PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   WDM's Moved to Other Thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36566)

Whosdaman 09-04-2008 09:45 PM

WDM's Moved to Other Thread

I have combined both the Weather Panel Clean ROM and the Diamond ROM in one thread....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36924

Thank you,
Whosdaman | Korey

hibby50 09-04-2008 09:48 PM

Re: WDM's Weather Panel 2009 Diamond Themed ROM

saxy... very saxy

Whosdaman 09-04-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 404394)
saxy... very saxy

Yea, there's a task manager too....so don't let the picture fool ya :)

DarkLord 09-04-2008 10:09 PM

so this is based on the newest Bell release? the problem i seem to have with any rom other than my sprint is that there are incompatibilites that drive me crazy. like my sprint TV not working. it's not that i use it alot is that i do pay for it and it bothers me not to have the ability to use it. text messsaging also tends to be draggy in roms other than my sprint. it's the oddest thing.

Whosdaman 09-04-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 404414)
so this is based on the newest Bell release? the problem i seem to have with any rom other than my sprint is that there are incompatibilites that drive me crazy. like my sprint TV not working. it's not that i use it alot is that i do pay for it and it bothers me not to have the ability to use it. text messsaging also tends to be draggy in roms other than my sprint. it's the oddest thing.

I would say try my rom....but mines not up....so try this one, but you have to install Vogue Sprint TV afterwards which you can get here...

http://download.ppchaven.com/Whosdam...024_signed.CAB

Duuuuude 09-05-2008 01:02 AM

Nice looking ROM, man. I'm back into flashing again after a 3 week hiatus and will try this out (The new Bell ROM is just so darn nice).

rose1 09-05-2008 10:08 AM

WHOSDAMAN? YOUDAMAN!!!!

Nice rom

DarkLord 09-05-2008 02:10 PM

ok. i flashed it but decided to keep my Sprint Radio. so far so good. i really like it. i have to admit tho, i did add some favs back tho (sprint tv, sprint navigaton, tomtom, igo8, office mobile.)

oh yeah. the diamond keyboards won't work. i had to install my own.

Whosdaman 09-05-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 404919)
ok. i flashed it but decided to keep my Sprint Radio. so far so good. i really like it. i have to admit tho, i did add some favs back tho (sprint tv, sprint navigaton, tomtom, igo8, office mobile.)

hmmm.....i guess i didn't notice that lol

rose1 09-05-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 404919)

Err, probably a silly question but why do you need 3 navigation programs?

Whosdaman 09-05-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose1 (Post 404990)

And there seems to be a problem with the HTC DIamond Keyboard OEM that use to work now it doesn't.....so I will remake the ROMs with the default vogue keyboard that does work lol

Whosdaman 09-05-2008 05:42 PM

Fixed...we are good to go people!! :D

DarkLord 09-05-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose1 (Post 404990)

funny you ask. well. sprint navigation comes with my sprint account. i don't use it but since i pay for it i have it. i have a tomtom 7 traffic account which is pretty need so i use it most of the time. i'm playing around with the igo to see if it's better than the tom tom. so far i'm just not sure.

Edit: Also. The Sprint Radio seems to be pretty good on this rom. It took awhile for the first lock but after that i've been able to get 5 - 8 sats in seconds. Including indoors. I'm really happy with this so far.

Whosdaman 09-05-2008 07:55 PM

I need to know if the internet works on the ROMs besides Sprints......please need to know quickly

r3dpnt 09-05-2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whosdaman (Post 405223)
I need to know if the internet works on the ROMs besides Sprints......please need to know quickly

Internet works for me on Verizon. Thanks for the rom, love it so far.

Whosdaman 09-05-2008 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r3dpnt (Post 405362)
Internet works for me on Verizon. Thanks for the rom, love it so far.

Sweet, it doesn't say Sprint PCS does it? For the internet I mean....

Whosdaman 09-07-2008 01:27 AM

I'm thinking of making a full rom based on this.....what do y'all think? The looped ROM is a no go due to it's 80 mb OEM.....HUGE lol

DarkLord 09-07-2008 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whosdaman (Post 406367)
I'm thinking of making a full rom based on this.....what do y'all think? The looped ROM is a no go due to it's 80 mb OEM.....HUGE lol

what else are you thinking of adding?? the one thing i noticed that you don't have on this rom is the switching between text messages and mail accounts by swiping across the screen. i used this function quite a bit.

i honestly thought i was going to miss the cube but after running your rom a few days, i find that i could care less if i had it. and i like the speed of this. i have enough custom software on it to choke a horse and it's still running fast and perfect.

Whosdaman 09-07-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 406620)
what else are you thinking of adding?? the one thing i noticed that you don't have on this rom is the switching between text messages and mail accounts by swiping across the screen. i used this function quite a bit.

i honestly thought i was going to miss the cube but after running your rom a few days, i find that i could care less if i had it. and i like the speed of this. i have enough custom software on it to choke a horse and it's still running fast and perfect.

Yup that's what I was hoping for with this rom....but like I said it's based around the Weather Panel....and I was thinking of adding acouple of new things, but idk. I think I'll just keep it clean :D

DarkLord 09-07-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whosdaman (Post 406679)
Yup that's what I was hoping for with this rom....but like I said it's based around the Weather Panel....and I was thinking of adding acouple of new things, but idk. I think I'll just keep it clean :D

do you have any idea what software activates the swiping for the messaging?? i think that's the only thing i would really like add that i currently don't have.

DarkLord 09-08-2008 11:57 AM

ok. so i used the bell radio yesterday and the sprint on satuday. honestly, not enough different to even take the trouble to switch it out. the gps seemed to lock a little bit faster but hell, less than 10sec is great anyway.

no difference in signal quality or strength.

nxtech3 09-08-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 406718)
do you have any idea what software activates the swiping for the messaging?? i think that's the only thing i would really like add that i currently don't have.

FTouchFlo or Biotouch if im not mistaken

rstoyguy 09-08-2008 12:07 PM

yep, biotouch is the one. I think ftouchflo is an alternative that will also do it...

r3dpnt 09-08-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whosdaman (Post 405380)
Sweet, it doesn't say Sprint PCS does it? For the internet I mean....

No, i don't see any reference to Sprint PCS on my phone.

balenc.lua 09-08-2008 01:41 PM

where is the "use unicode if necessary" of the text massage's Set in ROM 3.09.666.1

i send a chinese text massage to my friends,but display ????????? In his machines ,help me ,thanks

DarkLord 09-08-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 407425)
yep, biotouch is the one. I think ftouchflo is an alternative that will also do it...

i guess the obvious question is the best one to use and the best way to get it on? and the 24 thousand question is once i add it, if the swiping motion will automatically work in the email or if there are other settings to deal with??

Whosdaman 09-08-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenc.lua (Post 407545)
where is the "use unicode if necessary" of the text massage's Set in ROM 3.09.666.1

i send a chinese text massage to my friends,but display ????????? In his machines ,help me ,thanks

This is acculy SYS 20273.....not the Bell Build....but as for your questio, i have no idea

scotsman4eva 09-08-2008 04:34 PM

WDM , do we have an eta on when one of the animation roms are coming out , used your static one , is cool , eager to try the animation ones

Whosdaman 09-08-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotsman4eva (Post 407742)
WDM , do we have an eta on when one of the animation roms are coming out , used your static one , is cool , eager to try the animation ones

Might be awhile cause the ROMs are cooking too big so I have to wait until PPCHaven's Kitchen is done so I can make them...I haven't tried a Single Animation ROM yet, so Cross your fingers and I'll cook it right now

scotsman4eva 09-08-2008 05:33 PM

Cool , so i may get to try this out tonight

Whosdaman 09-08-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotsman4eva (Post 407822)
Cool , so i may get to try this out tonight

Nope....it won't build....but I do know this, go to this thread and download the animated images yourself and you can use them on my rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=401781

CFdragon 09-08-2008 06:21 PM

I love the WP Layout....I've used the animated large icons from XDA-developers in conjunction with Ultimate launch to keep Today Plug-ins separate and neat. I would love to see a version of your layout with the Big animated icons. I just think having the lower 5 day forecast animated and the upper Big Icons animated at the same time would look very impressive, if not spectacular...also the flashing 'Trial' pop-ups in the download from XDA is a little annoying. Would love to see just a clean animated kick-a$$ WeatherPanel. Beyond that I love how fast this rom is. This site seems to keep getting better and better!!

DarkLord 09-09-2008 07:15 AM

WDM.

What are the chances of you cooking another version of this with touchflo? i've tried to add it manually and the fast switching between mail and text messages isn't working.

Whosdaman 09-09-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 408403)
WDM.

What are the chances of you cooking another version of this with touchflo? i've tried to add it manually and the fast switching between mail and text messages isn't working.

Well adding touchflo would mean having a cube as well.....so idk, it's a maybe

DarkLord 09-09-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whosdaman (Post 408892)
Well adding touchflo would mean having a cube as well.....so idk, it's a maybe

well damn. i didn't realize that. i really don't want the cube anymore. i love the speed of this rom. thanks anyway.

Whosdaman 09-09-2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 408905)
well damn. i didn't realize that. i really don't want the cube anymore. i love the speed of this rom. thanks anyway.

Well Touchflo automatically adds the generic cube....but it can be disabled, but since it's will take alot off the speed and memory I don't really want to :-\

But I will let you know I am adding a Full version of the ROM....and fixing the clean

DarkLord 09-09-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whosdaman (Post 408923)
Well Touchflo automatically adds the generic cube....but it can be disabled, but since it's will take alot off the speed and memory I don't really want to :-\

But I will let you know I am adding a Full version of the ROM....and fixing the clean

oh cool!! i can't wait to give it a try..

Whosdaman 09-09-2008 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 409103)
oh cool!! i can't wait to give it a try..

To tell the Truth....the Full ROM is my ROM i've been making forever, so the Weather Panel is disabled by default in the Full ROM that's because the HTC Home Plugin is enabled :D

Whosdaman 09-09-2008 07:40 PM

Ok the Sprint Full ROM is up....I need testers before I make for other carriers

DarkLord 09-09-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whosdaman (Post 409119)
Ok the Sprint Full ROM is up....I need testers before I make for other carriers

humm. i don't see it posted. i would LOVE to test it tho!!

Edit. OK. i saw it and am downloading it. is it still based on weatherpanel as the other one is??