PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mrenz999 is keeping up the good workmrenz999 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My opinion on locking threads

I am really shocked that threads pointing out bad customer service are being locked. If I am researching where to buy accessories for my PPC this is where I would come to look. So if there are multiple people complaining about a supplier I would take that into consideration before buying from any company. This forum as I understand it is about sharing information about PPC's and if someone is not getting satisfaction from a company on the companies website then letting people here know about it and discussing it seems to be a great idea to me.

Anyway, just my opinion
Old 01-12-2008, 10:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody
I think they lock it when immature bickering begans, but what I have noticed is that certain members that have an invested interest in the financial success of certain carriers began to bagger individuals that complain. However, the baggers are rarely checked and if you rebuff them then your labeled or given a negative rep "an un known quantity". Go figure!
Old 01-12-2008, 11:27 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Want to know why I closed this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=15869

Read this one:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...Seidio+Battery

This topic has brought out strong feelings from those who invested there money and feel riped off as well as those who like what they got. So if there are other products that need discussing feel free to post I would like to know but if the thread turns in to another Seidio battery sucks thread it will be closed. Remember we are all friends here and I just want everyone to enjoy the interesting informative information posted here. Please inform us but don't rehash old topics. The information about the Siedio battery is there for those interested enough to search, nothing has been removed. I hope everyone understands my position on this and I will leave this thread opened for further discussion so long as it remains civilized.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:55 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Honestly, I am not too fond of locking threads. To me, its the same as taking away someone's right to free speech. People are going to complain either way and I tend to leave forums once too many threads have been locked.

Why not make a forum specifically for rants and move the threads that get out of hand to that forum with a link to it from the initial forum it came from? This way, people that don't want to see it don't have to and people that do want to see it still can. Immaturity goes both ways. People should be mature enough not to start something in the first place but on the flipside, people should also be mature enough to ignore it once it gets out of hand.

I've run my own forum for about 3 years now and having a rant forum keeps drama to a minimum and allows people who want to participate to do so.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:20 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Honestly, I am not too fond of locking threads. To me, its the same as taking away someone's right to free speech. People are going to complain either way and I tend to leave forums once too many threads have been locked.

Why not make a forum specifically for rants and move the threads that get out of hand to that forum with a link to it from the initial forum it came from? This way, people that don't want to see it don't have to and people that do want to see it still can. Immaturity goes both ways. People should be mature enough not to start something in the first place but on the flipside, people should also be mature enough to ignore it once it gets out of hand.

I've run my own forum for about 3 years now and having a rant forum keeps drama to a minimum and allows people who want to participate to do so.
Now that's constructive critisizum, thanks for your suggestion, I might have more questions for you but first what forum do you run I would like a read.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue