PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gdquinn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet Problem

Once a while I will lose internet connection without my awareness. When I decide to check email or browse, I get error messages. Is there a way to reset the internet connection without doing the soft reset?
Old 12-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

soul88 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to soul88 Send a message via MSN to soul88 Send a message via Yahoo to soul88
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdquinn View Post
Once a while I will lose internet connection without my awareness. When I decide to check email or browse, I get error messages. Is there a way to reset the internet connection without doing the soft reset?
Go into the settings and click on the phone icon...click on the "services" tab... scroll down your list until you see internet then click on the get settings button.

This starts a client initiated OTA... a notification will show and its says "preparing vision services, please wait or push the "end" key to cancel"

It can take a couple of minutes but that normally does the trick...
YOU CAN USE THIS IF YOU continue getting an error 1012 (invalid vision username and pword) as well. It will take a few times to push thru completely but it beats calling tech support and doing all the resets then hearing "this may take 2 to 4 hours to complete".

Hope that helps
Old 12-26-2007, 11:30 AM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I just set the Long Press End button to close data connection and then run the app again. That seems to get it going, although it may take once or twice
Old 12-26-2007, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nitefall is just getting started
Sorry I'm new here and may get shotdown but Suck at searching and can never find anything. My problem is that last night my vision services were working fine till for some reason it started to give me error 67 and the 1012 codes. I even went throught the hassle of calling tech support and got a really nice lady who helped me try to reset the phone 3 different times. weird thing though even after reseting my phone I kept all my programs.

So after all that my vision still isnt working on the phone and she told me to take it to sprint to have them look at it......

I really dont want to do that so if anyone has a suggestion for me it would be appreciated

Thanks
Old 12-26-2007, 01:05 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitefall View Post
Sorry I'm new here and may get shotdown but Suck at searching and can never find anything. My problem is that last night my vision services were working fine till for some reason it started to give me error 67 and the 1012 codes. I even went throught the hassle of calling tech support and got a really nice lady who helped me try to reset the phone 3 different times. weird thing though even after reseting my phone I kept all my programs.

So after all that my vision still isnt working on the phone and she told me to take it to sprint to have them look at it......

Thanks
Yea you are somewhat OT for this post (and for this forum as well), but I would suggest you go into settings/connections/manage and make sure your phone as modem connection is not picked. It should be on auto or Sprint PCS. Also it appears your hardreset did not take, ie you did not do it right. I would try that again, but do it as a last resort.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nitefall is just getting started
ahh ok sorry didnt realize i was in the touch section.. I will make a new post in teh right section

As far as the connections though it is set to auto but it alwasy tries to connect to the phone as modem connection. The cust serv rep helped me to delete the connections and make a new one but after a soft reset the connections were right back. We did the hard reset 2 different ways and neither took.....

Thanks for the heads up though
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue