PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   SIP Change (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36496)

nickf126 09-04-2008 07:42 AM

SIP Change

Hi guys,

A few days ago I downloaded a program from here called SIP Change, from Cozboogie (thanks Coz). It says that this program will allow me to set my keyboard to whatever I want, and it will stay that way through soft resets. I tried it, and it did not work. Is there some setting that I need to know about? Thanks for any feedback.

Jay6700 09-04-2008 09:31 AM

Re: SIP Change

When you have the keyboard up, you'll see to the right of the little keyboard icon at the bottom is a triangle, hit it, and it will give you a list of keyboards. select the one you want. You don't need a program to do this. With soft reset, your keyboard shouldn't change.

nickf126 09-04-2008 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay6700 (Post 403614)
When you have the keyboard up, you'll see to the right of the little keyboard icon at the bottom is a triangle, hit it, and it will give you a list of keyboards. select the one you want. You don't need a program to do this. With soft reset, your keyboard shouldn't change.

It does, that is why I am using the SIP change program. I was under the impression from other threads that the program would solve having to manually change the kb.

rainfreak 09-04-2008 10:04 AM

SIP Change has always worked for me. Once installed, go to your Programs folder, open SIP Change, and choose the keyboard that you want to use by default. Click the Select button and you should be good to go...

Darkness231 09-04-2008 10:05 AM

Did you run the SIP change program and select the default keyboard that you want or are you just selecting it the other way? Which keyboard are you trying to make default and which on is it defaulting to?

EDIT: rainfreak beat me to it. These work computers are so slow. It took 3 mins after I hit submit for it to post.

kingabraham3 09-04-2008 11:08 AM

you need to make sure SIP Change is automatically starting up. Check your startup folder to see if there is a link.

nickf126 09-04-2008 11:24 AM

I run the program in the way that you point out, then select the Diamond qwerty that i downloaded recently from here.

I highlight the one that I want, then just hit select.

Ugh, I am having these little problems that are annoying, and I want to switch to a new ROM with gps, but I am scared to screw up my phone.....

Darkness231 09-04-2008 11:51 AM

ROM and radio upgrades are very simple. Just follow the direction listed and there is no way you can screw up you device. Just make sure you back up your data such as emails and contacts prior to upgrading. I use PPCPIMBackup, its free. What carrier are you with?

nickf126 09-04-2008 12:06 PM

I am with Verizon. Ok, i hate to feel like a complete noob, but I am. Where can I get the ROM? Which is best for Verizon? Where are the directions? Thanks guys, I really love how everyone here is willing to explain stuff, very nice community.

Darkness231 09-04-2008 12:58 PM

Step 1 is to unlock your phone with ImCoKeMan's 2.31 unlocker.
Step 2 is to flash the Bell ROM so it will upgrade the radio.
Step 3 is to flash and >3.xx ROM that supports GPS. Some more popular are OMJ's and DCD's.
Step 4 flash a carrier cab. see DCD's carrier cabs.