PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6900
Carrier: Verizon

arianhojat is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
returning verizon vx6900, downgraded to stock rom, stuck at splash screen

so my verizon had a cracked casing so returning to insurance company so want to revert to old stock rom so at least kinda is similar to stock rom (heard gps radio still might be able to be seen by them when downgrading).

anyway i went back to .40spl, then flashed the 'stock' rom.
and now stuck at the bootsplash. (plus i noticed the radio is still 3.42.30 when booting up)

Any ideas 'geeks? I saw in the 'Unbricking Vogue / and downgrading SPL' thread, the verizon users havent found solution yet.

heard that i might need to go back to stock radio? like these steps.... is following correct? and if so, what radio do i go back to for Verizon?

Quote:
might be stuck at bootscreen cause stock rom doesnt like radio.... would have to go to the 2.31 unlocker, reflash a rom with radio you want (not sure which one to use for your Verizon), and go back to .40unlocker, and reflash that dumped stock verizon rom.

Last edited by arianhojat; 07-29-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: unTOUCHable
Carrier: vzw

willmatic08 is just getting started
Re: returning verizon vx6900, downgraded to stock rom, stuck at splash screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianhojat View Post
so my verizon had a cracked casing so returning to insurance company so want to revert to old stock rom so at least kinda is similar to stock rom (heard gps radio still might be able to be seen by them when downgrading).

anyway i went back to .40spl, then flashed the 'stock' rom.
and now stuck at the bootsplash. (plus i noticed the radio is still 3.42.30 when booting up)

Any ideas 'geeks? I saw in the 'Unbricking Vogue / and downgrading SPL' thread, the verizon users havent found solution yet.

heard that i might need to go back to stock radio? like these steps.... is following correct? and if so, what radio do i go back to for Verizon?
use the sprint old radio 2.13
Old 07-29-2008, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

is that the same radio that came with the phone? it doesnt work, at 8% says cant run update on the pda phone.

guess im not sure about exact steps to follow. i already went back to .40, and flashed the stock rom, couldnt get past bootsplash,
since cant boot up and get into activesync, cant get the new spl/unlocker back on.
Since can power+camera+reset, can go into rainbow screen and flash a newer rom, which seems to boot up now, and therefor now cant
activesync so can get 2.31 back on right to downgrade the radio? then after that go back to .40 (or .36spl which i think si what originally came on phone)? and flash the stock rom?
are those the steps i should follow?

Last edited by arianhojat; 07-30-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

any verizon user successfully flash stock rom?
Old 07-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianhojat View Post
any verizon user successfully flash stock rom?
I returned my first one with the radio on 3.x and got no problems. I bricked my the same way you did. The only problem I had was the "tech" (I use that term only because they do, not because he hold an IT job) trying to fix it for 30 minutes before giving up which was highly annoying. But it wasn't like I could tell him "it isn't going to work!" he might ask how I can be so sure.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: VZW

soccerman821 is keeping up the good worksoccerman821 is keeping up the good worksoccerman821 is keeping up the good work

i went in to the verizon store and they said that the cracked case isnt a known issue and they were tryin to make me use my insurance on it saying it was my fault.. they even persisted on tryin to sell me a case... but i think im goin to intentionally flash a bad rom in order to "brick" it so i can say its a technical problem on them in order to get it replaced by them.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

it's my understanding that you can't go backwards to a pre-gps radio because verizon did not release the rom it shipped the xv6900 with.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

shouldnt it be warranty and not insurance? if it is insurance you should be able to return it to them even if the phone doesnt work at all... so maybe bricking it completely is good.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

I know why.....you flashed .40 too soon....you have to flash 2.31 again, then flash the stock then flash .40, then reflash the stock to relock it
Old 07-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900 (HTC Vouge)

mikei is a n00b

I had the cracked case and got the same load of crap in the store about it being my fault. This is what I did.

Call customer service and nicely explain that you never dropped the phone, but have a hairline crack that seems to be getting bigger (in my case I had a 2nd crack that started to form which I also explained). Make sure you tell them...nicely...that you don't want to spend the $50 and that you think it should be covered under warrenty. What they told me was that unless there is water or obvious abuse they can cover it in warranty, however I had to agree to accept the $50 charge if they deem it abuse. They sent me to a local store (not the same one I went to 1st) and I got a brand new phone with no charge.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue