PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Vogue Sprint 6.1 and 6.5 drama... GPS not working... Factory ROM wont LOAD, etc. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108103)

kevtbear57 01-27-2010 10:13 PM

Re: Vogue Sprint 6.1 and 6.5 drama... GPS not working... Factory ROM wont LOAD, etc.

OK what I have now running on this phone is the...
Bigstorage_SprintTouchRom

and the big storage rom is running great except for the gps issues... and works half ass on the... bluetooth ... ear bud....

and when I try to load the following ONE, either.... it wont load .... stopping at...29% or..... it will load and then gets stuck at the White background....with an HTC logo

RUU_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_1.12.651.1_2.13.00_SPC_NV133_ Ship

Now, I am wondering if there is such a thing as a GPS cab.... and again.... dont think I am talking about the actual gps....but rather ... cell tower locating ....gps....google maps etc...

Obviously, my Knowledge is LIMITED.... on all of this....so
AGAIN, YOU ALL, are VERY APPRECIATED...even if I forget to hit the THANKS button...OK

thanx
Kevie

whitey10tc 01-28-2010 01:47 AM

Re: Vogue Sprint 6.1 and 6.5 drama... GPS not working... Factory ROM wont LOAD, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevtbear57 (Post 1521769)
OK what I have now running on this phone is the...

and the big storage rom is running great except for the gps issues... and works half ass on the... bluetooth ... ear bud....

and when I try to load the following ONE, either.... it wont load .... stopping at...29% or..... it will load and then gets stuck at the White background....with an HTC logo

RUU_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_1.12.651.1_2.13.00_SPC_NV133_ Ship

Now, I am wondering if there is such a thing as a GPS cab.... and again.... dont think I am talking about the actual gps....but rather ... cell tower locating ....gps....google maps etc...

Obviously, my Knowledge is LIMITED.... on all of this....so
AGAIN, YOU ALL, are VERY APPRECIATED...even if I forget to hit the THANKS button...OK

thanx
Kevie

What you are wanting is AGPS which requres the actual GPS to function.
Now lets see if you'll give a couple more tidbits of info
find you device info and post the radio version, then goto the bootloader screen and post the SPL #.

kevtbear57 01-28-2010 11:18 AM

dcd_vogue_1.0.4_sprint
( that is the current ROM I am running )

Devise info is showing .... 'blank' in the radio spot

SPL-0.41.Coke

VOGU100
SP:-0.41.Coke
CPLD-3

When I run the

It also shows NO RADIO

Thanks in Advance

Kevin
(early in my morning here, so likely not get back to this until my afternoon)

tmz 01-28-2010 11:27 AM

I sent you a pm ...

kevtbear57 01-28-2010 12:35 PM

Factory ROM seems to be working and the Windows LIVE... gps seems to be working.... sorry for being rude....but of to Work/School.... back online later in my day....here

Tony, AKA; TMZ... saves the day Again....Thanks

Kevin

Evian 03-18-2010 08:28 PM

hi kev, i have a sprint touch too, and i changed the rom to 6.0 to 6.1 and it is crazy, i´m from dominican republic, it was activated with claro and when i update the rom it´s changing from claro to viva, and from viva to claro. what's the problem of my phone?

whitey10tc 03-19-2010 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evian (Post 1639845)
hi kev, i have a sprint touch too, and i changed the rom to 6.0 to 6.1 and it is crazy, i´m from dominican republic, it was activated with claro and when i update the rom it´s changing from claro to viva, and from viva to claro. what's the problem of my phone?

Are you saying the ROM changes or the service.
If it's the ROM,it's a little odd. What did you do?
If it's the service? Then it's a PRL issue or a carrier issue.

Evian 03-21-2010 03:11 PM

hi whitey, it's me again, i updated the rom again, now i have wm 6.5, and it has the same problem :S..

What can i do?

whitey10tc 03-24-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evian (Post 1647593)
hi whitey, it's me again, i updated the rom again, now i have wm 6.5, and it has the same problem :S..

What can i do?

Check your PRL version, make sure that it is correct for your area. Also try another PRL for your carrier.
If it's changing service providers then it is the PRL. or the phone is reverting back to the original carrier settings.

htc addict 01-25-2011 12:21 AM

theres a fix for both issues sucks am late but just lock the fone with the unlocker .40 and flash stock rom. and for gps just lock it flash stock rom the unlock it with stock gps rom just dont let customizations run n then flash gps rom of choice...