PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

JohnLips is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Problem with a progam trying to install over and over

5 to 10 times a day my phone will make a beep and when I check it out its installing ttn.cab. I stop it or if i let it continue it fails. then trys again. I know its tom tom program. but how do i stop it from continuing to try to install?
Thanks for any help
John
Old 09-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Problem with a progam trying to install over and over

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLips View Post
5 to 10 times a day my phone will make a beep and when I check it out its installing ttn.cab. I stop it or if i let it continue it fails. then trys again. I know its tom tom program. but how do i stop it from continuing to try to install?
Thanks for any help
John
Find the cab. then delete the cab if it's on the phone or remove off your card if it's on the card.
If all else fails install memory maid or similar and clean your memory.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

JohnLips is a n00b

I have searched and can't find the cab. Not sure about memory maid, Is there a free program to take care of this?
Old 09-19-2009, 02:00 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Try this uninstaller program it might help find it and get rid of it:http://www.pocketpcfreeware.mobi/dow...installer.html
Old 09-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

JohnLips is a n00b

Uninstaller didn't show the program only 17 programs, most of my programs didn't show up in the uninstaller. Would there be something in the reg that is calling the installer cab?
Old 09-19-2009, 11:53 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Try this one:
http://freewareppc.com/utilities/remover.shtml

Also SKTools has a clean feature capable of fixing that, unfortunally is not free.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:40 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLips View Post
Uninstaller didn't show the program only 17 programs, most of my programs didn't show up in the uninstaller. Would there be something in the reg that is calling the installer cab?
First, check in Windows/Startup and se if there is something left in there.Then I recommend you get memmaid(free trial) and use it to show running processes and stop the process that is running that keeps trying to install . If you can, remember the specific name of the file/program/error that keeps coming up.There may be a left over entry in the registry that could be causing this. I recommend Phm Regeditor. You can use the find/search function to search for the name of the app/file that keeps trying to run and remove that string from the registry.Good Luck!!
Old 09-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

JohnLips is a n00b

Thanks to all for the help. It seems to be ok now.
John
Old 09-21-2009, 01:31 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Saying Thanks is Nice.Pressing Thanks is Best!
Old 09-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

JohnLips is a n00b

OK sorry i'm a noob, done!
Closed Thread