PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6900
Carrier: Cricket

dmworkman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashing Yellow Won't Charge

Hello,

Have a HTC 6900. Put a new battery in it and it would start at first and run fine. Problem is it's constantly flashing a yellow led (alert) and won't charge.

Wondering if there's any way to view what the alert msg is?

I know it's possible it's a bad a battery. I pulled it out and jury rigged it to a 3.7v charger. Charger is showing it's charged, but when I put it back in the phone it does run again for a while, but still flashes yellow and doesn't charge (also only for about 15 min, ran for over 2 hr when first put in). Also checked voltage 3.6V showing on multi-meter after the jury rig charging. .1 low.

Tried desktop, car, and usb chargers.

Wondering also if there's anything I can test with a mult-meter to make sure the battery meet's specs to kick off charging. Know that 6900's and others are prone to if battery is to low they won't kick into charge cycle.

At this point, not 100% sure if it's the battery or could be something additional to phone. At $30 a pop locally, get's a little expensive to try the replace battery route again. Already tried returning this one...Best Buy wouldn't take it back. grrrrr.

Also, anybody know what all 4 pins to the battery are? Pos and neg are outer, but what are the others for?

Thanks for any help!

Mark Workman
Old 09-20-2009, 01:29 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Flashing Yellow Won't Charge

Have you tried a hard reset on the phone? I would suggest that if you have a new battery.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6900
Carrier: Cricket
Threadstarter

dmworkman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hard reset, everything like that. Flashed back to stock rom.

Left battery on jury rig 3.6v li-ion charger slow charger overnight. showing 3.8 V now.

Battery gauge continually shows full charge. Suspecting it's the sensing/charging circuit internally.

Got it for $65 a while back. If I could get the internals on ebay for reasonable, IE under 30. Prob be worth fixing I figure. Otherwise I'm guessing sell for parts. Screen/Digitizer, Housing, Chargers, Battery all good.

Wish somebody out there might have another fix. Loved the phone. But have been looking for a reason to goto a 6850.

Still wish I know some way to test/know what the other 2 pins going to battery do. Doing continuity 1 seems to short over to pin 2 (from top)

Mark
Old 09-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

BummerWell, I would agree it sounds like a hardware failure. Might be time to retire it.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:00 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Have you tried a hard reset on the phone? I would suggest that if you have a new battery.

why would you have to hard reset when putting a new battery in?

check your usb connector, blow it out with compressed air, i did and it worked wonders for me.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue