PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   UPDATED 10-21-08 Manilla 2D Alltel 6.1 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33359)

dchandler326 10-03-2008 10:02 AM

Re: UPDATED 9-22-08 Manilla 2D Alltel 6.1

how do you do a hard reset on the touch and if i do a hard reset will it take me back to 6.0 or will i still be at 6.1

yearn 10-03-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchandler326 (Post 444248)
how do you do a hard reset on the touch and if i do a hard reset will it take me back to 6.0 or will i still be at 6.1

to do a hard reset go to to settings>system tab>clear storage, it will tell you to enter 1234 then click yes. You will still be at 6.1 you will just loose all your personal stuff. so move anything you dont wanna lose to sd card and back up all contacts,msgs,emails ect,ect....

Firsttimer 10-03-2008 11:43 AM

Con,

I found an app that you (and many others) may find helpful. It is called OS Remind Me. When you miss a call you only find about it when you look at your Home screen. This app will play a file every "x" to remind you. Kind of funny that something like this wasn't included in the OS from MS/ Every phone I have ever had iver the past 19 years has a missed call reminder built in.

Also, anyone know of a good (and free) app that I can manage incoming calls via their caller ID?

Thanks

conflipper 10-03-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firsttimer (Post 444363)
Con,

I found an app that you (and many others) may find helpful. It is called OS Remind Me. When you miss a call you only find about it when you look at your Home screen. This app will play a file every "x" to remind you. Kind of funny that something like this wasn't included in the OS from MS/ Every phone I have ever had iver the past 19 years has a missed call reminder built in.

Also, anyone know of a good (and free) app that I can manage incoming calls via their caller ID?

Thanks

I am looking at it now.

w0rdie 10-03-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firsttimer (Post 444363)
Con,

Thanks

The HTC devices (Touch included) come with a notificaion LED in the speaker that lets you know that you've got a message/notification.

A tool like this seems better left as a cab.

yearn 10-03-2008 12:48 PM

hey con, hows the new update doing? I was wondering if theres any form of rar extractor in here anywhere or should i just install pocketRAR? did you ever figure out how to add bookmarks under the internet icon, beside or under the youtube player? I must say unless you tell me theres gonna be a huge difference in the update I may hang onto this one for a while, its working fast and nearly perfect. I have noticed a glitch in fileexp, not a big deal to me cause I always use GSfinder, but when you click and hold on an item, then copy, then click up top to pick where to send it to, it works but part of the little drop down box stays up. The only way to get rid of it is to exit FileEep completly. just thought you might wanna know

conflipper 10-03-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 444450)
hey con, hows the new update doing? I was wondering if theres any form of rar extractor in here anywhere or should i just install pocketRAR? did you ever figure out how to add bookmarks under the internet icon, beside or under the youtube player? I must say unless you tell me theres gonna be a huge difference in the update I may hang onto this one for a while, its working fast and nearly perfect. I have noticed a glitch in fileexp, not a big deal to me cause I always use GSfinder, but when you click and hold on an item, then copy, then click up top to pick where to send it to, it works but part of the little drop down box stays up. The only way to get rid of it is to exit FileEep completly. just thought you might wanna know

Yeah sorry I thought PocketRAR was in there, I was missing a link, I got it working now tho. Update is going good. Should be up soon, Flashing one of my final test builds now. And thank you for letting me know of that issue with file explorer. I will be sure to check into this.

DavidIanWarren 10-03-2008 01:45 PM

I'm on the SkyFire mobile browser beta, and it recognized it wasn't the default browser and offered to take over as such...
Not sure, but I'd think if the app didn't offer, there'd be a registry entry for this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by conflipper (Post 444102)
Opera 9.5 is hard coded into the manilla, so you will not be able to change it from that internet window. And I am glad to hear that those registry edits helped speed everything up. I will have those included in the update later on today. So it should be a little more speed. Also glad to know that your GPS is working good for you. But for any more speed tricks, right now I am unsure. I saw one around for changing your DNS servers to OPENDNS servers, but i am not sold on how much that helped. But who knows. for now i am off to bed, gotta be up in 4 hours.

yearn 10-03-2008 02:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hey con I was wondering if you could explain something to me. is the background in manilla changable or is it just whatever it comes with on the rom? I only ask cause I seen another version(see screenshot) and was a little confused. thx.

also iv never used Opera mobile. any way to stream videos?(other than youtube) or shouls I just use skyfire when I want to do that?

conflipper 10-03-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidIanWarren (Post 444525)
I'm on the SkyFire mobile browser beta, and it recognized it wasn't the default browser and offered to take over as such...
Not sure, but I'd think if the app didn't offer, there'd be a registry entry for this.

I am not sure there is any registry, I think that is coded into the program.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 444571)
hey con I was wondering if you could explain something to me. is the background in manilla changable or is it just whatever it comes with on the rom? I only ask cause I seen another version(see screenshot) and was a little confused. thx.

also iv never used Opera mobile. any way to stream videos?(other than youtube) or shouls I just use skyfire when I want to do that?

the file you need to over write is called "hh_fw_background.png" it is in your windows folder. Where do you want to stream videos from? Opera Mobile should stream videos with flash 3.1 built into there. But I guess it depends on where you want to stream videos from.