PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Katahdin is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Microsoft Voice Command Error

I am using VC 1.6 and it was working fine until today. Now when I go to activate VC I get an error that says Voice Command encountered a problem. Restart Voice Command and try again. I have tried restarting the device, but that doesn't help.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor
ha, i just installed this on mine and am having issues, though they are completely separate. did you try to uninstall it and start again?

when using a bluetooth i cannot answer questions. for example, if i say call john smith and it asks me which number ill say mobile, but its just silent for a few seconds and then times out. if i say call john smith mobile its fine (after turning off confirmation) but anytime it asks me to confirm anything it doesnt work. without bt it works just fine
Old 11-17-2007, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katahdin View Post
I am using VC 1.6 and it was working fine until today. Now when I go to activate VC I get an error that says Voice Command encountered a problem. Restart Voice Command and try again. I have tried restarting the device, but that doesn't help.
Have you downloaded the patch for VC yet?
In the forums there is a patch that fixed this issue for me, until I installed it was just an eternal loop of restart
Old 11-17-2007, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Katahdin is just getting started
Yes, I tried reinstalling and I also tried the patch. Same problem.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

JerryK73 is a n00b
been having the same problem myself and after doing my 2nd hard reset due to messaging mysteriously not working I have yet to re-install it due to that error. hopefully the error on VC and messaging app not working are just a coincidence. Anyone else experience messaging not working who are also running VC?
HTC Diamond Buggy
HTC Touch Pro So Far So Good
Old 11-21-2007, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: SprintTel

hi-tech is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryK73 View Post
been having the same problem myself and after doing my 2nd hard reset due to messaging mysteriously not working I have yet to re-install it due to that error. hopefully the error on VC and messaging app not working are just a coincidence. Anyone else experience messaging not working who are also running VC?

same issue here. 2nd hard reset. Issue still here. Even tried reverting to an earlier backup (sprite backup) issue was still there, even though when that backup was created it was working fine( messaging and VC).

I will now have to perform another hard reset to get my messaging working again.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hi-tech is a n00b
I did notice however, when you get this error, and you uncheck "Messaging" in VC settings, the VC error goes away and the app works as normal again, but messaging still doesnt work, thus the hard reset.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

hi-tech is a n00b
Update: determined not to have to do another hard reset, I kept poking around trying to find a way to get messaging back. I removed the memory card and booted up, low and behold messaging now works. I then changed the "store attachments" back to main memory (it was set to storage card), and re-inserted card and soft-reset. Messaging/Outlook now works.

Looks like I was having a memory card issue after all. Memory card works fine otherwise, I actually believe this has to do with the method email attachments are stored on the card, as I don't have any of those isssues other members are having with their memory card. My card is used a lot also, as the majority of my 3rd party apps are installed on the card.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue