PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2007, 10:40 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The original 4-sided cube did not have swappable icons (i should know, right?), but since then we've figured out the problem, and now all sides have swappable icons. The 4 sided Vista Cube should be exactly what you're looking for...unless you prefer something a little more Mac-ish.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!

Last edited by Musicman247; 12-15-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

ppcolmy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
The original 4-sided cube did not have swappable icons (i should know, right?), but since then we've figured out the problem, and now all sides have swappable icons. The 4 sided Vista Cube should be exactly what you're looking for...unless you prefer something a little more Mac-ish.
Thanks Musicman I missed the late edit on that post. Will give it a try. I will stick with Mr. Gate's look for now.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Canada

Mad Medik is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247
The 4 sided Vista Cube should be exactly what you're looking for...
Confused... I'm sure this is obvious to everyone except me, but I have read the entire Musicman thread and this whole thread and as far as I can tell, there is your (Musicman's) 4 sided cube, and then the 6 sided Vista Cube by Polen. Polen suggests that a future version of The Configuration Tool may allow the user to activate 3,4,5 or 6 sides, presumably of Polen's Vista Cube.

Okay, so can you point me to the 4 sided Vista Cube? Is that your 4 sider?

TIA for your great work and patience in dealing with us plebes...

MM

Last edited by Mad Medik; 12-16-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

bgilby is a n00b
I have installed the 6-sided cube and using the configuration tool to organize as I see fit. I do have issue with the three app side of the cube though, the middle and bottom button images are skewed. The buttons/links work but the images that are the buttons and way off center and slanted to the left. Has anyone seen this? Would a re-install fix? Have I done something to cause this?
Old 12-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch
Threadstarter

Polen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgilby View Post
I have installed the 6-sided cube and using the configuration tool to organize as I see fit. I do have issue with the three app side of the cube though, the middle and bottom button images are skewed. The buttons/links work but the images that are the buttons and way off center and slanted to the left. Has anyone seen this? Would a re-install fix? Have I done something to cause this?
Yes, I have seen this. This is what happens if you use an icon made for the 6-App side. The 3-App side icons are longer. So you need to use a icon specifically made for the 3-App side. Download my icon pack and install them. Read the post with my icons to see how and where the icons are named.

-Polen
Vista Dialer for Sprint Touch
Vista Keyboard for Sprint Touch
Donations Welcome so my wife doesn't think I'm wasting my time.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Polen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Medik View Post
Confused... I'm sure this is obvious to everyone except me, but I have read the entire Musicman thread and this whole thread and as far as I can tell, there is your (Musicman's) 4 sided cube, and then the 6 sided Vista Cube by Polen. Polen suggests that a future version of The Configuration Tool may allow the user to activate 3,4,5 or 6 sides, presumably of Polen's Vista Cube.

Okay, so can you point me to the 4 sided Vista Cube? Is that your 4 sider?

TIA for your great work and patience in dealing with us plebes...

MM
Mad Medik,

Sorry about the confussion, but yes I had a 4-Sided cube at one time and I debated about removing it from this post when I uploaded the 6-Sided Cube. Let me put together a cab for ya with the 6-Sided Cube configured with 4-Sided, this way when thisguyinoc comes out with a Cube Configuration tool to select the number of sides you want, you will be good to go.

-Polen
Old 12-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmobilelawyer View Post
Soooo wierd thing... All the text labels are gone on both my AppLauncher and MediaHub sides. They just disappeared! I just soft rest, and also tried reinstalling VistaCube. Any ideas? The cube config tool shows the labels as saved but they dont show in the cube!!
Are you still having this problem. The only time I've seen this is when the Name value is left blank.

-Polen
Old 12-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

bgilby is a n00b
Thanks Polen, I was just using the wrong icons. I had not previously read your instructions thoroughly enough and did not pay attention to the different naming convention for 3-sided vs. 6-sided.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

RDHose is a n00b
Ok I have been trying to search and I cannot find this anywhere. Is ther ea "blank" cube, that when it rotates has no icons? That way when you rotate the cube it does not switch from the custom icons back to their org when the cube is flipping between the 3 screens. I saw it someplace but I cannot find it again.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6600, 6700, Vogue, Diamond, Touch Pro, Hero, Evo

michd is becoming a great contributor
Blank Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDHose View Post
Ok I have been trying to search and I cannot find this anywhere. Is ther ea "blank" cube, that when it rotates has no icons? That way when you rotate the cube it does not switch from the custom icons back to their org when the cube is flipping between the 3 screens. I saw it someplace but I cannot find it again.
Post 128 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=11035&page=13
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue