PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Telecom

divxmaster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OpenGL Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
lol it is out....it just came out, now we have to get a dump rom from it

im going to try to get the rom right now, and see if i can get something to work
Ok, time for the obvious question (and given what thread this is in)... if it can do tf3d, does it mean that it supports opengl es hw also?
I had a search around and couldnt see any info.
(btw, doesn't this use a MSM7500A at 528mhz instead of a MSM7500 at 400mhz?)

Cheers,
Divxmaster

Last edited by divxmaster; 05-11-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

jmitr is just getting started

One thing for sure, Verizon cut the RAM in half. This is because of the fact that internal memory is signifigantly less with the external SD slot available.

This is a comment from cnet:

Quote:
As we mentioned in the Features section, the RAM size does have an effect on general performance. The Touch Diamond could be quite sluggish, tripping over simple things like navigating the TouchFlo interface, viewing missed calls, or creating a new e-mail message. There was also one occasion where the smartphone kept exiting out of Outlook when we were simply trying to open an e-mail. While we never experienced any major crashes or reboots during our review period, the delays got to be frustrating and more noticeable than other smartphones we've tested.
Personally, if this ROM has anything to help speed up our Vogues.....great. I think i'll stick with M2D though. It is much faster, i'd rather use the openGL / D3D for games and hopefully eventually video playback. I've side tested a diamond (Bell version with full specs) with my Vogue. The Vogue with M2D was way faster at accessing information. A dumbed down diamond, or trying to run m3d on the Vogue?? Probably slower and frustrating like the above article states. I'm able to impress coworkers who own diamonds with the speed of my Vogue. Don't want a step backwords in function.
ROM: NFSFAN 6.5 V1.00 21864 SYS/XIP
DIALER: NFSFAN Jade GSM Dialer & Vol Control 3.0.34216
HTCtoucher 4 column start menu
NFSFAN Opera 9.5 Build 17753
Old 05-11-2009, 11:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

ummm, idk....if Vogue is so muc faster, then it would be faster with TF3D
Old 05-12-2009, 05:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC VoGue-Droid

Bkzn3ne is just getting started

No luck for a stock VZW diamond ROM Soo far going to keep google searching

farm4.static.flickr.com/3109/2928051862_fe5df2ccce_m.jpg
Old 05-12-2009, 09:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

I can't even find anyone at XDA who has it..
Old 05-12-2009, 10:59 PM
N00b

I am just gonna have to keep searching. Or find somebody with the phone and ask them to dump it. I know somebody besides me was asking for a stock vzw rom. So lets see tomorrow what happens
Old 05-14-2009, 07:25 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Still no dice on new diamond rom
Old 05-17-2009, 04:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Telecom

divxmaster is a n00b

Hi,

Any luck with the ROM? Also, do you think that it may be possible to enable opengl es (or d3d) using dll's from it?

Cheers,
Divxmaster
Old 05-17-2009, 02:07 PM
N00b

Nope no luck anywhere. I might get a VZW Diamond myself to keep this p.j moving.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkzn3ne View Post
Nope no luck anywhere. I might get a VZW Diamond myself to keep this p.j moving.
nah dont waste your money on it....Sooner or later someone will show up with Verizon Diamond, either on here or XDA....

I'll keep searching on XDA, someone else can try on here
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development