PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Map your Touch hardware buttons (up to 4 functions per button) - AE Button Plus (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11284)

mojomahem 11-08-2007 12:13 AM

Map your Touch hardware buttons (up to 4 functions per button) - AE Button Plus

www.ae.inc.ru

I use the slider to scroll one line if taping, or pages bye holding down. I also use the dpad for messaging, start menu, ok/close.

The possibilities are endless I have allready mapped out 10 hardware keys on my toucn

codyppc 11-08-2007 08:57 AM

wow. very nice. so your saying aebutton plus works on the touch?

mojomahem 11-08-2007 10:02 AM

working for me!

diomark 11-08-2007 08:57 PM

aebutton plus can make this device better

I was really frustrated about not having an 'ok' button easily accessible while using the touch one-handed.. ae button plus to the rescue..

I have the left dirctional key mapped to (single press) left, (long press) start menu..

...The right directional key mapped to (single press) right, (long press) ok

Works perfectly:) There's a very slight lag when pressing left/right (for instance, while in the program menu), but really, how often do you use right/left? I almost always use up/down but don't use right/left that often...

-mark

Pibe38 11-11-2007 07:44 PM

I'm gonna try this today, I did not have good results on my Mogul with this app.

Anyone else have success stories?

biggggant 11-11-2007 08:35 PM

yeah I love aebplus i use the green phone button double tap to open the camera, left direction single to move left, double the left dpad to open start menu, long press left dpad for left direction (i find that helps me minimize my experience with lag on th ebutton press plus if it doesnt get mapped the long press wont work right), right dpad single to move right and double right dpad to open pie, and than i use the settings in the phone to to map the side button for ok and long press for inbox. So its like i have all my buttons from my mogul :)

babylotus 11-11-2007 10:20 PM

Change volume control to scroll

I'm not sure if this is possible....
Is there a way to change the volume control switch to scroll like the wheel on the mogul..

Thanks in advance

gonzo1082 11-11-2007 10:36 PM

you need something called aebplus. it maps the keys on your phone to whatever you want.

badboy8813 11-11-2007 10:59 PM

yes by far this is a must have for the touch it works wonders! i have my green double pushed to IE. red is doubled to Inbox. right d pad is longd to OK. left is longd to start menu

freeza 11-11-2007 11:20 PM

another vote for ae button plus here, i use it on the Mogul and couldn't imagine ever uninstalling it.

pharmdtlc 11-11-2007 11:44 PM

hey mojo

Hey mojo I got the program but dont know how to map the volume slider to page down..I mapped the tap down to the down arrow..can you help me please?

babylotus 11-12-2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonzo1082 (Post 119672)
you need something called aebplus. it maps the keys on your phone to whatever you want.

Work like a charm....
Thanks

fiya 11-12-2007 02:07 AM

worked like a charm on my mogul, definitely a must have for any device...

winmobilelawyer 11-23-2007 05:52 AM

Not enough buttons, map more?

I like that out of the box you can map a long press to the end key...

Is there a way to map a long press to the send key and also a way to get more than the 4 options they give you for the end key?

I do miss the plethora of buttons on the mogul!

Pibe38 11-23-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winmobilelawyer (Post 128205)
I like that out of the box you can map a long press to the end key...

Is there a way to map a long press to the send key and also a way to get more than the 4 options they give you for the end key?

I do miss the plethora of buttons on the mogul!

Search n00b!!! J/K :lol:

I merged your thread with this one. AE Button Plus works wonders with the Touch. It really is a must-have app with this device. Even more now that you can map the green and red phone buttons.

rmhale 11-23-2007 03:54 PM

mojomahem... this is a TERRIFIC find... an absolute MUST for hardware such as the Touch that doesn't give us to many buttons to map... Thanks...

agentmikeyd 11-26-2007 12:52 PM

which version of ae button plus? i found v1.1 only, but it is dated 2005...thanks

Pibe38 11-26-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentmikeyd (Post 129702)
which version of ae button plus? i found v1.1 only, but it is dated 2005...thanks

Did you follow the link on the first post?

It leads to the developer's site and to version 2.6

slypher 11-26-2007 09:23 PM

OMG thank you all!!! This along with having a variety of keyboards makes the touch a very usable device (while still looking very sexy)!!

This app is the best!

-s

mojomahem 11-26-2007 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharmdtlc (Post 119706)
Hey mojo I got the program but dont know how to map the volume slider to page down..I mapped the tap down to the down arrow..can you help me please?

Change volumn down key to long press to pagedn

k000 11-27-2007 04:08 PM

Is there a how to ? All the keys show up as 'Do not change' ....

kellybrf 11-27-2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k000 (Post 130558)
Is there a how to ? All the keys show up as 'Do not change' ....

haha, me too. i feel dumb, but what do i do?

psywzrd 11-27-2007 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellybrf (Post 130572)
haha, me too. i feel dumb, but what do i do?

Just tap on where it says "Do not touch button" and it will bring up the menu that allows you to map the buttons. I agree that it's not the most intuitive program but it's very effective.

kellybrf 11-27-2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psywzrd (Post 130574)
Just tap on where it says "Do not touch button" and it will bring up the menu that allows you to map the buttons. I agree that it's not the most intuitive program but it's very effective.

thanks. i had gotten there, figured it was the handle by aebutton plus but wasnt sure. what does unbind mean?

also, i want to map the long press for the green button to ms voice command, but it does not come up in my list of applications. how do i fix that? im actually looking to do this for a few programs (such as opera mini) as well

k000 11-27-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psywzrd (Post 130574)

So I don't really need to create a 'New Button' (virtual button) etc etc... ?

evertec 11-27-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellybrf (Post 130578)
thanks. i had gotten there, figured it was the handle by aebutton plus but wasnt sure. what does unbind mean?

also, i want to map the long press for the green button to ms voice command, but it does not come up in my list of applications. how do i fix that? im actually looking to do this for a few programs (such as opera mini) as well

To map to voice command or another program not listed in Aebuttonplus just map to a virtual button in aebuttonplus, then go to settings/buttons in windows and it will list it there as a regular button.

kellybrf 11-27-2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evertec (Post 130645)
To map to voice command or another program not listed in Aebuttonplus just map to a virtual button in aebuttonplus, then go to settings/buttons in windows and it will list it there as a regular button.

thanks, is there any way to assign it to a java app?

psywzrd 11-27-2007 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellybrf (Post 130578)

If it's not given to you as a choice in the default list of applications that pops up, you have to navigate to it to map it (just browse to it). I remember Voice Command being difficult to find when I tried to map it on my Mogul but it's definitely there somewhere.

psywzrd 11-27-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evertec (Post 130645)

I've never understood the whole "virtual button" thing and how it works. Since you seem to use it, can you please explain exactly what it is and what it does?

kellybrf 11-27-2007 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psywzrd (Post 130673)
I've never understood the whole "virtual button" thing and how it works. Since you seem to use it, can you please explain exactly what it is and what it does?

you assign the virtual button via aeb+, for instance lets say a double click of the multifunction button. then you go into settings/buttons and it will show up there, like it was a real button on the device. from there you can assign it to a function, and that list is more comprehensive than the list found in aeb+ sometimes (for example, voice command shows up)

psywzrd 11-27-2007 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellybrf (Post 130741)
you assign the virtual button via aeb+, for instance lets say a double click of the multifunction button. then you go into settings/buttons and it will show up there, like it was a real button on the device. from there you can assign it to a function, and that list is more comprehensive than the list found in aeb+ sometimes (for example, voice command shows up)

I'm still not sure I follow. Are you saying that you create a virtual button in AE so that you can assign a function to it using the standard WM6 buttons app? If so, that doesn't make sense. I don't know what the "multifunction" button is on the Touch but why would you need to create a virtual button for it when you can already assign 4 functions for each button? And you can assign Voice Command via AE - you just need to navigate to it via the "Run Application" option in AE.

evertec 11-28-2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellybrf (Post 130658)
thanks, is there any way to assign it to a java app?

Yes, if you create a shortcut to your java app it will show up in the settings/buttons list of programs to assign to that virtual button

evertec 11-28-2007 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psywzrd (Post 130775)
I'm still not sure I follow. Are you saying that you create a virtual button in AE so that you can assign a function to it using the standard WM6 buttons app? If so, that doesn't make sense. I don't know what the "multifunction" button is on the Touch but why would you need to create a virtual button for it when you can already assign 4 functions for each button? And you can assign Voice Command via AE - you just need to navigate to it via the "Run Application" option in AE.

Yes, you create the virtual button in AE so you can assign a function to it using the standard WM6 buttons app. This allows you to more easily assign a program to that button... instead of browsing to the executable you just select it out of the list in the standard wm6 button app. Also, this allowed me to assign rotate screen to a double click of the camera button. AE has a rotate screen setting but it rotates 90 degrees each press instead of rotating from portrait to landscape or vice versa for each button press. Bottom line, if you can do it in AE, don't worry about making a virtual button, but if you run into something that AE can't assign, make a virtual button and let wm6 assign it.

wickedklown 11-28-2007 01:00 PM

Landscape?

Is there anyway to link a button to the landscape icon located on the today screen? I want to tie in my camera button to landscape mode but when i use the default "rotate screen clockwise" i have to keep rotating the screen 90 degrees till i get it back to regular mode. The onscreen landscape key rotates back and forth.

evertec 11-28-2007 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedklown (Post 131125)
Is there anyway to link a button to the landscape icon located on the today screen? I want to tie in my camera button to landscape mode but when i use the default "rotate screen clockwise" i have to keep rotating the screen 90 degrees till i get it back to regular mode. The onscreen landscape key rotates back and forth.

Read my post right before yours...

wickedklown 11-28-2007 01:05 PM

lol NM i just read the post above mine, to the Virtual button hunting we go!

lol you beat me every time.. Thx a ton for the info!

kellybrf 11-28-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evertec (Post 131031)
Yes, if you create a shortcut to your java app it will show up in the settings/buttons list of programs to assign to that virtual button

i guess i dont know how to create a link to a java app, only the java program. help would be appreciated!

evertec 11-28-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellybrf (Post 131132)
i guess i dont know how to create a link to a java app, only the java program. help would be appreciated!

This post gives instructions: http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...t-manager.html

kellybrf 11-28-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evertec (Post 131138)

great link, except that it didnt work. opera mini is the only java midlet i have installed, so in notepad i pasted the text
Quote:

28#"\windows\jbed.exe" -run s0_
and saved the file as operamini.lnk, then copied it to my start menu. it shows up there, with the java e as its icon, but when i click on it nothing happens for a second or so, then the screen goes white and goes back to the programs list?

evertec 11-28-2007 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellybrf (Post 131160)
great link, except that it didnt work. opera mini is the only java midlet i have installed, so in notepad i pasted the text
and saved the file as operamini.lnk, then copied it to my start menu. it shows up there, with the java e as its icon, but when i click on it nothing happens for a second or so, then the screen goes white and goes back to the programs list?

So you have the esmertec jbed java loaded? You may try experimenting with the numbers after s... even though opera is the only program I have loaded other than sprint music store, for some reason my shortcut link ended up being "\windows\jbed.exe" -run s4_