PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone using iGO 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsachirpthing View Post
Thanks to Mardukeme for the sys.txt file. I have taken his file and actually modified it some more, by changing the angle (using zoom on device looks like the new TomTom and in 3D like youtube video), and addiing a smart zoom as well. It took a little searching, but I found the info over at XDA and thought I would share over here. This really made a substantial difference in my iGo8 3D. I hope it helps your device as well. Thanks.

itsachirpthing,

Thanks, I will give your sys.txt a try and see how it pans out.

Also I'm going to go rafting up in Northern Wisconsin this weekend from Chicago. There are a few places up there that have no cell service, will see how well the gps on the phone perfoms in those areas. I am still bringing my bluetooth puck as a backup.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: T-Mobile Wing
Carrier: T-Mobile

albanact is a n00b

Where does one get the POIs, DEMs and what not for US? I cannot seem to find anything out...
Old 07-18-2008, 03:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: T-Mobile Wing
Carrier: T-Mobile

albanact is a n00b

If possible, can I be PMd please!? TY in advanced!!
Old 07-22-2008, 05:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sanvara is becoming a great contributor

I can't stand that beep tone before each direction is given. Have people just edited the wav file so it is just a silent pause?
Old 07-27-2008, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

stopthebus is a n00b

Quote:
Thanks to Mardukeme for the sys.txt file. I have taken his file and actually modified it some more, by changing the angle (using zoom on device looks like the new TomTom and in 3D like youtube video), and addiing a smart zoom as well. It took a little searching, but I found the info over at XDA and thought I would share over here. This really made a substantial difference in my iGo8 3D. I hope it helps your device as well. Thanks.

Thanks for the file.
I need a little help please.
How do I get rid of the "scale" that runs across at the bottom next to the arrow?

Thanks
Old 07-28-2008, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

hideffer is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanvara View Post
I can't stand that beep tone before each direction is given. Have people just edited the wav file so it is just a silent pause?
To get rid of the nav alert ding sound, I used Total Commander and deleted the !nav_ding.wav in the SD/iGO8/data.zip/audio folder. Total Commander will rezip correctly the data.zip folder and you will not hear the ding before each direction is given.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO !
Carrier: Sprint - OMJ

itsachirpthing is keeping up the good workitsachirpthing is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopthebus View Post
Thanks for the file.
I need a little help please.
How do I get rid of the "scale" that runs across at the bottom next to the arrow?

Thanks
I don't think that the scale can be removed my modifying the sys.txt file. I would rather look toward using a different skin. I am using a custom skin called "ultra 3.0" that is very nice and user friendly, however the scale is still at the bottom of the screen. It doesn't seem to be very noticeable in this skin. I can't post where to find this skin, but I'm very sure if you google it you will find it. So far this skin has been the best I have tried. Sorry I wasn't able to help you out.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch!

ObviousMan is just getting started

Quote:
I don't think that the scale can be removed my modifying the sys.txt file. I would rather look toward using a different skin. I am using a custom skin called "ultra 3.0" that is very nice and user friendly, however the scale is still at the bottom of the screen. It doesn't seem to be very noticeable in this skin. I can't post where to find this skin, but I'm very sure if you google it you will find it. So far this skin has been the best I have tried. Sorry I wasn't able to help you out.
Here is the link to the author's post on PDAMILL with Ultra skin 4.0 (4.1 is coming out soon) http://my.pdamill.com/viewtopic.php?t=3447
Not sure why you can not post the link to it. Developing custom skins does not seem to be against the rules...
May be I am looking in the wrong place, but I did not see a way to make it TTS. Does it mean that on Touch TTS would not work with iGO8?
OM
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO !
Carrier: Sprint - OMJ

itsachirpthing is keeping up the good workitsachirpthing is keeping up the good work

That actually wasn't the location that I usually go to, but looks good. I currently am using the susan tts voice on my touch with no issues. It works very well and announces the street names. I am using iGo 8 and everything works very well. I have tried registering and using the pda mill site, but for some reason it will never send me an email to confirm my registration. I went back and tried it again and it told me my address had already been used. Can you post the 4.0 skin? Thanks!
Old 08-04-2008, 11:02 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Thank you very much for this file, I have an addition to this if you don't mind. I installed a new version of Igo8 that didn't conflict with my HTC home, and all my maps worked, but my poi's would not work. I searched around and was not the only one with this problem. If you add this line to sys.txt and restart the app it will load up all the old pois you already have. I did not figure this out and give the original poster Lionedas all credit, just wanted to pass it along to you guys and maybe you could add it to your already awesome sys.txt file.

Original post follows:

"can someone that is having poi problems with older poi's try this in the sys.txt to see if older poi's will now show up.

[poi]
enable_pois_before_080217=1

Lionedas"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue