PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 01:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc vogue
Carrier: sprint

kevtbear57 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question TRIVIAL Question: Why? does SPRINT insist that my VOGUE is an HTC TOUCH

It just seems strange that the sprint reps... dont seem to know what this phone is?

The data on my phone is this:

Window Mobile 6.5 Pro
CE OS 5.2.23506 (Build 23506.5.5.0)
{ this is a ROM that I installed }

And behind the battery the phone says:

MP6900SP
5V DC 1A
FCC ID: NM8VOGU100
IC:4115A-VOGU100

I love my obsolete phone... oh say most of the time...

Thanx

Kevie
Old 02-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: TRIVIAL Question: Why? does SPRINT insist that my VOGUE is an HTC TOUCH

The model that Sprint sales is refered to as the HTC Touch, Verizons are XV6900, Alltel is the Touch. Each carrier has a different code name for them.
Vogue is the family name.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch CDMA + GPS
Carrier: Bell

Torob is just getting started

Yup the phone is mainly called the touch by carriers, for example Bell calls it HTC Touch
Vogue family name like whitey said and the model numbers different across carriers

So in other words you have a HTC Touch
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:04 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevtbear57 View Post
It just seems strange that the sprint reps... dont seem to know what this phone is?
Average life of a sales rep is about two years, reps change as often as the phones themselves. i see sales reps change all around me and most of them wont know the 50 odd different models we have had just in the last five years.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: SPRINT

jimt29 is keeping up the good workjimt29 is keeping up the good work

Odd..... Why would you call the Sprint HTC Touch a Vogue? I've had the phone since it was introduced and Sprint documents and has always called it the HTC Touch.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt29 View Post
Odd..... Why would you call the Sprint HTC Touch a Vogue? I've had the phone since it was introduced and Sprint documents and has always called it the HTC Touch.
Why would you post about your Touch in the Vogue forum? HTCs family name is the Vogue, it has children there names are:
Sprint Touch
Alltel Touch
Verizon XV6900
MP6900P
MP6900m
And the list goes on and on. The name is carrier dependent alot like the Titan: AKA Mogul "Sprint" or the XV6800 Verizon, MP6800 others.
and I could go on and on. But it's like this Sprint liked to name their devices and lock them down with an SPC to seperate them from the rest. All and all they are the same born in the same factory and named different and even look different side by side. Different colors, screens and even memory but they are the same. A Vogue!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue