PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

KevB is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Clearing space in Main Memory

I'm running very low on available main memory, but have plenty of space on the storage card. What files can I move over to the storage card to create some space and improve efficiency? Can I move the CAB files that have been used to install apps? Any help would be appreciated, and I apologize if this has been discussed.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond(Victor)
Carrier: Sprint

360discgolf is keeping up the good work360discgolf is keeping up the good work
I keep a lot of stuff on the storage card. Of course all video, music, and photo files. I have a folder for my cab files so if I have to do a hard reset or if I flash a new ROM, all my program files are there for me to reinstall. So yes, move all cabinets to the storage card.

I also install some programs to the storage card. Somethings have to be installed to main memory to work properly, but most programs can be stored to the SC.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

KevB is a n00b
I've got all my media and icons on the storage card, so I should be good there. I think all the cabs are taking quite a bit of space, so moving those should help. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor
Do programs generally run slower or less efficiently if installed to the storage card? I would assume that they did...
Old 01-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond(Victor)

360discgolf is keeping up the good work360discgolf is keeping up the good work
programs I have installed on the memory card have always worked efficently for me
Old 01-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
The only thing i install to the phone, are apps that run on the today screen... other than that, if its an app you have to launch, install it to the storage card...
Old 01-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Also, go into your options in PIE and clear out the cache, I recovered almost 20mb by doing this.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:26 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
i would reccomend getting a free program called clear temp. google it....i have gotten back so much memory thanks to it.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue