PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Vogue 20270 GPS kitchen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32861)

fredcatsmommy 07-25-2008 09:00 AM

Re: Vogue 20270 GPS kitchen

I'm putting this comment here since the cube is now working in the 20270 kitchen. I'd like to be able to install the HTC Touchflo OEM to what I now have (since everything else is working perfectly!!), but I get the following message when trying to use nuePackageInstaller: Error: Could not find file '\temp\HTC TouchFlo2_0_30337_1\initflashfiles.txt' Is it possible to install the cube using the OEM installer? Any help is greatly appreciated.

GT! 07-25-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy (Post 360204)
when the kitchen program opens up and a window puts up to select the kitchen to use, select the vogue selections 20270.txt (it's named something like that). You should be fine.

Thanks, I hadn't even noticed that.

So I can't just re-use my existing selections.txt, I need to start over?

-GT

leoiden 07-25-2008 10:23 AM

windows live mobile ,the new build in the kitchen does not work
or if someone manage to get it working fully please share the info!

rolandroland 07-25-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT! (Post 360258)
Thanks, I hadn't even noticed that.

So I can't just re-use my existing selections.txt, I need to start over?

-GT

You can open your selections file (notepad) and see which rar it is pointing to to verify the version.
I am not sure if there is any problems from just changing the version directly in the text file if it isn't the one you want.

rolandroland 07-25-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leoiden (Post 360261)
windows live mobile ,the new build in the kitchen does not work
or if someone manage to get it working fully please share the info!

I have it and it works. The first rom I cooked it froze on me when setting it up and then worked after a soft-reset and my current one it just works. Maybe be something else you have selected is breaking it.

I have the regular one installed (not the no IM one). Also it is being installed as a requirement to another selection. Though I didn't bother to try and figure out which one since I wanted it anyway.

GT! 07-25-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolandroland (Post 360285)
You can open your selections file (notepad) and see which rar it is pointing to to verify the version.
I am not sure if there is any problems from just changing the version directly in the text file if it isn't the one you want.

Here is the top of my (old) selections.txt:
SelectionsVersion=.90.04
KitchenDir=Kitchens\Vogue_WM6.1_GPS_3.02.rar:;
ModuleDir=kitchens\000_Shareware.rar:
ModuleDir=kitchens\PPCGeeks_OEM.rar:
ModuleDir=USER_OEM

Checking the date of Vogue_WM6.1_GPS_3.02.rar (July 20) it appears I'm good to go?

-GT

ptfdmedic 07-25-2008 12:36 PM

I reverted back to the previous kitchen 20226 because I use the touchflo and the last time it worked was on the 20226 kitchen and I wanted to see if it was the OEM or something else causing the problem in the new kitchen.
I am seeing the exact same thing now on 20226. Finger scrolling doesn't work at all. Tap - wait - and drag also doesn't work. I am going to try to dig out an older oem of touchflo and see if that helps...

I installed buildos from scratch yesterday so all the oems are the newest ones released.

colonel 07-25-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 360389)
I reverted back to the previous kitchen 20226 because I use the touchflo and the last time it worked was on the 20226 kitchen and I wanted to see if it was the OEM or something else causing the problem in the new kitchen.
I am seeing the exact same thing now on 20226. Finger scrolling doesn't work at all. Tap - wait - and drag also doesn't work. I am going to try to dig out an older oem of touchflo and see if that helps...

I installed buildos from scratch yesterday so all the oems are the newest ones released.

Upload selections.txt please. You said before that you "setup" touchflo. What do you mean? I see the issue with selecting multiple emails, but I cannot reproduce any of your other problems.

boggsie 07-25-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 360389)

Wow, a picture (video) would sure be worth a thousand words here. It might sound rediculous, but if it is possible, you might consider a video demonstrating the expected or desired behavior and then a separate shot or second half with the incorrect or undesired behavior.

Again, I understand this might not be possible and even if it is possible, it might not be worth the trouble, but I know if they could see it, it would help to determine what "correct" is.

Best regards,
-boggsie

ptfdmedic 07-25-2008 01:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonel (Post 360393)
Upload selections.txt please. You said before that you "setup" touchflo. What do you mean? I see the issue with selecting multiple emails, but I cannot reproduce any of your other problems.

I meant I set up my phone. Right after I flash and calibrate and the phone boots up completely I can tap and drag the screen but then tap and drag stops working after a few seconds and then the only way to move the screen up and down is the scroll bar or the d-pad. I have always been able to scroll to the bottom a screen by tapping the screen and draging my finger in the direction I need to go. When you do this you here the "clicking" sound that the touchflo makes (there is an option to disable the "click" sound in the settings page). When touchflo stops working correctly I stop hearing the clicks, even though they are still selected in the options. I uploaded the 20270 kitchen selections. If you need something else please let me know.

As far as the other problems go. I used to be able to tap- wait- and drag over many items in file explorer or resco explorer to highlight them. I can no longer do that. As far as emails and text messages go I can no longer switch to the next email by swiping my finger to the left or right while viewing an email. When veiwing my inbox I used to be able to swipe my finger to the left or right to switch between email accounts and text messages. This no longer works. I am going to cook a new rom with the 20226 kitchen and try one more time to see if it works. If it doesn't then I will also upload the selections text for that. I hope this helps. If you need more info just let me know. I caught up on some sleep last night so my brain is working better today. :)

UPDATE: I just finished flashing a new rom with the same selections in the 20270 kitchen. Touchflo does appear to be working. My problem may have been that amount of pressure need to use it now. I missed the post someone left yesterday about the pressure required now to make it work. I have never had to push that hard on the screen to get it to work. Everything except touchflo resonds with "normal" amounts of pressure. I will play with the registry and adjust the pressure and see if that helps. Sorry for not catching this sooner and driving everyone crazy. Thanks for your patience. I guess I still need more sleep.

UPDATE 2: After adjusting the Threshold and Finger Pressure to 100,000, touchflo now works like it has worked in previous kitchen builds. I honestly have never had to press that hard on the screen before. Thanks again for your help and patiences........I will be sure to press Thanks to those who helped me to figure this out.... :)