PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2008, 06:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

tantrum829 is keeping up the good worktantrum829 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint Touch Update within the next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizono View Post
Hate to burst the bubble but no such ROM on the way. I am Sprint Advanced Tech Support and right now our focus is troubleshooting the Instinct. Weve received no communication regarding this.
I think Mizono is right. If i called ten times maybe eight of them told me there is nothing coming out anytime soon and maybe 2 would tell me yes and a specific date but so far nothing.

Ill just stick to custom roms which some are probally more stable than what sprint will throw at us anyway.

Besides sprint is putting all there attention on the Instinct and forgeting all about us Vogue users.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

scottad1972 is just getting started

yea hense the reason why sprint is horrible in customer service and timing.

verizon and att release phones every other week and updates alot.

Sprint it takes week and months and sometimes years.

WE need more lg phones.

Look at the voyager awesome messaging and surfing and touch phone

what do we have, the rumour?? 1x speed no touch screen

we get all the cheap crap/

dont get me wrong i love sprints prices and such. but all sprint would have to do to be way up there is just avertise more and get more phones faster.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch by HTCâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint

joe3789 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaynut1992 View Post
I spoke to a Sprint 'advanced technical representative' tonight ( 6-21-2008 ), and he did CONFIRM there is an update coming out within the next week for the Touch.

Personally, I am not going to run one of these kitchens and potentially brick my phone. I would rather let Sprint replace my phone if their update fails. I respect the hard work that many people (who are a lot smarter than me) have done, but I just can't see experimenting this close to the update being out.

The link that will get you there is: www.sprint.com/downloads
Then select Windows Mobile (CE). The update will appear when ready.

Hope this helps save a brick or two
Speak to as many Sprint reps as you would like to, but that won't bring you the upgrade any quicker. It's best to wait it out. There are too many discussions going on that are speculative at best on when the upgrade is coming. As it has already been proven time and time again, calling a Sprint rep is not going to produce accurate information regarding a true release date. Be patient ... let's see more posts on the innovation that can be done on the platform instead of speculative conversation.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe3789 View Post
Speak to as many Sprint reps as you would like to, but that won't bring you the upgrade any quicker. It's best to wait it out. There are too many discussions going on that are speculative at best on when the upgrade is coming. As it has already been proven time and time again, calling a Sprint rep is not going to produce accurate information regarding a true release date. Be patient ... let's see more posts on the innovation that can be done on the platform instead of speculative conversation.
I agree. What SBR_L3GION and the others are working on right now will blow whatever Sprint has to offer away anyway once the project is closer to completion and a public beta is released. Their final release is going to be amazing if they keep working at the pace they are now. To hell with Sprint and their stupid update. I'm waiting for SBR_L3GION's update instead.

Old 06-22-2008, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kwatcha is becoming a great contributor

For the life of me I just can't seem to understand why NOT one single Sprint Tech Rep cannot be more specific on the Rom release date....June 15th, June 20th and now sometimes this week and now again someone blurts out that it will NOT for sure happen this week. Please in the future get the name of the Tech Rep who assured you that it WILL happen this week and if it turns out to be a flat lie ....let's go after him or her. This is just getting a bit crazy now!!!
Old 06-22-2008, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: The PhoneStop Store

fresnogamer is keeping up the good workfresnogamer is keeping up the good workfresnogamer is keeping up the good work

I used to work for Alorica Inc. They are the main Tech Support company for Sprint, among others. Sprint would never tell a agent when a UPDATE was coming out. They keep info like that very secret. They don't want to have to stick to a deadline. If a agent told somebody a date, I bet its just a office rumor. That is it. A rumor. The only people that know when that UPDATE will come out is the people that wrote it.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

pcdoc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
I agree. What SBR_L3GION and the others are working on right now will blow whatever Sprint has to offer away anyway once the project is closer to completion and a public beta is released. Their final release is going to be amazing if they keep working at the pace they are now. To hell with Sprint and their stupid update. I'm waiting for SBR_L3GION's update instead.
Is there a thread to follow to keep a look out for SBR_L3GION's update? Thanks.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

lucas bishop is a n00b

Sprint, is keen on making everyone upgrade but lacking in keeping it current customers with it's phones happy.

I am glad, you never fell for the old trick, most likely, the Instinct, will have more software issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
I knew that was coming. So you guys having many problems with the Instinct? I walked into the Sprint store the other day and the guy saw my Touch and tried to sell me an Instinct... I told him he couldn't sell me that phone for $5 if he tried.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:20 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdoc View Post
Is there a thread to follow to keep a look out for SBR_L3GION's update? Thanks.
Right here..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29754

Thanks T M Z
Old 06-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

when sprint does come out with a new release i will combine both the release from sprint and the my latest progress with the diamond ROM and i will hopefully have yall a fairly nice release tonight.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue