PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Vista Cube (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12798)

dpjones 01-08-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polen (Post 156922)
Thanks for the compliments and welcome to the forums.

I don't have any plans to modify this current cube, but I am working on a new Vista Cube that uses the idea of Musicman and Zyphlin's iCube with 4x3 APLaunchers(12 icons per side). I like having many applications on the cube, but 6 sides is to many turns to get to your application. I am also removing the Media Hub side, IMO this side is a waste of space. I could probably work some of your request into it, we'll see.

-Polen

I love the idea!!! I too want more apps and think the size of each application is overkill. Will it be possible for this new 12 app cube to use the existing Icons and scale them down, or will all new icons have to be created?

Thanks for all of your hard work. I am using your keyboard, dialer, and of course the 6 sided cube.

Polen 01-08-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpjones (Post 157259)
I love the idea!!! I too want more apps and think the size of each application is overkill. Will it be possible for this new 12 app cube to use the existing Icons and scale them down, or will all new icons have to be created?

Thanks for all of your hard work. I am using your keyboard, dialer, and of course the 6 sided cube.

Sorry but this means all new icons:(, but the look and colors will match the Vista keyboard and Dialer. So when you swipe up the cube and go to the QuickDialer side and select a contact to call, the vista Dialer will then appear and look like it belongs to the cube.

My new cube will also have no gradient back ground, but the icons will. What this means is all you need is 2 icons, the one you see and the one when it's pressed. No need for 6 icons for one application or 12 icons for the media hub](*,)

-Polen

scenestealer 01-08-2008 05:25 PM

I have a few folders for which I have icons, but can't figure out how to link them to the right place. The games folder and programs folder - not sure how to do that. And then I would like to have pictures and videos, but when I link to that, it says "the file pictures & videos cannto be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file." Where should I be linking to?

Polen 01-08-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scenestealer (Post 157331)
I have a few folders for which I have icons, but can't figure out how to link them to the right place. The games folder and programs folder - not sure how to do that. And then I would like to have pictures and videos, but when I link to that, it says "the file pictures & videos cannto be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file." Where should I be linking to?

You can only have executables for apps in the cube not folders. There are 2 programs tha will open folders. htcPrograms.exe and htcSettings.exe in the Windows directory.

-Polen

scenestealer 01-08-2008 06:48 PM

Any ideas on the Pictures & Videos issue?

Still not sure about games, as it would seem that there's a way to get to that folder. I also just got a new icon that someone had provided called Shut Down, which I'm presuming is an automatic shutoff of the device. What programs would I point those to?

Also, Polen, thank you SO much for creating this cube - it's really fabulous!

ajs1122 01-10-2008 03:08 AM

Preconfigured 4 and 6 side cubes

It would be nice to also have the four and six sided cubes posted configured like the original cube was with just the new sides blank. I like the way you had that one set up and it is definitely a pain to redo up all the icons. Just a thought...

-ajs

Flashy037 01-10-2008 02:24 PM

Youtube

Polen, You are an extremely talented person :headbang:, I as others appreciate all your time and efforts on this project. Your work is awesome. I currently am running the 6 sided cube and lovin it. I have your "youtube" icon and want to use it, but how do I get the icon to link to the youtube webpage?

dpjones 01-10-2008 05:18 PM

If you are using the Cube Config Tool, enter the web address for the "Parameters" text box for that App.

Polen 01-10-2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scenestealer (Post 157381)
Any ideas on the Pictures & Videos issue?

Still not sure about games, as it would seem that there's a way to get to that folder. I also just got a new icon that someone had provided called Shut Down, which I'm presuming is an automatic shutoff of the device. What programs would I point those to?

Also, Polen, thank you SO much for creating this cube - it's really fabulous!

I think you will need to download and install an app to do that. I'm not sure which.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajs1122
It would be nice to also have the four and six sided cubes posted configured like the original cube was with just the new sides blank. I like the way you had that one set up and it is definitely a pain to redo up all the icons. Just a thought...

-ajs

It's in the works for my new 4x3 Vista Cube.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flashy037
Polen, You are an extremely talented person :headbang:, I as others appreciate all your time and efforts on this project. Your work is awesome. I currently am running the 6 sided cube and lovin it. I have your "youtube" icon and want to use it, but how do I get the icon to link to the youtube webpage?

YouTube needs to be setup, I personally have not done this yet, but there's a thread on the ppcgeeks forums talking about it.

-Polen

Primenall 01-10-2008 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flashy037 (Post 158646)
I have your "youtube" icon and want to use it, but how do I get the icon to link to the youtube webpage?

Well it's kind of oftopic here but others with that Icon may be wondering the same thing so here's the way it is on my phone (I hardly ever even use it myself though)

Do a search, I use the "full Youtube access" files, do a search for the thread.

I have included the needed files, the flash cab and TCPMP cab install both do a soft reset and there will now be an icon "video sites" in programs that you can link the Youtube Icon to.

This will open a page where you pick youtube or other video sites, for me it works perfectly.