PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch aka XV6900
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Vampyrate is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Vampyrate Send a message via AIM to Vampyrate Send a message via MSN to Vampyrate Send a message via Yahoo to Vampyrate Send a message via Skype™ to Vampyrate
Computer won't recognize the phone

For some reason my computer (Vista 64bit) only pics up my SD Card in the phone and not the phone itself, I have tried rolling back drivers, reinstalling drivers, everything. Yesterday everything was working perfectly and today this happens. Any idea why this is? I am currently running the Dark Vista 6.1 ROM (since its the only one that I could find that was stable for this phone) and have been for the past week. any reason why this is?
Old 10-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: My EVO punches your IPHONES
Carrier: Sprint

mebo73 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mebo73
Re: Computer won't recognize the phone

Choose a diffrent USB port

Old 10-05-2008, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via ICQ to Vampyrate Send a message via AIM to Vampyrate Send a message via MSN to Vampyrate Send a message via Yahoo to Vampyrate Send a message via Skype™ to Vampyrate

i tried on all 8 of the ports, including the one on my keyboard... i managed to figure it out though. i had the phone set to "disk mode" and had to change it
Old 10-06-2008, 09:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyrate View Post
For some reason my computer (Vista 64bit) only pics up my SD Card in the phone and not the phone itself, I have tried rolling back drivers, reinstalling drivers, everything. Yesterday everything was working perfectly and today this happens. Any idea why this is? I am currently running the Dark Vista 6.1 ROM (since its the only one that I could find that was stable for this phone) and have been for the past week. any reason why this is?
Dark Vista is the only ROM that is stable for a Vogue? There are many of us running other custom ROM's that find them quite stable....probably time to look again.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

its the only stable one that i like so far i know there are "far better" ones out there, but to each their own
Old 10-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no doubt ROM selections are hit or miss everyone has to search around and find what best suits their needs, all over out there the stability of even good ROMs are debated daily...+1 "to each there own"
Old 10-06-2008, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ive come to realize that modding a phone is just like modding a computer or car... my "dream" machine may be far different than others. there is no such thing as a cookie cutter mod if you are truly into modifying things
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue