PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question GPS lock on flashed vx6900

Radio: 3.37.10
ROM: Vista 700

I followed the general how to (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24979) and everything worked great. I am up and running on everything but MMS (but I am verifying settings) and the GPS doesn't lock with a primer app or in Google or MSN software. My question is is it worth trying to reflash the Vista 700, try another ROM from another author or attempt the Titan radio. Just before I spin my wheels any more I was looking for some practical advise.

Thanks,
Roland
Old 06-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann
Re: GPS lock on flashed vx6900

I just got mine to work... Have you tried Start>Settings>Phone>Services Tab>Location Settings>Location On?

And for Pic/Vid Messaging

Start>Messaging>Pics/Video>Menu>Pics/Video Configuration>Servers Tab

Edit Default

Server Name: Verizon Wireless
Gateway: Nothing Goes Here
Port Number: 80
Server Address: Http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
Sending Size Limitation: 500K
Wap: 2.0

I did use the titan radio, Hope this helps
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

When I upgraded to 730 of GFR's ROM and that seemed to fix my GPS, now I nee dto wait 10 min for the4 initial lock and after that it locks quickly until the gps receiver goes back to sleep mode or whateever it does.

Unfortunetly the new ROM removed MMS/PIC messages all together and I tried installing the Arcsoft cab and didn't add it back. Any suggestions there?

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Opps, I meant Vista 713 not 730.

Edit: and I just tried 715 witht he same result, no MMS

Just to be clear, it's not that it just isn't working, but it isn't even listed as an option under messaging.

Last edited by rolandroland; 06-24-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

Hmmm... I'd say go over to PPCKitchen.org and use the vogue kitchen. It works great on my phone and there are sooo many things you can add. Maybe a biased opinion, but I stick with what I know

Old 06-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I'll have to try that. The problem I have I guess is specific to Verizon vx6900 or something as no one else seems to have seen it before with my MMS/PIC messaging being removed from my device by a custom ROM and reflashing doesn't seem to do anything.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900

krzykrl is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to krzykrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandroland View Post
I'll have to try that. The problem I have I guess is specific to Verizon vx6900 or something as no one else seems to have seen it before with my MMS/PIC messaging being removed from my device by a custom ROM and reflashing doesn't seem to do anything.
i was in the same situation as you are with txt/pix messaging. i finally got fed up from flashing and trying settings, and just called verizon.. not 10 minutes later he walked me right through some settings and i think a reset on his end, i was up and texting again. just thought i'd remind you there are some smart verizon tech people to call, if you get lucky
Old 06-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I guess I'll give that a shot. I've only had bad experiences with them in the past so it didn't cross my mind. I work in IT with so many under-trained "technicians" from vendors I often use free support as a last resort.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandroland View Post
I think reflashing should get your MMS working. After every flash HARD RESET!
Find Someone else with a xv6900 compatible rom. make sure it is for VERIZON.
Arcsoft MMS is just an install in the OEM of the rom
To do a hard reset hold the send and end keys (green and red hard buttons) and then poke the circle on the bottom with the stylus

Last edited by negamann; 06-25-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I've done the hard resets and now tried Verizon doing over the air programming. Going to flash one more time and if ti doesn't work I am going to swap it at the store. Of course i am wondering if I should brick it first intentionally if I do that just so they dont' see it was flashed.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue