PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 07:55 PM
N00b

CaGe02 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Soft reset ever hour

OK well I have searched the forum but no one seems to be having this problem. I just got my new touch yesterday as a replacement for my mogui. Since unboxing and getting it activated I have hard reset 4 times, and about every hour I have had to soft reset because it won't announce a message or call. The only thing I have added to the phone was XML contacts back up. The problem seems to happen after I change ringtones or open media player or audio manager. I don't know what could be causing this but do you think I got a lemon and need to send it back.?

My rom is 1.12.6521.1
radio is 2.13.00
rom date is 9/18/07
Old 02-03-2008, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH
Carrier: Sprint

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaGe02 View Post
OK well I have searched the forum but no one seems to be having this problem. I just got my new touch yesterday as a replacement for my mogui. Since unboxing and getting it activated I have hard reset 4 times, and about every hour I have had to soft reset because it won't announce a message or call. The only thing I have added to the phone was XML contacts back up. The problem seems to happen after I change ringtones or open media player or audio manager. I don't know what could be causing this but do you think I got a lemon and need to send it back.?
I've been away from these forums for a while; but I can tell you that your problem is not uncommon- the phone freezes (lock-up) when it goes to sleep and doesnt wake for incoming calls or text.

It is for this reason that I've resorted to using my Treo 755p. I have to do a lot of reading (catching up) around here to find out if there has been any updates or fixs for this problem.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The Pro 2.0

Ovendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLex View Post
I've been away from these forums for a while; but I can tell you that your problem is not uncommon- the phone freezes (lock-up) when it goes to sleep and doesnt wake for incoming calls or text.

It is for this reason that I've resorted to using my Treo 755p. I have to do a lot of reading (catching up) around here to find out if there has been any updates or fixs for this problem.
I will certainly agree that it will happen, but I wouldn't say it's common. (Does it mean that something is "common" if that something can be described not uncommon? I think something can be not uncommon, but also not be common) Ok, I'm back. I don't want to point out the obvious here, but you need to not install any apps after the hard reset, and see what happens. If the problem persists, wipe it, grab your manuals, charger, cables etc. and head to a store.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:00 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

CaGe02 is a n00b
well I found out what is happening. When I open IE it does this. I wiped the phone and only thing I did was put my card in where all my ringtones are had my roomate text me while the phone was asleep. it rang and vibrated like it should. I opened IE and then closed it and bam no vibrate no sound no nothing. Anyone else know of this or should I just get prepared to go to the store tomorrow
Old 02-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23
Quote:
well I found out what is happening. When I open IE it does this. I wiped the phone and only thing I did was put my card in where all my ringtones are had my roomate text me while the phone was asleep. it rang and vibrated like it should. I opened IE and then closed it and bam no vibrate no sound no nothing. Anyone else know of this or should I just get prepared to go to the store tomorrow
my bro had 2 like that, and honestly he didnt find a fix for it, he even run the phone without app, quick menu disable, htc home also disable and it still didnt wake up. IMO i would return/exchange it.
samsung 680, a700, 920, legendary 9k, a900, 6700, treo 700wx, 6800, 6700, 6800(collecting dust), as of 01/09/08 htc touch, and 5/24/08 finally the blackberry curve, 10/15/08 touch pro, 4/30/09 boring blackberry curve again.
12/04/09 DROID.
WM, HTC, and BB can go to hell now.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
@ Ovendoor- I've no idea what you're talking about.

@ Cage- for many of us that have this problem, the things that bring it on are not consistent. From your post, IE seems to be your culprit.

This has occurred on stock and fully loaded phones. Exchanges, for the most part, didn't help- the problem still reared its ugly head. I'm not suggesting that you not get it exchanged, I'm just saying don't be surprised if it starts happening on the replacement and IE isn't the reason it's doing it again.

Also, this same, not waking from sleep, occurred in the Mogul as well. I've posted my feelings previously that since both the Mogul and Touch are HTC phones, I feel that its simply an issue with the phone and not the apps that are being run; hence the inconsistency.

Good luck with your replacement. Lets us know how it works out for you.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:53 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

CaGe02 is a n00b
Thanks for the info but I tried something last night. I installed Vista CUbe 2.0 and enter the IE through that instead of on my regular cube. Now the problem is gone it has been over 18 hours and no problems and the phone has been asleep most of the day. Also I noticed that my home page is what I set it to not the sprint software store as it was when I loaded from the original cube. I don't know if this changed anything with the IE but it certainly worked for me. I wil post again in a few days to let everyone know if this is a persistent change. I hope it is because I have fallen in love with my touch.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Thanks for the info but I tried something last night. I installed Vista CUbe 2.0 and enter the IE through that instead of on my regular cube. Now the problem is gone it has been over 18 hours and no problems and the phone has been asleep most of the day. Also I noticed that my home page is what I set it to not the sprint software store as it was when I loaded from the original cube. I don't know if this changed anything with the IE but it certainly worked for me. I wil post again in a few days to let everyone know if this is a persistent change. I hope it is because I have fallen in love with my touch.
Just take it back and get a different one, sounds like it's a lemon. I'm sure there are other ones out there like it too, but I've NEVER once had my Touch not wake up and I've put it through the ringer with so many different configurations and programs. The only hard resets I've done were because I wanted to.

I may just have an exceptional one but your problems aren't right, just get it exchanged now when it's easier in case you get another lemon and have to exchange it again
Old 02-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I have the same issue with my Alltel Touch... I'm hoping the updated 6.1 rom fixes the problem.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Mubashir is a n00b
Re: Soft reset ever hour

i have the same exact problem i have to soft reset it every dam hour and the thing is i cant take it back since i dont have insurance they charge me like 55 bucks so any one have any ideas????????
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue