PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 12:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint HTC Touch as a modem

I used to have a treo 755 and used PDANet to use my cellphone to access the web via my laptop... is there a similar program that will allow my laptop to access the internet using my touch from sprint with no WiFi?

thankgs in advance !
Old 06-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank
Re: Sprint HTC Touch as a modem

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
I used to have a treo 755 and used PDANet to use my cellphone to access the web via my laptop... is there a similar program that will allow my laptop to access the internet using my touch from sprint with no WiFi?

thankgs in advance !
PDANet will work via bluetooth/cable with the Touch as well.

K
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:17 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Use ur touch as phone as modem aka tether. U can use USB or BT for wireless connectivity.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

wow that must of been the dumbest question i asked... i didnt releaze they also had a windows version.. wow

i just got phone and have had about three hours sleep a night... playing on it too much.. too tired...

thanks for pointing this out
Old 06-29-2008, 02:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

gustan is a n00b

Does Sprint charge for tethering?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:01 PM
bigbilal04

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

they say they charge, BUT THEY DONT, i work for sprint and never had one of my friends or customers charged for their tethering, as long as they have the data plan there good.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:45 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbilal04 View Post
they say they charge, BUT THEY DONT, i work for sprint and never had one of my friends or customers charged for their tethering, as long as they have the data plan there good.
Yes it's a myth because when U go online with ur phone, U use the same IP when U go online tethering. It is difficult to detect especially when U r switching online usage between the two. Just set it to sprint PCS just to be sure.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

badass26 is a n00b

This worked for me yesterday..

Sprint / Mogul Phone as Modem Summary
These steps are tested on all versions of windows xp and vista.
  1. Have Your Computer, HTC Mogul, and USB to MiniUSB Cable handy.
  2. Make sure internet connection sharing is not running on your Mogul
  3. NO USB Cable is plugged into the Mogul
  4. Open Internet Explorer on the Mogul
  5. With the web page running, open the start menu and run Internet Connection Sharing
  6. Ensure "Network Connection" is set to "Sprint PCS"
  7. Select "Connect"
  8. Connect your Mogul and laptop using the USB Cable
  9. Allow windows to automatically detect and install the appropriate driver software
  10. Browse the web and enjoy!

Here's the source:http://joshuakanz.com/htcmogul-phoneasmodem.php
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

G-touch is a n00b

WM6.1 and Wireless Modem
I recently upgrade my Touch to Windows Mobile 6.1 and since doing so, the wireless modem feature is acting up. More specifically, when I go to the Comm Manager, and then to Internet Sharing, set the PC Connection to "Bluetooth PAN", and click Connect, I end up with the following error message:

Error Code 67 Registration Failure. Your PCS Vision username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again.

This did not occur with WM6.

Any thoughts?!

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to Touch Forum.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue