PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 08:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rogo22 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
major messaging problem - lost/reset text messages

to me this is a big problem.. and very annoying. last night i flashed to sprint newest rom, and restored a pim backup of contacts, call logs, and messages

it restored about 400 texts, and right after that, i got both email accounts up and had 22 unread for gmail, 2 unread for sprint

i installed dashwire, and it installed fine and was working, but then froze
so i had to do a soft reset. when it booted up, i went back to my texts to continue a conversation, only to find they werent all there. there was everything i had restored, and some from after the upgrade flash, but only up to 11:04pm. and i have been texting non-stop till 5 this morning, with close to a thousand texts between that time. any reason why this would happen? for some reason it completely resets, it happens every time.. i sent a few more texts, soft reset, and they were gone, both in sent folder and the replys were gone from inbox. i read thru all emails, and the homescreen changed to 0, 0.. soft reset, back to 22, 2. the only thing i can think of is somehow pim backup runs after reboot? but that still wouldnt explain the texts/email count that hadnt been backed up/restored. i seem to have rambled a bit here but im really confused and lost a lot of texts with content that was mildly important. i dont want this to keep happening, any help would be appriciated
Old 07-04-2008, 05:21 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

rogo22 is a n00b
Re: major messaging problem - lost/reset text messages

does no one else have this problem? now im using a rom that i made with the latest kitchen and am still having this problem.. i can send myself a text, soft reset, and get the text, but the sent text will be gone, and if i soft reset again, the received text will be gone as well. and now this time it is restoring 2 texts and deleting any i had in there before the soft reset. i tried deleting them from inbox, and then from trash/deleted messages. but still they will come back with soft reset. i deleted pimbackup as that is the only backup software i had on the phone.. and even then it was just contacts, and these 2 texts are from after that.. its very annoying, does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 07-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

SenseiSimple is a n00b

i've had this problem since running my new rom using the latest kitchen on my sprint vogue.. on first boot and restore from backup, everyone i had previously text messaged got a random text message containing ONE word or character from a previous text message. then it randomly loses either the most recent sent or received messages. I haven't figured out a pattern or reason yet, but i have a sneaking suspicion it's the backup/restore... i'd hate to think it's from the new rom...
Old 07-04-2008, 09:19 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

rogo22 is a n00b

is there a backup/restore built in somehow or something? the only thing I can think of is do the texts need time before they are saved.. Because i find that if I let the phone alone long enough, then the reset won't default to the same message set... Although I just got a text and soft reset immediately, and it was still even marked unread, which is progress lol, so idk, if seems to only do this when it feels like it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue