PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   OMJ's 3.03, 3.09, M2D WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 9/26/08 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40045)

screamin69 08-12-2008 04:19 AM

Re: OMJ's 3.03 WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 8/11/08

Hey OMJ i just flashed your previous Rom the other day and the GPS cant find no satelites. Is there something i need to do. Any help would be great i love my gps.](*,)

maxqc 08-12-2008 07:50 AM

Can anyone get Yahoo (v2 or v3) to use GPS ? I have no problem with GMaps, WLS or TT but since I have my Touch, I never been able to get yahoo to find my GPS .. Is there a hack ??

OMJ 08-12-2008 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossi636 (Post 379601)
Just so it's clear, can the Bell radio be flashed to a Sprint phone? Thanks OMJ

yes, I am running it now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by denasqu (Post 379615)
Okay, I'm about ready to try this latest with the Bell Radio but it looks like Office Mobile is not included?

yes, office is included.....I only listed what I added.

Quote:

Originally Posted by walla (Post 379784)
OMJ, I have Sprint and regarding your new Generic Custom Rom:
  • ICS tethering fix, set to "Data Connection"
I know there is a cab floating around to fix this. Are there any other sprint specific fixes that I will be missing in the Generic Custom Rom?

Or will you soon release an updated Sprint Custom ROM?

Thanks!

I'm not sure what your question is. ICS was fixed, no need to run a cab. I simply renamed the data connection to "data connection" instead of Sprint PCS......this is only in the generic rom, the Sprint rom still says Sprint PCS.

For now, I'm only working on the Bell based rom.....give it a try, it seems to be abit better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamin69 (Post 379807)
Hey OMJ i just flashed your previous Rom the other day and the GPS cant find no satelites. Is there something i need to do. Any help would be great i love my gps.](*,)

Which rom did you flash? you could try a hard reset or flash one of my newest roms.....gps works right out of the box, so I'm not sure what to tell ya.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxqc (Post 379857)
Can anyone get Yahoo (v2 or v3) to use GPS ? I have no problem with GMaps, WLS or TT but since I have my Touch, I never been able to get yahoo to find my GPS .. Is there a hack ??

I just tried it, was able to get a lock.....but it was alittle finicky.

denasqu 08-12-2008 09:35 AM

This probably isn't the appropriate thread to ask this, but I figure I'll get a good answer here anyway.... and I don't think my questions warrant a whole new thread. :mrgreen:

I'm still trying to get my mind around this stuff and I'm a little confused about...

Kitchens. OMJ is using the 19208 kitchen right? Most everybody else is using the 20270 kitchen right? What's that about? Is there really any difference in the final ROM or is the "kitchen" just a tool to take the chef's input and then output a ROM based on the OEM's that are included?

Radios. I see that the latest radio is the Bell 3.42.50 and a few weeks back the Sprint 3.42.30 was the state of the art. Are these just numbers or is there a real difference? Does the radio affect call quality and/or GPS?

Thanks in advance.

ka911 08-12-2008 09:42 AM

@denasqu
after I flashed my phone with Bell I had to call to Arthu. my phone with Vrizon, I hear clicks all the time and I was really going crazy and told my self that I did really bad choice to update the Redio. but after I finish update my call quality still good.

I don't know if any one know or not! the GPS luck in good 2 mins with Bell ROM in clear sky, and iGo 8 June build it will not work at all. it will frezz on splash screen. I don't see any different on GPS but overall the windows run way nicer.

ycats 08-12-2008 10:22 AM

OJM, can you add Microsoft Office 2007 to your ROM, if this is for pocketpc?

rstoyguy 08-12-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denasqu (Post 379899)

Kitchens. OMJ is using the 19208 kitchen right? Most everybody else is using the 20270 kitchen right? What's that about? Is there really any difference in the final ROM or is the "kitchen" just a tool to take the chef's input and then output a ROM based on the OEM's that are included?

Thanks in advance.

The difference here is the WindowsMobile Build number or version. The 19208 is what Sprint and HTC has tested for months to work properly with your device. The 20270 is based off another phone (Diamond I think...) and ported over to work on your Vogue. These Roms are usually built with the PPCKitchen. I don't see much difference in the two and if 19208 was vigorously tested on the device I own, then that's the one I want! :) And use...

xclusivx 08-12-2008 11:34 AM

I flashed the official Bell Rom to upgrade the radio to .50, skipped customization, and then flashed the new Sprint Custom.2 Rom. Upon start up, the boot screen still says Bell. Did I mess up somewhere?

stopthebus 08-12-2008 01:28 PM

Thank you for the new ROM, I do have 1 curious question.
Why is your Clean ROM uses 10mb more program memory than the default Bell ROM? Is it the Pagepool?

Thanks

cismo 08-12-2008 02:22 PM

What's the difference between the Bell clean rom and your other clean rom? Shouldn't they be almost identical since you got rid of all the preloaded crap?

Also, the Bell rom uses a newer radio driver. Will that work with Sprint?

Thank You