PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

elmariachi is keeping up the good workelmariachi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help, messed up my cube...

So I'm trying to add new icons without any luck. I had been using cube config tool with some luck. then decided to use the Touch Settings app as it was supposed to generate animations for you automatically. Well I somehow messed it up and my cube responds super slow with no animations. I would rather just start over (and maybe keep it this way) How can I fix my cube??!!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Help, messed up my cube...

You could try reinstalling the cube (stock or custom) on top of itself. That should replace the settings, graphics and animations to default...
Old 08-05-2008, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Any chance you or anyone else has the cab for the stock sprint cube? I'm on the newest official rom. I googled here & @ XDA Dev with no luck. Maybe i'll take this chance to try some other cubes out, even though I really like the all black HTC theme on the stock cube. A CAB file for this would make my day
Old 08-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

I have it somewhere... I'll look for it at lunch if someone doesn't upload it for you first.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

Have you tried a hard reset? If your using a Sprint PCS Vouge/Touch it should rest everything back to stock.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY View Post
Have you tried a hard reset? If your using a Sprint PCS Vouge/Touch it should rest everything back to stock.
Dont want to do that if I dont have too, I have my device tweeked just like I like it...
Old 08-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

I found it...
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTCCubeYellow.zip (1.07 MB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks! I'm getting a permission error when I try to install. Anyway to disable the old cube before I install? I imagine it can't overwrite the files that are in use...

[EDIT] Tried using Total Commander to delete/rename the biotouch.exe in the windows directory, no luck though. Any suggestions?

Last edited by elmariachi; 08-05-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Try installing DotFred's Task Manager (latest version is attached below). Then use that to stop the process for biotouch.exe and then try the reinstall. Other than that... not sure.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TaskMgrv3.1_WM2005.zip (203.6 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-05-2008, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for all the help guys but this is driving me crazy... is there a way to just uninstall the cube so I can start over? I cant delete the biotouch.exe, tried removing the "read" ONly" tag. I was able to end the process with the taskmanager from above but it still doesnt let me delete/modify the file. I tried installing the cab again immediatly after I ended the process but still get permission errors. I also ended the processes app launcher & Mini media hub (read somewere they were associated with the cube). I might have to do a hard reset after all, this sucks...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue