PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

SunnDogg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone have issues dialing * to enter work v-mail?

Has anyone experienced or found a workaround for the follow issue? My new work voicemail requests that I hit ** after I reach my voice message to enter into my mailbox to check messages. The Touch simply hangs up when you hit star. I've talked to Sprint and they duplicated the issue and labeled it as a bug with the Touch and HTC pushed me back to Sprint. I've tried p, w, and commas with no luck whatsoever. I travel extensively and this is kind of a deal breaker for this phone and they are only offering a small credit towards a different phone leaving me out of most all of my original investment as I'm past my 30 days. Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

GuyWithNoLife is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone have issues dialing * to enter work v-mail?

If you hit ** quickly, it turns into p from the dialpad (as I'm sure you've seen)... maybe program the number to have a *,* to get around the 'bug' (if it is a bug), or when dialing manually, wait a good few seconds before the second *.

On my work's voicemail system, my phone has to dial the number, wait about 6 seconds, then enter my extension and password, etc. My phone entry is "(555) 555-8500 ,,9303055551" including the space between the 8500 and the commas (I don't remember adding it though, maybe the phone did?). I don't know if this helps seeing as you can't get in by dialing it, much less trying to automate it.

The phone system may have a backdoor access to your voicemail box... for example, my extention is 3030. When I connect to the number, I can access my mailbox by dialing 93030 instead of 3030. It prompts for my password, and then I can hear my messages. This varies system to system though (we use an old NEC system at my office).

Hope this helps somehow.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue