PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti
Touch Memory Problems?

Hey guys, I have a Mogul and I finally got a perfect rom... well the best rom yet with WM6.5. I love the phone but I hate the memory issues. I am playing with my brothers TyTN and I am freaking out on how fast it is and how everything works 100%.

How is the Touch? I see that it has double the ram memory. Is that going to make up the difference of my problems? Or is it having the same ROM memory going to give me the same problems?

With this WM6.5 rom I have, if I soft reset, I can get it to 22mb free of Program Memory with Oxios.

~Joshua A. Gray
Old 05-22-2009, 01:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Re: Touch Memory Problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nFiniti View Post
Hey guys, I have a Mogul and I finally got a perfect rom... well the best rom yet with WM6.5. I love the phone but I hate the memory issues. I am playing with my brothers TyTN and I am freaking out on how fast it is and how everything works 100%.

How is the Touch? I see that it has double the ram memory. Is that going to make up the difference of my problems? Or is it having the same ROM memory going to give me the same problems?

With this WM6.5 rom I have, if I soft reset, I can get it to 22mb free of Program Memory with Oxios.
I had a mogul for about a week and took it back and got the vogue(htc touch). it's faster and better than the mogul. only thing I wish it had was a keyboard. but honestly, I would wait and get something else,
they don't even make the vogue anymore,
or replace insurance claims with vogues anymore.
It's pretty much obsolete once the new phones (touch pro2 and diamond2) come out in the next couple of months.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet
Threadstarter

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti
Re: Touch Memory Problems?

Yeah, I'm gonna buy used.... I don't wanna spend soo much money on a phone. I can pickup a Vogue for 230, a Touch Diamond for 260, and tons of brand new Touch Pro's for 300. I kinda like the Diamond with its 4gb internal memory. I could do away with my 2gb sd card. But I was just wondering, cause I had a choice before I bought my Mogul used a couple months ago. I'm an old Apache user and hadnt had a HTC phone since the Mogul came out. I didn't know of the microscopic hard to find memory on the Mogul.

I could honestly do without the keyboard if I pressed Oxios memoryand came up with 25mb... 30mb. My brother's TyTN with a fat WM6.5 Build has 50mb free right now without using Oxios or any memory enhancer. Soft Reset startup is like 2 seconds!!!! Its insane!

Well thanks, I just wanted to know before my purchase. I'm aiming for the newer Touch's... like this Diamond I can get for 260. But if I can't get much out of my Mogul, I'll grab the Vogue.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue