PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   rstoyguy's 19208 Rom & Kitchen Basekit v1.0801 Updated 8/01/08 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31552)

rstoyguy 07-29-2008 05:10 PM

Re: rstoyguy's 19208 Rom & Kitchen Basekit v1.05

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtb29er (Post 364628)
how do I just install the rom and not have to use kitchen.

Unrar the NBH file into the RUU directory. IF you need the RUU directory it is on the FTP under vogue/users/rstoyguy/tools/RUU.rar

Unrar the both into one directory and then run the RomUpdateUtility.exe.

mtb29er 07-29-2008 05:17 PM

Not sure I understand unrar it. when I go to extract it it just says it is a hbh file and cant open it. Sorry for the dumb ? but thanks for the help

Brock1909 07-29-2008 05:39 PM

Re: rstoyguy's 19208 Rom & Kitchen Basekit v1.0729 Updated 7/29/08

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 364626)
Yes, that is correct. No ppst in windows. I have never had to do all that hogwash.

1. Unlock
2. Flash the original rom, let customizations run. Give it until you see that IOTA in your top menu bar is done. This can be done quicker by running PIE, sorta kick starts the internet connection needed by IOTA...
3. Flash MINE!
4. Try theirs.
5. Re-Flash mine again! :)

Once you do step 2, you should never have to do it again. I have just to get the stock screens back. I find all these other steps are not necessary. The IOTA here updates a part of rom that is not overwritten by flashing a rom.

i have flashed plenty of roms, and love yours!

so is the NEW OEM.RAR (7.29) complete? not sure why i am getting that error after DL when i try to open it.

mtb29er 07-29-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 364638)
Unrar the NBH file into the RUU directory. IF you need the RUU directory it is on the FTP under vogue/users/rstoyguy/tools/RUU.rar

Unrar the both into one directory and then run the RomUpdateUtility.exe.

Not sure I understand unrar it. when I go to extract it it just says it is a hbh file and cant open it. Sorry for the dumb ? but thanks for the help

rstoyguy 07-29-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtb29er (Post 364646)

Unarchive it. I use winrar...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock1909 (Post 364669)
i have flashed plenty of roms, and love yours!

so is the NEW OEM.RAR (7.29) complete? not sure why i am getting that error after DL when i try to open it.

It was a bad upload. I'll resend it soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtb29er (Post 364684)

Which file do you have? The download is a .rar and when you unarchive it it is a .nbh . Once you have this, you need to place it in the directory with the contents of the ruu.rar and run romupgradeutility.exe to flash.

Brock1909 07-29-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 364690)
Unarchive it. I use winrar...

It was a bad upload. I'll resend it soon

Which file do you have? The download is a .rar and when you unarchive it it is a .nbh . Once you have this, you need to place it in the directory with the contents of the ruu.rar and run romupgradeutility.exe to flash.

Awesome thanks!

rstoyguy 07-29-2008 06:14 PM

OEM dir for kitchen is up.

3 - MyKitchen_OEM_Directory_v7.29_OEM.rar to add into the kitchen.

motorcitymadman 07-29-2008 06:16 PM

Just flashed the new version of your rom. VirtualEarth now works. 'Bug fixed. Tried to use Polen's Vista Dialer. It installed, however, nothing appeared on the call status screen. Just blank buttons. Also, what happened to the Diamond start-up screen? Mine reverts back to the traditional green Windows Mobile screen. The Diamond startup screen was wicked. Is there a way I can add it back? Otherwise, I'll just revert back to the previous version. Don't really care about VirtualEarth not working. Would be nice, but not necessary. Got plenty of gps programs to compensate. Ooooh, did I mention, Great Rom!!!! I'll probably install it onto my wife's phone while she is asleep tonight.

rstoyguy 07-29-2008 06:42 PM

I took it out until someone finds me a good theme.tsk to match....I'll put it back in next upload, scheduled for thursday.
And what problems are you having with VirtualEarth? Mine works fine...

motorcitymadman 07-29-2008 07:31 PM

I get this error message "An unexpected error has occurred in VirtualEarthMobile.exe. " "NullReferenceExceptions." Whatever that means. I'll wait til Thursday to try the new upload. Whatever this problem is it's been fixed in the rom version released Today.

mtb29er 07-29-2008 10:41 PM

This is very nice but it wont let me change the city for the weather. when i go to option nothing every comes up? also I cant connect using internet sharing but it will let me connect with pdanet.

rstoyguy 07-29-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtb29er (Post 364965)
This is very nice but it wont let me change the city for the weather. when i go to option nothing every comes up? also I cant connect using internet sharing but it will let me connect with pdanet.

I'll look into the problems for ya...That's why I put the rom up, so I could have you all find little problems like that!

rstoyguy 07-29-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

To fix the internet sharing, close Internet Sharing. Then run the provided \Windows\IntSharing_SprintPCS.cab, wait a minute or so, then restart ICS. Now to work on the weather cpl....

rstoyguy 07-29-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

I fix for Spb Weather...

1. Rename \program files\spbweather\SpbWeather._exe to \program files\spbweather\SpbWeather.exe

2. Rename and Move \program files\spbweather\SpbServices._exe to \windows\SpbServices.exe

Those two changes were overlooked. :) I just love undocumented features!

ycats 07-29-2008 11:56 PM

the above changes, are they now included in your ROM if I download it?

rstoyguy 07-30-2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ycats (Post 365038)

The tethering cab is, the Spb weather is not...It will be updated Thursday. And I just reflashed and verified the fix. I'd do it now, but I'm playing with the theme a little...and that's not playing nice...

rstoyguy 07-30-2008 08:39 AM

Re: rstoyguy's 19208 Rom & Kitchen Basekit v1.0730 Updated 7/30/08

Updated RSTG_3.03.651.4_v1.0730.1_NBH to include fix for changing the city in Spb Weather.

Change Log 7-30-08
- Updated Spb Weather v1.7.4 (15 day Trial) so you can change the city...What?! Wichita is nice! :smile:
- Added diamond headers for startup screens
- Re-installed Diamond Welcome screen
- Re-Added TV Guide - Start Menu>Programs>MultiMedia

Edit: reloaded v1.0730.1 . Had to remove my personal e-mail settings and few registration codes from the rom.... :)

mtb29er 07-30-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 364997)
To fix the internet sharing, close Internet Sharing. Then run the provided \Windows\IntSharing_SprintPCS.cab, wait a minute or so, then restart ICS. Now to work on the weather cpl....

I fixed the weather deal by just reinstalling it. Now it works fine. Internet share I am trying now. Thanks. This is a nice little rom
also can the name(rstoyguy) in the slide 2 lock be changed?

rstoyguy 07-30-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtb29er (Post 365469)
I fixed the weather deal by just reinstalling it. Now it works fine. Internet share I am trying now. Thanks. This is a nice little rom
also can the name(rstoyguy) in the slide 2 lock be changed?

NO!!! Well, ok.

Change the following reg key

HKCU\software\A_C\S2U2
"S2UText"="rstoyguy"

rstoyguy 07-30-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ycats (Post 365038)

As of now, yes.

mtb29er 07-30-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 365499)
NO!!! Well, ok.

Change the following reg key

HKCU\software\A_C\S2U2
"S2UText"="rstoyguy"

You the man thanks. .

Vancer 07-30-2008 07:03 PM

Hey rstoyguy it's Vancer .... again... hehe

As you know i've been cooking (as you have helped me in OMJ's thread) and i use the same base kitchen as you but have been working off of OMJ's generic clean rom. I have read through here and a couple ppl have asked, but i still haven't seen a clear cut answer on a few questions.

1. Getting rid of the cube alltogether? Since I'm using OMJ's generic clean, do you know what files need to be deleted after running prepit.bat? I figure you know how to do this b/c I'm assuming you had to do it to add your s3 OEM. I'm pretty sure his generic would require the same deletions as the stock sprint as I believe he simply replaced the sprint .brns with generic ones but left the cube in.

2. Since i was modding the cube pre-cubeconfig by thisguyinoc, I'm familiar with aplauncher, mediahubmini, etc.. but don't know all the files to be deleted or out of which directory (such as \sys or \oem\oemapps) in oder to say goodbye to that cube and free up some memory?

3. Once I figure out what files to delete, will buildOS take care of writing the .rgu correctly since the files will not be there?

4. If successful at getting the cube deleted, what do I need to leave in so I will still have touchflo and have finger scrolling for all my apps?

5. Also (if successful at deleting the cube), I assume quickdial.exe would be one of the deletions, but would i need to leave it in for the quick contacts in HHC to function properly (or even would they w/o the cube)? Or if I used something else like spb mobile shell would it have it's own .exe to launch quick dialing of contacts? (or does it use quickdial.exe)

6. I also have the same questions about what to delete after prepit.bat in order to get rid of the letter recognizer and block recognizer? (I actually use the touch keypad and full qwerty)

Much appreciated!! :mrgreen:

For the guy asking earlier, I have sucessfully just deleted all three transcriber directories out of \sys and it indeed removes it from the install w/o any problems. I guess buildOS recognized that and took care of the .rgu itself as I'm hoping it will do for the letter and block recognizer once I figure out what to delete.

rstoyguy 07-30-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vancer (Post 366055)
Hey rstoyguy it's Vancer .... again... hehe

As you know i've been cooking (as you have helped me in OMJ's thread) and i use the same base kitchen as you but have been working off of OMJ's generic clean rom. I have read through here and a couple ppl have asked, but i still haven't seen a clear cut answer on a few questions.

1. Getting rid of the cube alltogether? Since I'm using OMJ's generic clean, do you know what files need to be deleted after running prepit.bat? I figure you know how to do this b/c I'm assuming you had to do it to add your s3 OEM. I'm pretty sure his generic would require the same deletions as the stock sprint as I believe he simply replaced the sprint .brns with generic ones but left the cube in.

2. Since i was modding the cube pre-cubeconfig by thisguyinoc, I'm familiar with aplauncher, mediahubmini, etc.. but don't know all the files to be deleted or out of which directory (such as \sys or \oem\oemapps) in oder to say goodbye to that cube and free up some memory?

3. Once I figure out what files to delete, will buildOS take care of writing the .rgu correctly since the files will not be there?

4. If successful at getting the cube deleted, what do I need to leave in so I will still have touchflo and have finger scrolling for all my apps?

5. Also (if successful at deleting the cube), I assume quickdial.exe would be one of the deletions, but would i need to leave it in for the quick contacts in HHC to function properly (or even would they w/o the cube)? Or if I used something else like spb mobile shell would it have it's own .exe to launch quick dialing of contacts? (or does it use quickdial.exe)

6. I also have the same questions about what to delete after prepit.bat in order to get rid of the letter recognizer and block recognizer? (I actually use the touch keypad and full qwerty)

Much appreciated!! :mrgreen:

For the guy asking earlier, I have sucessfully just deleted all three transcriber directories out of \sys and it indeed removes it from the install w/o any problems. I guess buildOS recognized that and took care of the .rgu itself as I'm hoping it will do for the letter and block recognizer once I figure out what to delete.

1,2,4: The way to do it is to add the S3 Cube to ..\OEM then run buildos. Everytime it comes up with a duplicate, delete the file out of ..\OEMAPPS. Repeat until you do not get the duplicate files anymore, then delete S3 Cube out of the ..\OEM directory....CUBE is GONE! Touchflo remains...

3: The RGU will have a few "orphaned" registry entries, I'm not sure it will save you that much space, but you could delete them...

5: I don't use hhc home, but I would assume you would have to leave quickdial in there. Spb shell I'm sure has it's own way, but one file won't hurt much of anything.

6: I just tried it, and my guess worked! I managed to kill the Block & Letter recognizer from my keyboard list.

Try the following in an OEM:

Quote:

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{42429690-ae04-11d0-a4f8-00aa00a749b9}]

See the "-" immediately after the bracket? That should tell BuildOs to kill that whole registry key...That should kill the Letter recognizer. Try the same on the others you want gone as well...

And let me know if buildos supports that, and if it worked for ya! I may want to use that for me-self! :)

Vancer 07-30-2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 366079)
1,2,4: The way to do it is to add the S3 Cube to ..\OEM then run buildos. Everytime it comes up with a duplicate, delete the file out of ..\OEMAPPS. Repeat until you do not get the duplicate files anymore, then delete S3 Cube out of the ..\OEM directory....CUBE is GONE! Touchflo remains...

3: The RGU will have a few "orphaned" registry entries, I'm not sure it will save you that much space, but you could delete them...

5: I don't use hhc home, but I would assume you would have to leave quickdial in there. Spb shell I'm sure has it's own way, but one file won't hurt much of anything.

6: I just tried it, and my guess worked! I managed to kill the Block & Letter recognizer from my keyboard list.

Try the following in an OEM:

See the "-" immediately after the bracket? That should tell BuildOs to kill that whole registry key...That should kill the Letter recognizer. Try the same on the others you want gone as well...

And let me know if buildos supports that, and if it worked for ya! I may want to use that for me-self! :)

Thanks!!! That's a great idea with the buildOS trick :mrgreen: I'm sure it will take a while but it will get the job done!

On the block and letter thing...
I just edited the key,
HKCR\CLSID\{4242961...block }\IsSIPInputMethod...changed default from 1 to 0,
Same edit for {4242960...letter } and both are gone from optional keyboards :mrgreen:

That didn't do anything for the actual files still being there of course but at least I don't have to see those options anymore. I will just add that to the .rgu of my optional regedits in \sys and and that should take care of it rather than trying to kill that reg entry correct?

motorcitymadman 07-30-2008 10:51 PM

Quick question. In addition to your rom, I'm running Spb Mobile Shell. The Mobile Shell plug-in sits in a locked position at the top of the home screen. The digital clock is second. Is there a way to unlock the Mobile Shell plug-in so that I can move the digital clock up and have the Mobile Shell plug-in rest under the digital clock plug-in?

motorcitymadman 07-30-2008 11:03 PM

Disregard the last post. I found the answer I was looking for. HKLM > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Today > Items > Spb Mobile Shell > Type. Change Type from '5' to '4' and it will show up as an Moveable plugin. Search does wonders!!!!!

Vancer 07-30-2008 11:05 PM

rstoyguy,

I tried that method and it didn't work :(

Got rid of all the duplicates and ran buildos which completed successfully but after i flashed and booted up i found a problem. Everything seemed fine until i swiped my finger upward as if to launch the cube and the screen went a little dimmer and the phone locked up. I'm guessing it has something to do with that gesture in the touchflo reg settings somewhere calling for something to launch and it's no longer there. Any help???

rstoyguy 07-30-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vancer (Post 366344)
rstoyguy,

I tried that method and it didn't work :(

Got rid of all the duplicates and ran buildos which completed successfully but after i flashed and booted up i found a problem. Everything seemed fine until i swiped my finger upward as if to launch the cube and the screen went a little dimmer and the phone locked up. I'm guessing it has something to do with that gesture in the touchflo reg settings somewhere calling for something to launch and it's no longer there. Any help???

Search for the regedit to disable the cube.

Brock1909 07-31-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 366371)
Search for the regedit to disable the cube.

yup, i did this. you go into HKLM>Sotfware>OEM>TFLOSettings>EnaleCube. change from 1 to 0. wait a few minutes, soft reset.

Brock1909 07-31-2008 07:53 PM

Do you have the .730 OEM to DL?

rstoyguy 07-31-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock1909 (Post 367506)
Do you have the .730 OEM to DL?

How about an .801 version in the morning... I was busy today doing Spb OEM's, and I'll need to clean out all my special stuff like registration codes and such...Right now I'm headed out for a beer. If I'm not back by 11, send out the geek squad @ 1-800-PPC-GEEKS. :)

Brock1909 07-31-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 367514)
How about an .801 version in the morning... I was busy today doing Spb OEM's, and I'll need to clean out all my special stuff like registration codes and such...Right now I'm headed out for a beer. If I'm not back by 11, send out the geek squad @ 1-800-PPC-GEEKS. :)

haha sounds good, ill wait till morning to play more!

rstoyguy 08-01-2008 10:12 AM

Change Log 8-01-08
- Back to S2U2 v1.05. S2U2 v1.12 caused lock ups and killed the cube w/certain settings...
- Black Diamond Digits for S2U2
- Added Spb Finance v2.8.0 (15 day trial)
- Added Spb Imageer v1.6 (includes Spb ScreenShot) (15 day trial)

RSTG_3.03.651.4_v1.0801_NBH <---Rom download link

3 - MyKitchen_OEM_Directory_v1.0801_OEM.rar to add into the kitchen.

Brock1909 08-01-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 368079)
Change Log 8-01-08
- Back to S2U2 v1.05. S2U2 v1.12 caused lock ups and killed the cube w/certain settings...
- Black Diamond Digits for S2U2
- Added Spb Finance v2.8.0 (15 day trial)
- Added Spb Imageer v1.6 (includes Spb ScreenShot) (15 day trial)

RSTG_3.03.651.4_v1.0801_NBH <---Rom download link

3 - MyKitchen_OEM_Directory_v1.0801_OEM.rar to add into the kitchen.

Get an Error when trying to build eith the OEM saying that the .96 files ( welcome head, myinfo ETC) are duplicated in your zzz_MYFiles_OEM. so i cannot complete the build because if i delete them, it says error creating the .hv files

rstoyguy 08-01-2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock1909 (Post 368587)
Get an Error when trying to build eith the OEM saying that the .96 files ( welcome head, myinfo ETC) are duplicated in your zzz_MYFiles_OEM. so i cannot complete the build because if i delete them, it says error creating the .hv files

The duplicate files you need to delete each one from their location in the zzz_myfiles_oem directory, (something I was playing with...) and the .hv error...Delete the wm6.1 sound scheme stuff from the bottom of the zzz_mysounds_oem RGU... I had three too many last night and...:drunken::drunken::drunken:...it was early... :)

Brock1909 08-02-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 368595)
The duplicate files you need to delete each one from their location in the zzz_myfiles_oem directory, (something I was playing with...) and the .hv error...Delete the wm6.1 sound scheme stuff from the bottom of the zzz_mysounds_oem RGU... I had three too many last night and...:drunken::drunken::drunken:...it was early... :)

ok im retarted, i am not sure exactly what to delete, i see nohing about wm6.1 in the RGU file inzzz_mysounds_oem

i even tried to add the zzz_mysounds_oem form the .730 build and still got the .hv errors

Brock1909 08-03-2008 12:06 PM

Re: rstoyguy's 19208 Rom & Kitchen Basekit v1.0801 Updated 8/01/08

i cant understand why my GPS stops working after like 2 days with this rom.

rstoyguy 08-03-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock1909 (Post 369946)
have deleted and tried bunch of stuff, cant get it to work

and i cant understand why my GPS stops working after like 2 days with this rom.

I'll update the rom and OEM later...

NOTE: IF YOU ARE EVER IN A SURVIVORMAN TYPE SCENARIO

IT'S a PHONE! Call someone! If you must use the GPS, I would always remove the battery, then reinsert it to kickstart it again. if it is a life or death SurvivorMan type scenario. Luckily that hasn't happened yet. :)

And I released this puppy so that you can see the Rom (NBH), then if you are willing/able, you can make your own flashable ROM using my OEM directory.

So why does your gps quit working after 2 days? To find out, flash the official rom and bug HTC or sprint. Your rom is based off the sprint official release...

[/rant off]

rstoyguy 08-03-2008 07:54 PM

Here is an updated OEM directory:
RSTG_3.03.651.4_v1.0803_OEM

Changelog:
- Added Pocket Digital Clock v1.1.7
- Removed Today Clock
- Upgraded to S2U2 v1.14
- Added zzz_My_Email_OEM - Edit the attached mxip_MyEmail_192.provxml with notepad to setup your e-mail accounts on boot.
- Added Spb Fullscreen keyboard
- Added Spb Finance
- Renamed "Keyboard" to "Small Keyboard" in keyboard list
- Disabled predictive xT9 input
- Added 1_Mystuff OEM. Allows me to enter my settings, removed in uploads. If you see it let me know! :smile:

Additional deletes required to use this:
..\SYS\Redist_dpi_96_resh_240_resv_320\complete.96 .gif
..\SYS\Redist_dpi_96_resh_240_resv_320\blankbanner .96.gif
..\SYS\Redist_dpi_96_resh_240_resv_320\welcomehead .96.gif
(Deleting these will fix the problem you were having brock1909)

motorcitymadman 08-05-2008 10:21 PM

When adding and deleting programs to and from the rom, how do you convert a program that is a cab into a file that can be added to the rom. Also, how do you get the program to register in Start Menu\Programs without having to manually create the shortcut? I've made a couple of rom using the instructions you've provided. I'm stomped on this issue.