PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Vogue WM 6.1 GPS 3.03 Kitchen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30194)

zeurx 06-25-2008 03:55 PM

Vogue WM 6.1 GPS 3.03 Kitchen

Here is a Vogue WM6.1 GPS 3.03 kitchen for BuildOS, which was built off the new sprint rom.

THIS KITCHEN IS UNTESTED, PLEASE TEST AND POST!
Just extract to your buildos root folder.

R0
Deleted

R1
*Fixed the read-only problem with the DSM files
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Zeurx...Kitchen R1.exe

R2
*Fixed the XIP imageinfo.bin error
*Changed the default splash to the new HTC one
!! Still has the welcomehead.96.png error
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Zeurx...Kitchen R2.exe

Scooter_in_WI 06-26-2008 08:10 AM

Re: Vogue WM 6.1 GPS 3.03 Kitchen

I'm getting this message during building...

Scanning module: Kitchens\Vogue_WM6.1_GPS_3.03.rar:PPCK_Addition
No .DSM file: Kitchens\Vogue_WM6.1_GPS_3.03.rar:PPCK_Addition\

I stopped after that and didn't go any further.

Also... Is there any way to incorporate the same splash image? It's kinda' cool. ;)

gochiefs 06-26-2008 10:38 AM

Getting error "Could not find...imageinfo.bin" during ROM creation.

Syclone 06-26-2008 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter_in_WI (Post 326840)
I'm getting this message during building...

Scanning module: Kitchens\Vogue_WM6.1_GPS_3.03.rar:PPCK_Addition
No .DSM file: Kitchens\Vogue_WM6.1_GPS_3.03.rar:PPCK_Addition\

I stopped after that and didn't go any further.

Also... Is there any way to incorporate the same splash image? It's kinda' cool. ;)

I got the same issue as above.

xcopmanx 06-26-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs (Post 327015)
Getting error "Could not find...imageinfo.bin" during ROM creation.

I get this same error.

Syclone 06-26-2008 01:34 PM

I went on to attempt a build and I get this error:
"Could not find file 'C:/Documents and Settings/...../Application Data/hIq Inc/PPC-BuildOS/9.05.2.7TEMP/temp/dump/XIP/imageinfo.bin' "

The build does not complete.

natataka 06-26-2008 01:41 PM

who runs the kitchen and will there be an official update?

gochiefs 06-26-2008 02:02 PM

Ok, i knew i wasnt that crazy.
The imageinfo.bin is in the Vogue WM6.1 GPS 3.03.rar, but for some reason isnt being extracted during creation. Tested unraring 3.02 and 3.03.
In 3.02 when everything is extracted the file shows up, but when 3.03 is extracted, that file is missing for some reason.

-edit-
After turning off the hidden attribute on that file, still getting same error. Extracted entire rar again and turned off hidden attribute on everything and still same.
No ideas left.

gochiefs 06-26-2008 03:32 PM

After removing the ROM folder from PPCKadditions folder then the creation makes it a bit futher, but now dies IMGFS start with an error saying "Attempting to read or write protected memory."

xcopmanx 06-26-2008 03:45 PM

damn, well hopefully we'll have some updates on this soon.

gochiefs 06-26-2008 04:08 PM

I redownloaded the kitchen and removed the ROM folder again and tried to create. This time i get "access to path .......welcomehead.96.pn is denied".
Tried removing the file and get the memory error again.

zeurx 06-26-2008 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
version bump, i've fixed the imageinfo.bin problem and can not figure out the welcomehead one, i've included all calls to anything ending with welcomehead.96.png from the BuildOS process in sysinternal procmon format

gochiefs 06-26-2008 11:21 PM

I'm not at work right now so i can try this, but try manually putting that file where its supposed to go while its creating the rom. Will probably have to do it fairly quickly.

boggsie 06-27-2008 07:36 AM

You might want to consider updating the thread title and put some text in the OP to indicate that this is a Kitchen for the PPCKitchen.org project.

I don't mean to sound harsh or unappreciative, it just helps when thread titles and OPs are clear. Trying to use this Kitchen with the package that DogGuy put together wouldn't be particularly useful and all of the kitchens I have used, include some version of BuildOS.exe.

Your best chance for support on the errors is going into PPCKitchen.org chat and trying to get Colonel, GGuruUSA or Tiermann's attention.

Just a thought ... appreciate the effort.

Best regards,
-boggsie

zeurx 06-27-2008 07:43 AM

Title changed, but i dont really understand why you couldnt use it in the old way, just extract the kitchen rar to your rom dev folder and place your oems in the oem folder and everything should work.

gochieft, did you try placing the file in before it needed to be added and did it work?

boggsie 06-27-2008 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeurx (Post 328462)
I dont really understand why you couldnt use it in the old way, just extract the kitchen rar to your rom dev folder and place your oems in the oem folder and everything should work.

I believe that the kitchen DogGuy assembled (Vogue_Kitchen_Tools.rar) uses the entire OS.nb as opposed to nk.fat. Thus, when you run PrepIt.bat, OS.nb is not there and you get a RUU_signed.nbh that is 1kb in size.

... and please don't misunderstand, I bet I know much less about all of this stuff than you do. I was hoping to avoid confusion on folks wondering into the thread.

Edit for additional clarification: As I understand it, the goal of your project is fine as it is - a package to drop into PPCKitchen.org. There is no reason to modify it to work in other kitchens. I was simply hoping to have some clarification so others wouldn't wonder in and think that this package was a direct drop-in for other (non-PPCKitchen.org) kitchens.

Best regards,
-boggsie

gochiefs 06-27-2008 08:03 AM

Sorry, meant to say in my last post that i could not try it since i was not at work. Will be trying it when i get to work in about an hour.

gochiefs 06-27-2008 09:30 AM

Ok, tried it, but got the memory error again :violent2:

gochiefs 06-27-2008 09:35 AM

Since i have no idea how the actual Kitchen rar's are made then you'll have to forgive me if this is stupid, but is there any way to change permission on the files in the rar, before they are put into the rar?

I get the memory errors when i change something and add it back, but maybe if it was changed before it was even added that might work.

gguruusa 06-27-2008 10:56 AM

There is no magic to the .rar. If you're getting problems after modifying .rar contents, it's because of your modification, not because you are updating the .rar. You can change file permissions from the properties page of the file before the file is added to the .rar.

gochiefs 06-27-2008 11:39 AM

Odd then, cause all im doing is extracting the welcomehead png file, changing permissions, and then adding it back to the rar. When i do that i get the memory error. If i dont do it and just keep it as is, then get the error about access denied on that file.

AceszHigh 06-27-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggsie (Post 328467)
I believe that the kitchen DogGuy assembled (Vogue_Kitchen_Tools.rar) uses the entire OS.nb as opposed to nk.fat. Thus, when you run PrepIt.bat, OS.nb is not there and you get a RUU_signed.nbh that is 1kb in size.

... and please don't misunderstand, I bet I know much less about all of this stuff than you do. I was hoping to avoid confusion on folks wondering into the thread.

Edit for additional clarification: As I understand it, the goal of your project is fine as it is - a package to drop into PPCKitchen.org. There is no reason to modify it to work in other kitchens. I was simply hoping to have some clarification so others wouldn't wonder in and think that this package was a direct drop-in for other (non-PPCKitchen.org) kitchens.

Best regards,
-boggsie

Not that anyone asked this, but the info may be helpful: OS.nb IS nk.fat. In other words, one can simply rename the OS.nb (gotten from running prepit.bat) to nk.fat and use it for PPCkitchen. The reason for the size difference is the nk.fat renamed from OS.nb still has a lot of padding to make the file larger and isn't all cleaned up like the PPCK's nk.fat's are. However, that size difference won't really affect the output of the final NBH.

Scooter_in_WI 06-27-2008 01:06 PM

With the latest revision and the PPCKitchen updates, I got this to build without any errors. Do you think its OK to try it?

m3Jorge 06-27-2008 01:08 PM

Ok so I got the kitchen to work.... Thanks to AceszHigh explination of nk.fat=os.nb

What you need is to replace the nk.fat and boot.rgu from the packaged kitchen. I actually have the kitchen.rar that works if anyone is interested. But I'm at work currently and can't upload to rapidshare....

All I did was using the comand line kitchen ran PrepIT.bat against the official ROM 2.nbh and renamed the .nb file created in the ROM folder to nk.fat. Then I placed the ROM folder created with PrepIT in place of the ROM folder in the Kinchet.rar and BINGO!!!

Unfortunately all files are too large for me to post here but i will upload to rapidshare later on tonite....

zeurx 06-27-2008 01:28 PM

when i looked at the 3.02 kitchen's nk.nb file was just the begining of the os.nb file to the end of the XIP and padding to finish the 7mb file. i took out the extra padding and xipport worked for it, but then the access denied error... and what are the differences in the boot.rgu files?

edit: when you updated ppckitchen with the updater did you have to modify the the 3.03 kitchen

-mobile-

AceszHigh 06-27-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3Jorge (Post 328854)
Ok so I got the kitchen to work.... Thanks to AceszHigh explination of nk.fat=os.nb

What you need is to replace the nk.fat and boot.rgu from the packaged kitchen. I actually have the kitchen.rar that works if anyone is interested. But I'm at work currently and can't upload to rapidshare....

All I did was using the comand line kitchen ran PrepIT.bat against the official ROM 2.nbh and renamed the .nb file created in the ROM folder to nk.fat. Then I placed the ROM folder created with PrepIT in place of the ROM folder in the Kinchet.rar and BINGO!!!

Unfortunately all files are too large for me to post here but i will upload to rapidshare later on tonite....

Yeah no problem. It's real simple to make a kitchen compatible with PPCKitchen (though it took me a LOT of trial and error until someone finally enlightened me to the fact that os.nb=nk.fat). Just run prepit on your donor NBH (personally I use JD's \sys and \OEM from his hybrid rom kit) to get the necessary parts and rename 2.nb to nk.fat like you said. Then make the proper .txt config files for ppckitchen...or do it the lazy way like I did and take a previously made kitchen (such as vogue 3.02 gps for ppckitchen) and just delete the old \ROM, SYS, and OEM folders from the .rar and drop in your new ones!

m3Jorge 06-27-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeurx (Post 328890)
when i looked at the 3.02 kitchen's nk.nb file was just the begining of the os.nb file to the end of the XIP and padding to finish the 7mb file. i took out the extra padding and xipport worked for it, but then the access denied error... and what are the differences in the boot.rgu files?

edit: when you updated ppckitchen with the updater did you have to modify the the 3.03 kitchen

-mobile-

Honestly I didn't look to see if there were diffrences in the boot.rgu, but I figured since I was changing one might as well change the other.

I did my changes before knowing of an update to the ppckitchen...

I've updated the kitchen with the updater now... i will try with your original .rar and let you know if that works....

AceszHigh 06-27-2008 02:24 PM

I don't see a 3.03 vogue kitchen update for ppckitchen?

gochiefs 06-27-2008 02:27 PM

Think he meant there was an update to BuildOS. I just got the update myself.

zeurx 06-27-2008 02:27 PM

you wont see it in the updater, what i was thinking is theres a step that says you can skip this step but things may not work... so maybe its that that needs to be done... and if any part of the OS or xip is different then the kitchen may/may not boot or if it does may have an older sys/xip than what should be running.

AceszHigh 06-27-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs (Post 328985)
Think he meant there was an update to BuildOS. I just got the update myself.

Ah ok, yeah..got that

natataka 06-27-2008 08:05 PM

ive flashed mine to the official rom, can i cook a new os with the kitchen or will i write over important stuff and brick my phone. will the new radio and pri keep?

zeurx 06-27-2008 08:31 PM

as long as you have your phone unlocked it should be fine, as far as pri, that resides in the extrom which our kitchens dont touch. same with the radio, only flash a radio through a carrier rom, i dont think we have tools to pack it yet

Scooter_in_WI 06-28-2008 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter_in_WI (Post 328849)
With the latest revision and the PPCKitchen updates, I got this to build without any errors. Do you think its OK to try it?

Um.. Has anyone tried this? I would love to give it a go but there does not seem to be much feedback from anyone. I thought that this would be big news getting the official ROM to work with PPCKitchen. What gives?

boggsie 06-28-2008 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter_in_WI (Post 329697)
Um.. Has anyone tried this? I would love to give it a go but there does not seem to be much feedback from anyone. I thought that this would be big news getting the official ROM to work with PPCKitchen. What gives?

It is great that zeurx is giving this a go, so I commend him for the effort.

Having said that, I am not so sure that there is a great benefit from having this particular build available as an option in PPCKitchen. I say this, because the biggest benefit in this particular release over the leaked release, is the radio. The only way to get the radio is to update via the released executable.

The actual os/sys/xip portion of the rom has the same version of Windows Mobile (5.2.19208). The rom version did update from 3.02 to 3.03 so there is speculation that there were driver updates to improve the interface between the new radio and Windows Mobile.

Best regards,
-boggsie

Scooter_in_WI 06-28-2008 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggsie (Post 329704)
It is great that zeurx is giving this a go, so I commend him for the effort.

Having said that, I am not so sure that there is a great benefit from having this particular build available as an option in PPCKitchen. I say this, because the biggest benefit in this particular release over the leaked release, is the radio. The only way to get the radio is to update via the released executable.

The actual os/sys/xip portion of the rom has the same version of Windows Mobile (5.2.19208). The rom version did update from 3.02 to 3.03 so there is speculation that there were driver updates to improve the interface between the new radio and Windows Mobile.

Best regards,
-boggsie

I'm just really surprised that there hasn't been any response from folks. Especially the PPCKitchen gurus. Since nobody gave me any indication if this even works or not, I gave it a go anyway but it wouldn't even make it through the build process in the kitchen. Oh well. :(

mrgeoff 06-28-2008 10:18 AM

Well... let's just hope their silence is because they are working pretty fiercely on the 3.03 kitchen :)

zeurx 06-28-2008 11:02 AM

now i see that there was an update on ppckitchen but looking at the files it has an older date than teh 3.02 kitchen and now a new one was just posted for the 19588 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30508 so is there already a new kitchen or what... and if the sys files havent changed than it should be safe to just past the 3.02 nk.fat in to make this one work and not be 100+ mb download.

willysp 06-28-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter_in_WI (Post 329697)

With all due respect, it won't be big news to me until I see 3.03 posted at ppckitchen.org.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter_in_WI (Post 329712)
I'm just really surprised that there hasn't been any response from folks. Especially the PPCKitchen gurus. Since nobody gave me any indication if this even works or not, I gave it a go anyway but it wouldn't even make it through the build process in the kitchen. Oh well. :(

I'm assuming the people who developed 3.02 are working on 3.03 and will post it when ready.

Again, all due respect (and kudos) to others working on it and posting their work here.

boggsie 06-28-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrgeoff (Post 329773)
Well... let's just hope their silence is because they are working pretty fiercely on the 3.03 kitchen :)

When is the last time you ran the updater ?

Best regards,
-boggsie