PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Iolite/Manila 2d OEMs

haha no its 4 am (NZT) ( i start work at 4.30am) now back then it was 10pm lol right can you post those tools please, and you're rght this bug bugs me alot lol
Old 03-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Generic battery fix on cab (not gonna work if OEMized).If you oemized it and look inside with notepad you will understand why .For chiefs best way to change it once and forever:
for SPRINT:
\ppckitchen\kitchens\Carriers_Vogue.rar:Carrier _Sprint\mxipupdate_oemoperators_101.provxml

1)open with notepad,and find this entry

characteristic type="HKLM\Security\ResOver\Bitmaps" translation="filesystem">
<parm name="BaseDll" datatype="string" value="Override_SPCS.dll" translation="filesystem"/>
</characteristic>

2)change name "overryde_spcs.dll" to "phcanOverbmp.dll"
3)delete Override_SPCS.dll
4)Forget about this problem forever (thanks goes to Rstoyguy,he helped me to find this entry)
I dont know about other carriers tho...

This method also gives an opportunity to find your favorite phcanoverbmp.dll with custom battery and other icons.you can even customize it the way you want...,but its a different story

ppck dont like unpacking,what I did is extracted just sprint folder for remodeling,the 1 that in the kitchen deleted(without extraction,winrar has this option),after changes simply drag and drop sprint folder to that archive...winrar will do the rest automaticly,quick and easy
Attached Files
File Type: zip batteryfixfromXDA.zip (45.8 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by vin255764; 03-15-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

aspalaasn is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtrnlWolf View Post
Update regarding phcanOver.dll and the battery issue.

I am on Bell, hence I found mxipupdate_bell_102.provxml was overwriting the BaseDLL entry to use a different DLL file.

I also have mxipupdate_greenbattery_110.provxml that sets it to phcan.

So I assume after a cold start/flash, basedll=phcan gets set as a defalt reg entry, but then when a soft reset/customizations run, the reg entry gets changed by the bell one.

I think that would explain why it works properly until a reset.

But then having both xml's with that setting must mean the bell one runs AFTER the greenbattery.

Assuming as much I renamed it to mxipupdate_zzzgreenbattery_110.provxml which should make it dead last alphabetically. That got me no love.

As a simple workaround I overwrote the bell DLL file with the phcan dll, and after a reset the battery icon is fine.

I am not sure what exactly triggers those xmls to run, if it's EVERY reset or not, and what order they run in. If I can answer those 2 questions then an OEM for a generic fix to this issue will be simple.

....and on a side note... stupid volume control still NOT working... grrrrrrr

I havn't gotten enough time to catch up to you guys on the new msg icon, but good job! hopefully i can procrastinate long enough for you to fix it without me..hehe
I'm on Bell as well. All I did was just opened the mxipupdate_bell_102.provxml file and edited it to point to phcanOverbmp.dll instead of override_bm.dll and that worked fine for me.

I also can't get volume control working. I think it may have something to do will the dll file as well but I don't know which file I need to redirect or replace.

ali3nfr3ak, I totally agree with you. There are people who have the answers but won't share. I've given up asking since they aren't even will to help, let alone share. I once asked this person, wont say any names...and isntead of saying he's not willing to help, he leads me the wrong the direction and lied. That was regarding the whole phcanoverbmp.dll, which by following this thread I've finally got solved. So thanks guys, although I don't think I can help much, I totally appreciate you work and for keeping it open unlike some other people.

I hope you guys figure out the SMS new message button. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by aspalaasn; 03-15-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i just delete that entry and then delete the the override_tnz.dll and that seems to work also, for a custom icons you need to install sdkcerts then nuepowerdriver then the custom icons, in my endless search of provxml files and ect etc i found a way to remove the games folder also as i dont have games on my phhone edit the initflashfiles.dat with notepad found inside and OEM_Lang_0409 remove these lines

D i r e c t o r y ( " \ W i n d o w s \ S t a r t M e n u \ P r o g r a m s " ) : - D i r e c t o r y ( " G a m e s " )

D i r e c t o r y ( " \ W i n d o w s \ S t a r t M e n u \ P r o g r a m s \ G a m e s " ) : - F i l e ( " S o l i t a i r e . l n k " , " \ W i n d o w s \ s o l i t a r e . l n k " )

D i r e c t o r y ( " \ W i n d o w s \ S t a r t M e n u \ P r o g r a m s \ G a m e s " ) : - F i l e ( " i c o n . l n k " , " \ W i n d o w s \ g a m e s i c o . l n k " )

D i r e c t o r y ( " \ W i n d o w s \ S t a r t M e n u \ P r o g r a m s \ G a m e s " ) : - F i l e ( " B u b b l e B r e a k e r . l n k " , " \ W i n d o w s \ B u b b l e B r e a k e r . l n k " )

@ aspalaasn sorry to hear about your negative experience all 3 of us are to help just ask well do our best

Last edited by ali3nfr3ak; 03-15-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Threadstarter

EtrnlWolf is keeping up the good workEtrnlWolf is keeping up the good workEtrnlWolf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to EtrnlWolf

I prefer to fix things like that using a totally seperate OEM, that way I can update the kitchen as much as I want and not have to do the fix every time. So to do that I should simply need to make a provxml file with hte correct settings and ensure it runs after the bell one does. I tried it alphabeticaly but it didnt seem to take, though I'm not sure how to make sure they do trigger, so it's either not running or they execute in a different order.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

EtrnlWolf is keeping up the good workEtrnlWolf is keeping up the good workEtrnlWolf is keeping up the good work

Would you please post your LargeTitleBar and Volume Control you ripped from the iolite rom?

I have the Opal Large Titlebar, and XDA-Teams Volume Control... even using all the reg entries from a known working ROM I still can't get it going...

the override/workaround entries you already posted havnt made a difference either, so I'm thinking this may be another issue coming from the Bell operator package....

I can get the System status to work just fine, buttons goto appropriate functions, but never ANY volume control, and the slider always re-maps to up/down regardless of registry...

I can't even get the REGULAR volume control at this point....

Last edited by EtrnlWolf; 03-17-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

bugger sounds like you got real probs i cannot even think of anything to suggest either, heres those files tho, i hope you work it out....the only thing i can suggest is you start from scratch and cook 1 oem/cab at a time and which stuffs up the volume??

Last edited by ali3nfr3ak; 06-26-2009 at 03:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Iolite OEMs w/ M2D Update22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
I found it !!!!!! just extract and overwrite .dll just did it on my vogue,works .lets see how its gonna go through the kitchen.....
Any idea where this DLL came from? Some issues seems to be a result of non-matching dll's, so I wanna track down the matching ones for this so I don't break the backlight again...
Old 03-21-2009, 02:09 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

For the backlight the idea is to save HTCUtil.dll from official wm6.1 ROM.

I just added 2009 google(V.3.0.0.2) and AudioManager_2_0_18193326_0(with shortcuts in programs menu)to M2d OEM from first page.Tested myself gps&maps and audio&library working from M2D and from programs.
ATTN:Removed requirements from option.xml !!!select album and browser manually!!!!

I wrote initflash.txt for google manually!ervius cannot handle it unfortunatly for me lol
What else we have unfinished here?
Attached Files
File Type: rar Iolite Manila 2D.rar (7.75 MB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by vin255764; 03-21-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
What else we have unfinished here?
Havnt tried getting the Navipanel and gps software to link up with the new m2d... i don't have any of the clients tho.

Still focused on the volume control personally, it's a vendetta at this point.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development