PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Vogue Sprint 6.1 and 6.5 drama... GPS not working... Factory ROM wont LOAD, etc. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108103)

kevtbear57 01-26-2010 05:06 PM

Vogue Sprint 6.1 and 6.5 drama... GPS not working... Factory ROM wont LOAD, etc.

OK I have a sprint vogue about 1 yrs OLD, previously... crashed the phone... people from here helped me get it back again... was said at that time perhaps it is the battery... because it wont load... have a new battery and the same situation persists.... various 6.5 roms... past 29%.... but it also wont load.... 'factory .... ship.exe ' roms also, past 29% either... at one time recently had the jboyd 6.1 rom loaded....at this time I have the BIGSTORAGE ROM... loaded the phone is working ... but none of the FREE gps's are working.... google maps... etc... also the Bluetooth function is not working ( it does show the bluetooth device ?)....sprint tv... perhaps a few more....

I am not stressed like I usually am... writing these posts.... I can live with the phone just like it is....

But if any1 has any IDEA's.... I welcome them...I think I would like 6.5...on the phone.... but really would be happy to get it back to factory.... and tough it out.... until.... some imaginary upgrade to another phone.... in the way distant future....LMAO

Thanks in ADVANCE...

Kevin

tmz 01-26-2010 05:49 PM

Re: Vogue Sprint 6.1 and 6.5 drama... GPS not working... Factory ROM wont LOAD, etc.

Now that you got the new battery and it has a full charge did you try to flash back to factory rom ?

P.S. Try this rom...

NFSFAN's 1.12 Spint ROM

horndoctor 01-26-2010 08:22 PM

Re: Vogue Sprint 6.1 and 6.5 drama... GPS not working... Factory ROM wont LOAD, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmz (Post 1518418)
Now that you got the new battery and it has a full charge did you try to flash back to factory rom ?

P.S. Try this rom...

NFSFAN's 1.12 Spint ROM

I second that. There should be no reason that you can't flash the stock rom. This is the one you want:

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Wh...ogue%20ROM.exe

Your problem could be due to a problem while unlocking .
If it was my phone, I would run the 2.31 unlocker again until complete. Then flash the rom of your choice. :)

kevtbear57 01-26-2010 08:49 PM

Hey thanx DOC... I will try the one U posted... when I flashed ... TMZ's rom just now...What the phone did is:::: it behaves like the rom is going to load... but it stops at the WHITE BKGRND with HTC logo and "No Radio" in RED bottom right crnr of screen... so I will down load and try your ROM now DOC...???

Thanx
Kevin

kevtbear57 01-26-2010 09:13 PM

OK the vogue ROM... just froze at 29% again... attached is a print screen of my windows explorer....

it shows what I have loaded on this machine except... BigStorage ROM
RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.4_2_Radio_3.42. 30_AM_NV_2.04_Ship
file:///C:/Users/Kevie/Downloads%202...ogue%20ROM.exe

file:///C:/Users/Kevie/Downloads%202..._htc_touch.exe

file:///C:/Users/Kevie/Downloads%202...NV133_Ship.exe

Jboyd_6.1_Stable_ROM
Vogue_unlocker

the one that seems to work is
Bigstorage_SprintTouchRom

and it seems to me that I did have ONE 6.5 rom that seemed to work and that was
23506_v4

kevtbear57 01-26-2010 09:35 PM

Just tried this ROM again.

RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.4_2_Radio_3.42. 30_AM_NV_2.04_Ship

and it is stuck @ 29% with the New Battery at 100%... so ?

Hmmm?

Kevin

tmz 01-26-2010 10:02 PM

Flash the rom I posted from bootloader(Press & hold power+camera+reset & you should go into the bootload mode).
Let us know if it works...
Thanks T M Z

horndoctor 01-26-2010 10:11 PM

Hmm...When you said earlier that when you tried to flash the rom that tmz posted and it said no radio that makes me think that at one point somewhere along the line either the wrong unlocker was used or an older radio was used/flashed to your device.
What does it say at the bottom of the screen when you put the device in bootloader? If you soft reset, what does it say at the bottom of the screen? It should say 3.42.30 next to the R .

kevtbear57 01-26-2010 10:38 PM

OK I loaded that rom... and now screen stuck on.... Black Background... HTC smart mobility ... screen with a No Radio at the bottom right

kevtbear57 01-26-2010 10:40 PM

When U soft reset... it goes to that screen I mentioned in the post above to TMZ's question....

kevtbear57 01-26-2010 11:57 PM

The data on the multi colored screen is this: upper right hand corner RUUBH

VOGU100
SPL-0.41.Coke
CPLD-3

whitey10tc 01-27-2010 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevtbear57 (Post 1519372)
The data on the multi colored screen is this: upper right hand corner RUUBH

VOGU100
SPL-0.41.Coke
CPLD-3

It looks like you have the NON GPS unlocker so you need to flash the NON GPS shipped ROM.
Give me a few minutes and I'll find you some of the posts with links I provided the last guy that did this.

whitey10tc 01-27-2010 12:37 AM

Here take a look here and try flashing one of them.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=25
I believe it's the second one that you will want to use.

horndoctor 01-27-2010 01:16 AM

After he does that he should run 2.31 unlocker right? Then flash the newest shipped sprint rom?

whitey10tc 01-27-2010 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1519575)
After he does that he should run 2.31 unlocker right? Then flash the newest shipped sprint rom?

Well I would say after he loads the non GPS ROM he should then flash the upgrade ROM to get the GPS radio then unlock with the GPS unlocker. But you can do it both ways. They will get the same results either a brick or an unlocked phone.

horndoctor 01-27-2010 01:53 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Vogue: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

lol Well I just asked cause I didn't think you could flash a gps capable rom to the 41 spl. My thinking was that he has to get the 2.31spl on there before flashing the upgrade rom. I dunno. Whatever works I guess! :dontknow:

whitey10tc 01-27-2010 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1519661)
Wirelessly posted (htc Vogue: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

lol Well I just asked cause I didn't think you could flash a gps capable rom to the 41 spl. My thinking was that he has to get the 2.31spl on there before flashing the upgrade rom. I dunno. Whatever works I guess! :dontknow:

:laughing3::laughing3::laughing3: I dunno either it's getting to late and I actually worked today for a change. But I'm pretty sure that Sprint didn't intend on the phone being unlocked to run the update to get the GPS. I hope that makes since. If not oh well!

horndoctor 01-27-2010 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitey10tc
Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1519661)

:laughing3::laughing3::laughing3: I dunno either it's getting to late and I actually worked today for a change. But I'm pretty sure that Sprint didn't intend on the phone being unlocked to run the update to get the GPS. I hope that makes since. If not oh well!

lol What I'm saying is, when/if he flashes that stock rom you linked to it won't overwrite the 41 spl and it won't be locked. He will still have the 41spl right? I thought you can't flash a rom, even a stock gps rom, to the 41spl. Maybe I'm crazy. Which some would probably agree! lmao!:)

whitey10tc 01-27-2010 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1519752)

lol What I'm saying is, when/if he flashes that stock rom you linked to it won't overwrite the 41 spl and it won't be locked. He will still have the 41spl right? I thought you can't flash a rom, even a stock gps rom, to the 41spl. Maybe I'm crazy. Which some would probably agree! lmao!:)

You know good point if it wasn't so late I would grab the wifes touch and give a try. Maybe tomorrow if he doesn't beat me to it.

kevtbear57 01-27-2010 08:45 PM

I am so damn confused... but I will try some or all of those things above soon..... SERIOUSLY... I really do appreciate all the help I can get.... AND

What I am really talking about is the "so called" .... 'FREE GPS' ie; Google Maps, Google Nav., or 'Windows Live aka; BING'...

At one point recently I thought the "SPRINT GPS" was Free w/o a subscription....but it seems... that is not the case anymore....

THANKssssssssssssss
Kevie

kevtbear57 01-27-2010 10:13 PM

OK what I have now running on this phone is the...

and the big storage rom is running great except for the gps issues... and works half ass on the... bluetooth ... ear bud....

and when I try to load the following ONE, either.... it wont load .... stopping at...29% or..... it will load and then gets stuck at the White background....with an HTC logo

RUU_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_1.12.651.1_2.13.00_SPC_NV133_ Ship

Now, I am wondering if there is such a thing as a GPS cab.... and again.... dont think I am talking about the actual gps....but rather ... cell tower locating ....gps....google maps etc...

Obviously, my Knowledge is LIMITED.... on all of this....so
AGAIN, YOU ALL, are VERY APPRECIATED...even if I forget to hit the THANKS button...OK

thanx
Kevie

whitey10tc 01-28-2010 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevtbear57 (Post 1521769)
OK what I have now running on this phone is the...

and the big storage rom is running great except for the gps issues... and works half ass on the... bluetooth ... ear bud....

and when I try to load the following ONE, either.... it wont load .... stopping at...29% or..... it will load and then gets stuck at the White background....with an HTC logo

RUU_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_1.12.651.1_2.13.00_SPC_NV133_ Ship

Now, I am wondering if there is such a thing as a GPS cab.... and again.... dont think I am talking about the actual gps....but rather ... cell tower locating ....gps....google maps etc...

Obviously, my Knowledge is LIMITED.... on all of this....so
AGAIN, YOU ALL, are VERY APPRECIATED...even if I forget to hit the THANKS button...OK

thanx
Kevie

What you are wanting is AGPS which requres the actual GPS to function.
Now lets see if you'll give a couple more tidbits of info
find you device info and post the radio version, then goto the bootloader screen and post the SPL #.

kevtbear57 01-28-2010 11:18 AM

dcd_vogue_1.0.4_sprint
( that is the current ROM I am running )

Devise info is showing .... 'blank' in the radio spot

SPL-0.41.Coke

VOGU100
SP:-0.41.Coke
CPLD-3

When I run the

It also shows NO RADIO

Thanks in Advance

Kevin
(early in my morning here, so likely not get back to this until my afternoon)

tmz 01-28-2010 11:27 AM

I sent you a pm ...

kevtbear57 01-28-2010 12:35 PM

Factory ROM seems to be working and the Windows LIVE... gps seems to be working.... sorry for being rude....but of to Work/School.... back online later in my day....here

Tony, AKA; TMZ... saves the day Again....Thanks

Kevin

Evian 03-18-2010 08:28 PM

hi kev, i have a sprint touch too, and i changed the rom to 6.0 to 6.1 and it is crazy, i´m from dominican republic, it was activated with claro and when i update the rom it´s changing from claro to viva, and from viva to claro. what's the problem of my phone?

whitey10tc 03-19-2010 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evian (Post 1639845)
hi kev, i have a sprint touch too, and i changed the rom to 6.0 to 6.1 and it is crazy, i´m from dominican republic, it was activated with claro and when i update the rom it´s changing from claro to viva, and from viva to claro. what's the problem of my phone?

Are you saying the ROM changes or the service.
If it's the ROM,it's a little odd. What did you do?
If it's the service? Then it's a PRL issue or a carrier issue.

Evian 03-21-2010 03:11 PM

hi whitey, it's me again, i updated the rom again, now i have wm 6.5, and it has the same problem :S..

What can i do?

whitey10tc 03-24-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evian (Post 1647593)
hi whitey, it's me again, i updated the rom again, now i have wm 6.5, and it has the same problem :S..

What can i do?

Check your PRL version, make sure that it is correct for your area. Also try another PRL for your carrier.
If it's changing service providers then it is the PRL. or the phone is reverting back to the original carrier settings.

htc addict 01-25-2011 12:21 AM

theres a fix for both issues sucks am late but just lock the fone with the unlocker .40 and flash stock rom. and for gps just lock it flash stock rom the unlock it with stock gps rom just dont let customizations run n then flash gps rom of choice...