PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   DCD's 1.0.4 ROM and Kitchen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23684)

Scooter_in_WI 04-09-2008 02:34 PM

DCD's 1.0.4 ROM and Kitchen

1 Attachment(s)
DCD has just updated his already great ROM to 1.0.4 and included a kitchen. You can add or remove anything including the cube! He has set the page pool to 16MB and it runs very fast. I have had this running all morning without any issues at all.

Version: WM 6.1 CE OS 5.2.19209 Build 19209.1.0.2
Platforms: Alltel, Bell, Sprint, Telus
Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...errerid=341894

Not taking credit at all. Just making notice of a great ROM. Thanks DCD!

boggsie 04-09-2008 02:59 PM

Re: DCD's 1.0.4 ROM and Kitchen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter_in_WI (Post 245189)
DCD has just updated his already great ROM to 1.0.4 and included a kitchen. You can add or remove anything including the cube! He has set the page pool to 16MB and it runs very fast. I have had this running all morning without any issues at all.

Version: WM 6.1 CE OS 5.2.19209 Build 19209.1.0.2
Platforms: Alltel, Bell, Sprint, Telus
Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...errerid=341894

Not taking credit at all. Just making notice of a great ROM. Thanks DCD!

I knew this would make you happy.

As soon as he posted in XDA, I sent him a PM with the same reply you gave me in your thread: YIPPIEE !!

This stripped-down rom, coupled with User Customization is the b-o-m-b, or whatever they say these days. :mrgreen:

fowen 04-09-2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggsie (Post 245231)
I knew this would make you happy.

As soon as he posted in XDA, I sent him a PM with the same reply you gave me in your thread: YIPPIEE !!

This stripped-down rom, coupled with User Customization is the b-o-m-b, or whatever they say these days. :mrgreen:

I flashed with DCD's last revision and I like everything BUT the dialer he has included. It doesn't function the same as the stock or the ones in everyone elses rom. Other then that I have had a few lockups but not many. The addition of the kiten is amazing!

THunDA 04-10-2008 12:58 AM

I just downloaded this and looked at it. Its awsome that there are so many oem's included.

njakobs 04-10-2008 06:08 PM

Sorry very newbie question here.

I have downloaded DCD's Kitchen. But can't workout how to start using it. Ie To build the rom I want. Can some one point me to a thread about using kitchens. I have done a few searches but don't seem to be able to find anything that details the steps.

Thanks

bparvin 04-10-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njakobs (Post 246412)
Sorry very newbie question here.

I have downloaded DCD's Kitchen. But can't workout how to start using it. Ie To build the rom I want. Can some one point me to a thread about using kitchens. I have done a few searches but don't seem to be able to find anything that details the steps.

Thanks

Here ya go:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=18745

That should get you in the right direction

mrnamster 04-11-2008 08:03 PM

This ROM is fast IMO.

Very clean too.

A must flash for all Vogue users!

fowen 04-14-2008 02:30 PM

I am trying to download it from his link and I keep getting a error 500 message.

Anyone have a alternative link?

ryanbg 04-14-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowen (Post 249629)
I am trying to download it from his link and I keep getting a error 500 message.

Anyone have a alternative link?

Same. Server keeps throwing errors for all the links. If anyone could upload or send ASAP that would be wonderful!

earthdan 04-14-2008 07:19 PM

hey noob question but can I take my existing rom and use the DCD kitchen to change what I want? (I have the rom as an nbh file),

thanks!

ryanbg 04-14-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earthdan (Post 249901)
hey noob question but can I take my existing rom and use the DCD kitchen to change what I want? (I have the rom as an nbh file),

thanks!

Sorry, nope! A kitchen is somewhat of a clean ROM that you can add all your own custom applications and settings and what not to. You can't take another ROM and use it as far as I know.

earthdan 04-14-2008 09:11 PM

ah ok thanks for the reply

imneveral0ne 04-14-2008 09:41 PM

when it says no radio is included, does that mean i gotta find one o.O

ryanbg 04-14-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imneveral0ne (Post 250026)
when it says no radio is included, does that mean i gotta find one o.O

No, if you have a functional Vogue right now, you won't need a radio. The only reason you would need one is if you wanted to upgrade or downgrade your radio.

Torx 04-14-2008 10:02 PM

one question..

are there any lockups?? lockups during use or pie/opera mini??

ryanbg 04-14-2008 10:50 PM

FYI to all, jim256 uploaded to his folder in users, in the folder vogue on the ftp! the kitchen is now available. be sure to thank him!

RussMuscle 04-14-2008 11:08 PM

thanks jim!

Scooter_in_WI 04-15-2008 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torx (Post 250042)
one question..

are there any lockups?? lockups during use or pie/opera mini??

Don't use opera but I haven't had a single lock up yet. So far, so good.

Torx 04-15-2008 07:16 AM

cool,

geez, it hasnt even been a week on this revert stock rom, and im already flashing this kitchen custom rom!! that didnt last long!

thank you jim!! i got this puppy stripped! cant wait to see .. ahahaha!!! F-U touchflo!! youre gone!! forever!!! woohoo!!!

EDIT: i have two backlight settings icons, and two task managers.. i only need one of each. With all sounds turned off, EVERYTHING, i still get a little beep when going to an empty call history.. is this supposed to be normal for this high of build?? Also, what is the OEM for the vogue skinned dialer? im getting the classic dialer skin with this flash, MAN this rom is FAST!!!
startup time has decreased like mothafudda! like my phone is on crack. jrebeiros_esmertec_20071119.3.1 and the latest opera mini 4 is pretty choppy for some reason.. might be jrebiero esmertec.. might have to try out cloudy's next.

ryanbg 04-15-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torx (Post 250328)
cool,

geez, it hasnt even been a week on this revert stock rom, and im already flashing this kitchen custom rom!! that didnt last long!

thank you jim!! i got this puppy stripped! cant wait to see .. ahahaha!!! F-U touchflo!! youre gone!! forever!!! woohoo!!!

EDIT: i have two backlight settings icons, and two task managers.. i only need one of each. With all sounds turned off, EVERYTHING, i still get a little beep when going to an empty call history.. is this supposed to be normal for this high of build?? Also, what is the OEM for the vogue skinned dialer? im getting the classic dialer skin with this flash, MAN this rom is FAST!!!
startup time has decreased like mothafudda! like my phone is on crack. jrebeiros_esmertec_20071119.3.1 and the latest opera mini 4 is pretty choppy for some reason.. might be jrebiero esmertec.. might have to try out cloudy's next.

Glad things worked out for you! I worked on my own ROM last night, pieced it all together. I LOVE my phone. 26% memory use, all my favorite apps, all built in. It's SO NICE! I love this kitchen. Can't wait for the next build.

boggsie 04-15-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanbg (Post 250535)
Glad things worked out for you! I worked on my own ROM last night, pieced it all together. I LOVE my phone. 26% memory use, all my favorite apps, all built in. It's SO NICE! I love this kitchen. Can't wait for the next build.

hmmm ... "can't wait for the next build"

What are you hoping to see in the next build? If it is additional OEM's, you can do this by downloading the PPCKitchenOEMs and dropping what you want into the OEM folder.

boggsie 04-15-2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earthdan (Post 249901)

thanks!

It depends on what you mean by Change ...

You can use the Vogue_Kitchen_Tools.rar (expands into an empty kitchen) and then use PrepIt.bat to decompose your RUU_signed.nbh file into the kitchen. Then you can add OEMs into your OEM directory from PPC Kitchen or DCDs Kitchen. So, adding is generally pretty easy. But then you aren't using DCD's base, you are only using is as a donor for OEMs that you'd like to add to your existing base.

ryanbg 04-15-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggsie (Post 250551)
hmmm ... "can't wait for the next build"

What are you hoping to see in the next build? If it is additional OEM's, you can do this by downloading the PPCKitchenOEMs and dropping what you want into the OEM folder.

As in Windows CE OS and Build Number. 19209 is awesome, but I wonder what the next build will have in store for us.

ryanbg 04-15-2008 04:42 PM

By the way, would anyone be interested in my cooked rom? If anyone is, let me know. It's fairly similar to stock, has most of the HTC programs, no sprint customizations, no cube, quickmenu, dopewars, hearts, total commander, and a few others

Torx 04-15-2008 07:21 PM

lockup after 22 minutes in opera mini 4
im switching to cloudy's esmertec to see if that has any effect

Red49er 04-15-2008 09:49 PM

ryan-
I personally am not interested (I like the cube/touchflo), but you should make a new thread with a full list of whats installed and whats removed...there are flash addicts out there that will try anything once ;)

p.s. Maybe they would be called ROM addicts

ryanbg 04-15-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red49er (Post 251117)
ryan-
I personally am not interested (I like the cube/touchflo), but you should make a new thread with a full list of whats installed and whats removed...there are flash addicts out there that will try anything once ;)

p.s. Maybe they would be called ROM addicts

Thanks for the encouragement.:headbang: I think as soon as I finish using it for a while, and determine how stable and fast it is, I might release it. So far, 0 lockups.

THunDA 04-16-2008 08:10 PM

Ive been messing with this kitchen and its pretty cool.. I have a question though, on the today screen there's a plug in (I guess thats what its called) that displays whether bluetooth is on or off and when I tap it.. it brings me to the com manager..

Does anyone know what thats called ? I'd like to find a cab for it..

Thanks

Torx 04-16-2008 08:49 PM

woke up today with my cellphone lcd screen on, it mustve been on for hours because the phone itself was hot. I pressed a button, nothing happened, and realized it had been locked up for no telling how long..

i reset, then after the boot logo it shut off.. i ended up plugging in the charger because the batt was completely dead.

be careful using this rom and kitchen..

boggsie 04-16-2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torx (Post 252160)
woke up today with my cellphone lcd screen on, it mustve been on for hours because the phone itself was hot. I pressed a button, nothing happened, and realized it had been locked up for no telling how long..

i reset, then after the boot logo it shut off.. i ended up plugging in the charger because the batt was completely dead.

Quite honestly, I am of the opinion (based on personal experience and observation) that _all_ of the (Touch / Vogue) ROMs that mingle the Sprint OEM WM6 ROM and WM61 components, suffer from some level of unpredictable stability issues.

That's not to say I am recommending this over another ROM / Kitchen, as any of them that mingle the WM6 and WM61 components, are (probably) going to have some level of instability.

Personally, I have turned my attention to findiing a stripped-down ROM, based solely on the original WM6 OEM ROM from Sprint (w/ User Customization). I can add what I want via User Customization.

Best regards,
-boggsie

Pocketdoc 04-16-2008 10:51 PM

Waiting patiently for a Verizon update for my brand new XV6900...

ryanbg 04-16-2008 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THunDA (Post 252134)
Ive been messing with this kitchen and its pretty cool.. I have a question though, on the today screen there's a plug in (I guess thats what its called) that displays whether bluetooth is on or off and when I tap it.. it brings me to the com manager..

Does anyone know what thats called ? I'd like to find a cab for it..

Thanks

In the Today/Items it's called Wireless Plugin. hope that helps

ryanbg 04-16-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torx (Post 252160)

For some reason, my radio keeps shutting off/airplane mode randomly. it's annoying and has stopped since I took off the wireless today plugin. hmm. other than that things are ok.

THunDA 04-17-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanbg (Post 252298)
In the Today/Items it's called Wireless Plugin. hope that helps

Thanks ! I started searching for what you mentioned and came up with this reg edit..

http://www.aximsite.com/boards/tips-...ay-plugin.html

Torx 04-17-2008 04:15 AM

yea..

well im not gonna say this kitchen/rom is completely garbage, because its pretty awesome and i appreciate jim and everyone elses work.. hell i had alot of stuff taken out so no telling what mightve caused it, an oem or something.. im just putting it out there that something odd can happen with it if you take out too much

heatbball 04-17-2008 08:39 AM

i have not had one lockup yet with this rom! been running it for a week, however i have soft reset it a few times ( i guess a habit from switching from mogul)

ryanbg 04-17-2008 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THunDA (Post 252323)
Thanks ! I started searching for what you mentioned and came up with this reg edit..

http://www.aximsite.com/boards/tips-...ay-plugin.html

Glad I could help :)

RobNyc 04-17-2008 07:19 PM

The Sprint link is down

boggsie 04-17-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torx (Post 252399)
yea..

well im not gonna say this kitchen/rom is completely garbage, because its pretty awesome and i appreciate jim and everyone elses work.. hell i had alot of stuff taken out so no telling what mightve caused it, an oem or something.. im just putting it out there that something odd can happen with it if you take out too much

You could certainly have a point there.

It seems to me that every one of the WM6.1 hybrid efforts suffers from some level of unpredictable or sporadic instability, once you start to load up applications.

Of course, WM6.0 is guilty of leaking memory like a sieve.

Decisions ... decisions

ryanbg 04-18-2008 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobNyc (Post 253073)
The Sprint link is down

It's in Jim256's folder :) The DCD Sprint ROM, that is.