PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Vogue users left.... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139997)

wooptiewoous 01-21-2011 12:13 AM

Vogue users left....

So I Gotta Know hyow many of us r still using the vogue As I Am Never Got on the Andriod dont like it never will they shoud have not wasted the snap dragon on it IMO but finally the windows7 is out but still on the not so good phones yet IMO so ill stay with my godd old solid VOGUE til i see what i want anyway how many left ??????

MrGoodtunes 01-21-2011 04:25 PM

Re: Vogue users left....

I too still luv Vogue, even though I'm always looking to see if the grass is greener for me elsewhere. Certain things about other devices look good. Besides faster processors and higher resolution screens, for example, there's the nifty little lazar eye navigation button on the Incredible. But nothing like Pocket Player for Android, rules it out. Same sort of stopper for me with every single device since Vogue. Less than 4 inches tall and less than 4 ounces light, just can't beat that!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/picture.ph...pictureid=1286

AZTECHKA 01-21-2011 04:52 PM

I still love my vogue... I have a 16 gb card in mine and let my 4 year old watch movies on it. LOL.
In the car or on his bed only.
The thing still looks new.
There werre only a couple of complaints I had with it.
I have ape hands and the onscreen keyboard is nearly impossible without the stilus. Also the lack of wifi and... Not much else other than the lack of a headphone jack.
But the physical keyboard on the TP and the TP2 spoiled me. Now the EVO is spoiling me with it's beautiful 4.3" screen and fast processor not to mention the plethora of apps available.

95FormulaTA 01-24-2011 09:00 AM

Still in love with my Vogue, no complaints at all except the afor mentioned not friendly to sausage mitts. I'm waiting to see what WP7 devices come to Sprint, been due for an upgrade for a long time but haven't found anything worth while yet...... Long live the Vogue!

boredandtattooed 01-24-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes (Post 2041574)
But nothing like Pocket Player for Android, rules it out.

Pocket Player
Version 4.2 Just Released! Pocket Player is an alternative media player for Pocket PC and Smartphone, featuring playback of common audio formats such as MP3, M4A, AAC, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files. A ten-band audio equalizer and preamplifier control is supported, as is a visualization plugin system.

this is nothing special... and this isnt winMO, theres not only 2 or 3 music players to chose from... were talking about the over 200,000 apps android.. theres about 60+music players to chose from... youll have no problem replacing Pocket Player im sure..

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95FormulaTA (Post 2043188)
, been due for an upgrade for a long time but haven't found anything worth while yet..

Hope your plannin on upgrading before Sprint hacks up their Premier Program.. if you ahvent been a customer 10yrs or have an exceptionally high Phone Plan, youll be moved to Silver Status on Premier... what does that mean??? it means they take away you Upgrade eligiblity.... it even goes as far to say, You wont be grandfathered in... which to me means everyone holding onto rebates that dont use them before the switch, will lose them after the change........ id pick your device quick or youll be paying full retail when you try to "upgrade"

Lowranger 01-25-2011 09:16 AM

Vogue on Sero for 3 years now.

Couldn't be happier.

MrGoodtunes 01-25-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 2043206)
...over 200,000 apps android.. theres about 60+music players...

Hey thanks b+t for trying to help me think outside the box. You were very helpful in that regard once before:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ml#post2016088

But PP, Vogue, and myself are a combination that's working too well. Consider, for example, this weekend's Superbowl, and suppose the Steelers were offered 60+ quarterbacks, some for free. Should they replace Big Ben Roethlisberger? Enough of that. Consider instead that PP provides true gapless playback, i.e. absolutely zero dead air between tracks. Combine this with the fact that I've individually ripped thousands of songs, one by one, cleaning the start and ending of each with a fraction of a second's worth of fade in and/or fade out, where ever needed, before compressing to MP3. And then afterwards, used MP3TrimPro to remove zero (silent) frames from each end of each MP3. I really really want no dead air between songs, but that's only 1 thing I'm picky about. Another is the UI. Another is my singles oriented mindset for the song library database, and there are other reasons PP can't be beat. Furthermore, besides music playback, I need to download HTML files from my Web server mobily, then edit, and FTP them back to the server. Within these files are Excel tables and graphs, as well as graphs that need to be plotted pixel by pixel. Total Commander, Mobile Excel, and PaintWM do what I need. Closest Android tools (AnFTP and Docs togo) do not come close enough, though it's been awhile since I last checked - sorta have given up, as Android is growing in other directions from what I want and need.

AZTECHKA 01-25-2011 08:49 PM

Whoah... You actually compared your Vogue to Big Ben Ruthlesbuggers???
LOL... Too funny.
Don't get me wrong... I'm a life long WinMo fan... Been there since the begining... But you are describing some tedious work which can only be next to impossible on that tiny little screen and with that tiny little stilus.
But if it doesn't bother you... I guess that's what works for you.
Even with my 4.3" screen... The most I want to do on a spreadsheet is look something up... Even on my 10" netbook it's not ideal... I need a real monitor at least 19 inches and preferrably my 32 inch TV in my bedroom (perfect fro TV and PC in the room).
I loved and still love the Vogue. And yes... It does do Excel and other things that only winmo phones can do well... But it's no Ben. And I would trade it for at least one if not more than one of those 60+ options available... I did (I traded my Touch for the TP... TP to TP2 and TP2 to EVO) and I would do it again.

guitardoc64 01-25-2011 09:38 PM

I still have mine. I haven't powered it up in months, but the last time I did it worked fine. I miss the little bugger sometimes. I had that phone longer than any other phone to date, about 2 1/2 years (which is like, what 70 years in ppc years lol!) and I enjoyed it for the most part. I have moved on to Android and am happy with the OS, but to all you Touch?Vogue owners that still have them, enjoy!

monkeyboy 01-30-2011 02:43 AM

still have mine but haven't really used it much in 2 years as the Diamond is better in nearly every way... mostly the VGA screen and WiFi...

divxmaster 02-08-2011 04:11 AM

Still use it everyday. However, CDMA will be turned off here in 10 months :(
Have you seen the size of the latest phones?? their huge!
It does everything I need at the moment, great h264 playback, garmin gps, fpsece for playstation games (ok, it needs to run a bit faster). pocket diablo!!

Oh, and runs android if I want it to (I dont)

wooptiewoous 02-11-2011 02:01 AM

cdma wont be turned off.. but i see alot of i still have its, i have mine running to the max.used it everyday and never locks up or drops call in the woods where i live as well as im on spring in total roam always they dont have this area..andriod isnt for me there nugget isnt good and will always have issues.why do you think its open sorce anyway good to see outher still on the Vogue its so damm old at least its the force behind HTC there reason they are so popular

highhacker 04-16-2011 02:00 AM

i still have mine and i use it everyday with fresh froyo on it 2.2.1 :) I still have an alltel service on Verizon with real unlimited data and i also use its data for a 3g only wifi tether eris i have both on just from the vouge 3g info works fine with just some of the info entered in epst of the eris :) Still going strong 4-15-2011 with my vouge on my side with rooted stable android . one of the smallest android phones made to date . Love it !! i download 5 to 9 movies off vidics every week and it dont cost me a dime using my eris with the vouge 3g data info in it . its great a wifi hotspot with 4 mb speeds :) L) :) i will never get rid of my vouge as i have three for back ups !!

HH

min68 04-23-2011 04:21 AM

still use it as Bell prepaid. Nothing can beat it in my area, for $10/month unlimited Internet. Works perfect with my Internet tablets Nokia N800 and Archos 43.

pjrey 04-27-2011 09:14 PM

still rockin mine as well... got it new in dec 2007... just recently the screen is unresponsive.. ordered a new digitizer.... if that doesnt do it.. where to go? i like winMO.. not a fan of this android business (google kinda freaks me out)... and the new win7series looks very un-customizable (if its anything like the zuneHD i have.. i love it.. but with my phone, i require a lot more than an MP3 player)

i love how i can tether, sync with outlook, standard usb.....

the future is now, and i dont like it...
nothing is jumping out....

p

jadesse 04-27-2011 09:20 PM

I switched to the Imagio without a data plan in September. Did not want to make the leap to android. The slow GPS lock on the Vogue became too much of a hinderance. I am able to get a lock with my Imagio within 10s every time.

pjrey 04-27-2011 09:22 PM

i get locks in 5 seconds....

strommsarnac 05-09-2011 03:00 PM

I bought mine back in January 2005 and it still works great. I've about worn out the OEM included holster though :)

Only problem I've ever had was starting about a month ago. Sprint kept pushing PRL and "System" updates to the phone at about 2:30 in the morning. Happened every morning for almost three weeks. Not only did it keep waking me up when it vibrated to alert me that it was going to automatically reboot, but those PRL/System updates kept making me get less and less of a good signal and pushed me more and more into ROAM. I had to hard-reset it back to the default 6.1 load and then reg-hack so it won't auto-update. Now it works great again.

Only problem now is I can't figure out how to force show time for all my texts and get back my black PCM keyboard which oddly isn't an option even off the known cab installer.

I'll switch phones when this one dies or Sprint gives me a free phone comparible to this (and not an android!).

MrGoodtunes 05-09-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strommsarnac (Post 2099344)
...get back my black PCM keyboard...

It's probably one of these:
PocketCM Contacts & Keyboard

Or, you can choose from 20 skins via this:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-vogue/...ds#post2066020

Hope this helps, MrG

bigboy292000 05-27-2011 05:19 PM

Today is that day that my Vogue has been powered off. Replaced by the Trophy...

I had a lot of fun with my Vogue; replaced the screen digitizer even. Flashed it at least 20-25 times over the years, ran Android on it (which was pretty bad BTW). The thing would not die! It is still not dead. :)

crd22 05-28-2011 11:03 PM

I am still actively using my Vogue, a bit over two years later.
I have been eligible for an upgrade on VZW for months now, but I want to wait for a good WP7 device, preferably something like the TP2/Arrive with LTE support (basically future-proofing for the two years I'm "stuck" with the phone).

When something good comes like that comes (prolly not till the end of this year, beginning of next), I'll happily retire my Vogue from daily use; though I will definitely not get rid of it.

It started getting quirky the past few days, so I decided to flash NFSFan's ROM again and also unlock the GPS at the same time. This should keep me happy for a good time now.

bigboy292000 05-31-2011 01:58 PM

You do whatever works for you but - I do want to say something about "good" hardware (alluding that Trophy is not)...

It is not a LTE device, sure...

It IS a good, actually great device. It has many good things going for it; it runs WP7 (and will run Mango) with ease and is a joy to use. It is not too big (I think HD7 is) and fits very nicely in the hand. It is solidly built (unlike cheap plastic feel of Focus for example) and it is not too heavy.

The bad: it has a so-so screen, but it is not bad actually, it is just not latest and greatest. Only 1300 mah battery? Hmmm... it still does a day duty for me, with wireless and location on. The camera is okay, but not great.

But - it is on VZW network which is a #1 feature I ask of the phone.

For me, BTW, LTE is not something I care for, as I don't need to be paying that much for data! You sure you want to go there?

crd22 06-01-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboy292000 (Post 2108925)
You do whatever works for you but - I do want to say something about "good" hardware (alluding that Trophy is not)...

It is not a LTE device, sure...

It IS a good, actually great device. It has many good things going for it; it runs WP7 (and will run Mango) with ease and is a joy to use. It is not too big (I think HD7 is) and fits very nicely in the hand. It is solidly built (unlike cheap plastic feel of Focus for example) and it is not too heavy.

The bad: it has a so-so screen, but it is not bad actually, it is just not latest and greatest. Only 1300 mah battery? Hmmm... it still does a day duty for me, with wireless and location on. The camera is okay, but not great.

But - it is on VZW network which is a #1 feature I ask of the phone.

For me, BTW, LTE is not something I care for, as I don't need to be paying that much for data! You sure you want to go there?

I don't doubt that the Trophy is a good device as WP7's minimum specs are pretty well, but I kinda want a phone with a nice keyboard (like the TP2). I'd definitely get a TP2 if I could get it without data, but if I'm going to get a data plan, I'd rather have a newer, better phone.
That said, I thought LTE service on VZW was the same as regular data service? I thought I saw once on an add that data for the Thunderbolt was only $30/month (*same as regular data). Anyway, VZW's dropping unlimited data, so hopefully the pricing will go down a little and 4G stays the same.
As for my justification for getting an LTE device...
1) I'll be paying for data, might as well be paying for the best (esp. if the price is the same)
2) I'll have this phone for two years at least; I want to "future-proof" my phone as best I can
3) VZW's LTE network is actually expanding rather quickly and there is a great chance that I will be covered within a year, let alone two

p.s. WP7 is looking even more pretty to me now that my Vogue is acting up... grrr...

*just verified this, and the current data plan pricing for 3G and 4G phones is the same - $29.99/month; one would presume (and hope) that the equal pricing would remain when they move to tiered data, but that is unforseeable.

overtheair 06-11-2011 01:23 AM

Still using the Vogue as one of my two main phones. I use about 5-6 GB of data on it per month - web browsing and streaming audio from the net, and for bluetooth and usb tethering to a laptop.

fastzipperus 06-14-2011 10:11 PM

Anyone else having trouble tethering using the htc touch on Sprint. Been using the built in Internet Sharing with the proper reg edits for 2 years now with a windows pc and all of a sudden it stopped working. It will still connect with the computer and show as connected on the phone but it show as "no internet access" on the computer or shows "internet access" but the web page will time out. Anyone else experiencing this or know a fix? I've tried hard resetting the phone and still nothing.

fastzipperus 06-15-2011 01:05 AM

Did the Windows Network diagnostics and the Problems found were "The DNS server isn't responding" how do I fix this?

gadgetfreak 06-18-2011 10:26 PM

It's kind of sad seeing the Vogue slowly fade away like this. It was my introduction to HTC phones and WM and I learned a lot from doing the system mods and taskbars on it...

Does_It_Matter 06-23-2011 04:29 PM

Still use mine as a mini tablet.

E-reader, some games, etc.

Saves the battery on my LG Optimus S.

Also a good test bed for Android software.

If I'm not sure I'll like the software for my main phone, I'll find some type of APK and flash it on the Touch, and if I don't like it, I didn't add garbage to my primary phone.

MrGoodtunes 06-24-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Does_It_Matter (Post 2118912)
...my LG Optimus S...

How's the operation of those 4 hardware buttons at bottom of your Optimus S, smooth with no misses or double takes? They sure feel real nice on the dummy fake phones available at stores. The main thing I'm wondering: Do any of your games or other software make use of the buttons? My interest is having user defined music player functions mapped to those buttons. Thanks for any info, even though I'm probably sticking with my Vogue (actually Vogues).

Does_It_Matter 06-27-2011 12:38 PM

The buttons still work fine on my Vogue.

Most of the games I play are purely touch-screen

Bubble blast series - sudoku - bejeweled clones - etc.

For a media player - I have Winamp installed

fixxxer2012 07-09-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetfreak (Post 2116750)
It's kind of sad seeing the Vogue slowly fade away like this. It was my introduction to HTC phones and WM and I learned a lot from doing the system mods and taskbars on it...

same here but the phone is well outdated now, it's time for people to move on. especially considering winmo is dead. i guess if you wanted to run a cheap android phone the vogue would be ok but to me it's just not worth it. i last had this phone in 2008.

btw i remember your mods back in the day, good times back then man! don't you dev on android at all?

Brick Maker 07-10-2011 08:31 PM

I still love my Touch, even after all these years. It's nice to have a phone I can dink around with. It's been around so long there's a ton of info and hacks and brews. Love it!

Now... if I could just get it to work again... LOL! (SO desperately don't want to have to buy a new phone that I'll be afraid of bricking.)

aikidoka 07-12-2011 11:19 PM

I'm still using mine on a daily basis. I'm thinking of refurbishing with a new case and new battery. The original battery is on its last leg. With a bluetooth stero headset, Opera Mini standalone and other software it meets my needs.

I sometimes consider upgrading to something but heck, I still use XP at home, so I'm in no rush. haha

bibbin 07-22-2011 03:23 AM

The Vogue is a versatile die-hard device and I'm still rockin' it.

wooptiewoous 07-25-2011 10:43 AM

WOOPTIEWOO is still on his vogue as well full time and not moving on yet and still my internet speeds beat the driod.thou we dont have the dragon speed on the UI mine snaps close to any.....lol cant believe it thou VOGUE SIMPLY LEFT BEHIND But still the 1st HTC no to die like Apple IIE

jimt29 07-31-2011 03:06 PM

I'm back using the HTC Touch (Sprint). I sold the HTC Touch Pro 2 last week and I'm not looking back.

I like the size of the HTC Touch. Wish it was a bit more up to date but I just use the phone as a phone. Plus I have 2 of them. One is new in the box. I only took it out to test and make sure it would activate. I upgraded one of them to 6.5 and it appeared to be perfect but it wouldn't activate through Sprint so I had to go back to 6.1 and it activated no problem. I think for the HTC Touch, Windows Mobile 6.1 might be the better solution. What do you folks think?

fixxxer2012 08-14-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wooptiewoous (Post 2131619)
WOOPTIEWOO is still on his vogue as well full time and not moving on yet and still my internet speeds beat the driod.thou we dont have the dragon speed on the UI mine snaps close to any.....lol cant believe it thou VOGUE SIMPLY LEFT BEHIND But still the 1st HTC no to die like Apple IIE

your one of very few then,your missing out man. people need to move on.at least run android on it.

MrGoodtunes 08-15-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 2137585)
...at least run android on it...

Tried that. Very slick, quick, and full of eye candy, but... (1) AnFTP comes nowhere close to Total Commander for file transfers between mobile device and Web server. (2) Docs to Go is way glitchy, can't compare to Excel Mobile. (3) No player I tried on Android gives me the skinning ability and gapless playback (i.e. no dead air between tracks) of Pocket Player for my 32 GB card full of MP3s. Thunderbolt works for fixxxer, not for MrG. Different strokes for different folks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimt29 (Post 2133975)
...I like the size...

Me too! Nice & small, lite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimt29 (Post 2133975)
...Windows Mobile 6.1 might be the better solution...

Agreed! Wm6.5 is a RAM hog, 6.5.x has bungled spacing for top and bottom bars, especially tap and hold pop up menus, and Excel in 6.5 isn't as good. I've gotten my best results using the last build of 6.1, info here:

SYS base 21057 ALL Res. 6.1....wait, WHAT? :D - Page 3 - PPCKitchen

mababer2 08-17-2011 01:19 PM

lol i just pulled mine out the other day...i charged it fired it up and the only thing wrong with it is it needs a new housing face plate thingy...other then that..i kinda miss that phone

denasqu 08-17-2011 05:08 PM

I'm currently debating buying another Vogue off of Ebay. The price has come down a bit from a year ago. ;) This would be about more fourth one. I'm kind of rough on them. Or maybe I'll "upgrade" to a Diamond or an Imagio. The Imagio looks pretty slick but it also looks like a brick. I had hoped by now a Windows 7 phone would be out that has the form factor of the Vogue... but not yet I guess. Seems like that with every phone I look at, I would be giving up something I have now with the Vogue. The only things to be gained seem to be speed and screen resolution. Those would be nice things to have but so many other things are deal breakers for me.

I was excited about the Trophy until I saw the shitty camera and the missing MicroSD.