PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Updated GPS Drivers (Possible Fix For Standby Issues) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25407)

mswlogo 05-07-2008 10:59 PM

Re: Updated GPS Drivers (Possible Fix For Standby Issues)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mardukeme (Post 274997)
Can someone with a Titan using the official SPRINT GPS rom upload the following files for me. It seems the Alltel Titan users are having the same problem getting a GPS Lock as well. I would like to do some more testing to improve the GPS feature on our devices.

gpsapi.dll
gpsapiext.dll
gpssecurity.dll
virser_gps.dll
gpsdaemonservice.dll
qccmquery.dll
gpsid.dll
gpsid_qct.dll

Where did you get the current files from in first post.

mardukeme 05-07-2008 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mswlogo (Post 275238)
Where did you get the current files from in first post.

I stated this before in a earlier post I do not remember, I was trying to get GPS going on the Vogue a while back, and had a collection of different drivers. The and the dll's on the first page contained the best combination of the drivers.

Scrotum 05-07-2008 11:20 PM

I installed this cab and right away was getting a lock almost instantly of up to 10 sat. before I would only get 4 max after a long wait. But now I cannot even see any sattelites no matter how I wait, any suggestions.
________
Live Sex

tiermann 05-08-2008 12:00 AM

Re: GPS & standby mode

Quote:

Originally Posted by hgray (Post 269064)
Got a problem with the new dlls. When I put them on, GpsDaemonService ceases working. It won't start by my app and dotFred acts like it can't find the file.... like when we were trying before. (reference to mardukeme)

EDIT: Also, I don't think it is the GpsDaemonService.dll. At least not exclusively. When I tried to replace it with the dll I had before, the same problem occurred.

EDIT2: I put qccmquery.dll back on and it starts now. Any comments?

I also updated my kickstart program... exe and cab with dll's+exe in the first post.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...22&postcount=1

I'm getting the same problem with a custom sprint rom i'm working with. When I go to load GPD0 in dotfred it says "System cannot find the file specified".. this is with the latest dll set you posted. gpsid_qct.dll is indeed there. Any ideas?

mardukeme 05-08-2008 12:06 AM

Re: GPS & standby mode

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiermann (Post 275292)
I'm getting the same problem with a custom sprint rom i'm working with. When I go to load GPD0 in dotfred it says "System cannot find the file specified".. this is with the latest dll set you posted. gpsid_qct.dll is indeed there. Any ideas?

The only time I had that issue with GPD0 starting, is I used the wrong, or had a corrupt gpsid_qct.dl. Try deleting it and recopy the dll back to the phone.

gustco 05-08-2008 10:45 PM

Ok guys thanks for the fix. I installed the gps start cab using automatic install. I have a custom rom from OMJ with gps/reva and the titan radio. I had tried everything but this has been the only working solution for me. I didn't install the gps toggle and it works fine without it.

Cahl 05-09-2008 01:52 PM

I'm seeing 8+ sats but per GPS Viewer the signal strength for the majority of the sats is not over 25 and no fix. I'm outside, clear view of the horizon. The graphical intererface for the program shows all the sats sitting at the north pole.

I installed per method 1.

Prior to installation I did a fresh install of the latest Alltel ROM.

Is there any way to increase the sensitivity of the gps receiver? Should I be looking to a different server?

Currently HKLM/Software/HTC/SUPL AGPS ServerIP is 195.207.101.126 ServerPort 7788 and GPSMode is 4

arik 05-09-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cahl (Post 277119)
I'm seeing 8+ sats but per GPS Viewer the signal strength for the majority of the sats is not over 25 and no fix. I'm outside, clear view of the horizon. The graphical intererface for the program shows all the sats sitting at the north pole.

I installed per method 1.

Prior to installation I did a fresh install of the latest Alltel ROM.

Is there any way to increase the sensitivity of the gps receiver? Should I be looking to a different server?

Currently HKLM/Software/HTC/SUPL AGPS ServerIP is 195.207.101.126 ServerPort 7788 and GPSMode is 4

I have been having the same problems since the new ROM was released. IRight now, I can see 11 Sats (for at least 20 min), but no lock. Have the same settings too as you, with the same results.
Could somebody please give me (us) some possible ideas of why this may be happening?
I see many people find the GPS to work really well, and a few of us are not.
What could we be missing/doing differently?

arik 05-14-2008 09:27 PM

ok... I think I was just being impatient. I can connect, but it takes a long *** time. Also, after I installed Holux GPS Viewer, I got a connection much much faster when outside. I never timed it, but it has to be well under a minute. Also when running I seem to keep a lock when going inside, where I was never able to get anything but a few bouncing sats before. This now works well enough to us in the real world, instead of just a gimik that needs a lot of work.
If you are having trouble try Holux GPS Viewer. Go out side (just to prove it can work). Once you get a connection, do not close it, and open Google maps or what ever your other GPS program is.
Also, I have been able to get my GPS working when using a baud rate of 38400, not just 4800... I leave at 4800 just to keep everything on the same settings... It doesn't seem to work any better or worse on either baud rate. If anybody gets different results, please let me know.
Hope this helps!

ScrapMaker 05-19-2008 01:39 AM

Mine works the same at 152000 as well.

Has anyone figured out how to make the GPS work good enough to be a viable solution for navigation?

I find it to be a roll of the dice as to whether or not I EVER get a lock. Sometimes it's 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes, or never... I have tried three different radios, about 6 different ROMS, and every driver/reg/primer/setting I could throw at the problem. At best, this is still a gimmick. When compared side-by-side with a real GPS unit like my TomTom, it's a joke. I really want this to work!