PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   DCD's 1.0.4 ROM and Kitchen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23684)

ptfdmedic 04-18-2008 09:25 AM

Re: DCD's 1.0.4 ROM and Kitchen

I just flashed the new rom. I cooked it in his kitchen. The only thing I added was touchflo and cube back. Seems really nice. The only problem is that the contacts page of the cube is broken. You cannot do anything with it.... Any suggestions?? Sweet kitchen though and rom.. I am just a cube fan...

Rob

boggsie 04-18-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 253486)
I just flashed the new rom. I cooked it in his kitchen. The only thing I added was touchflo and cube back. Seems really nice. The only problem is that the contacts page of the cube is broken. You cannot do anything with it.... Any suggestions?? Sweet kitchen though and rom.. I am just a cube fan...
Rob

DCDs kitchen certainly is fantastic and flexible. One of the biggest advantages (IMHO) is the ability to OMIT the Cube. Unfortunately, DCD does not have a Touch / Vogue, so he can't do more thorough testing of the various configurations. A few folks did some testing, but I know in my case, I don't like the Cube, so I never tested that item.

If you happen to like the Cube, you may want to try out OMJs v.8 ROM, which he released, earlier this week.

Best regards,
-boggsie

ptfdmedic 04-18-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggsie (Post 253525)
DCDs kitchen certainly is fantastic and flexible. One of the biggest advantages (IMHO) is the ability to OMIT the Cube. Unfortunately, DCD does not have a Touch / Vogue, so he can't do more thorough testing of the various configurations. A few folks did some testing, but I know in my case, I don't like the Cube, so I never tested that item.

If you happen to like the Cube, you may want to try out OMJs v.8 ROM, which he released, earlier this week.

Best regards,
-boggsie

Are you using without the cube and touch flo. Do you get any errors when a gesture is made. Or is everything completely removed. You make a good point. The cube really is more of a novelty. I never use it occasionally I use the touchflo but its more because I can....

boggsie 04-18-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 253554)
Are you using without the cube and touch flo. Do you get any errors when a gesture is made. Or is everything completely removed. You make a good point. The cube really is more of a novelty. I never use it occasionally I use the touchflo but its more because I can....

At the moment, I can't speak to the existance of that particular error, because I'm not using a rom based out of DCDs Kitchen.

Well, if you look at my posts, it might seem that I'm running every rom out there, because you'll see me posting in many of the threads for the various chef's and cookers. Generally my comments are positive, because there is something to like in all of their efforts. I only mention this for context. Just in case you see something by me in another thread. :drunken:

Right now, I am using OMJ's v.8 based on the Sprint OEM ROM. However, OMJ ported in the requisite elements of another donor ROM (CE OS 5.2.19716 BUILD 19716.1.0.0) vs. DCDs (CE OS 5.2.19199 BUILD 19199.1.0.0). =D>

If you want to disable the cube on a ROM, do a search here "disable cube" and I'm sure that more than a few of threads will come up. It involves a registry change and if you are really thorough, replacing the existing ROM files with empty ones. In my case, with OMJs v.8 ROM, disabling the cube recovered around 8mb of program RAM.

RobNyc 04-18-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanbg (Post 253475)
It's in Jim256's folder :) The DCD Sprint ROM, that is.

How can i find that :-p

boggsie 04-18-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobNyc (Post 253623)
How can i find that :-p

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/ji...0.4_sprint.exe

ptfdmedic 04-18-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggsie (Post 253582)
At the moment, I can't speak to the existance of that particular error, because I'm not using a rom based out of DCDs Kitchen.

Well, if you look at my posts, it might seem that I'm running every rom out there, because you'll see me posting in many of the threads for the various chef's and cookers. Generally my comments are positive, because there is something to like in all of their efforts. I only mention this for context. Just in case you see something by me in another thread. :drunken:

Right now, I am using OMJ's v.8 based on the Sprint OEM ROM. However, OMJ ported in the requisite elements of another donor ROM (CE OS 5.2.19716 BUILD 19716.1.0.0) vs. DCDs (CE OS 5.2.19199 BUILD 19199.1.0.0). =D>

If you want to disable the cube on a ROM, do a search here "disable cube" and I'm sure that more than a few of threads will come up. It involves a registry change and if you are really thorough, replacing the existing ROM files with empty ones. In my case, with OMJs v.8 ROM, disabling the cube recovered around 8mb of program RAM.

I know how to disable the cube but it had sounded like you were using it. So I thought I would ask. I was just questioning whether it was completely removed or just disabled... Thanks for your response. I might check out OMJ's latest. I like them as clean as possible so I can just add what I want. Thanks for all your information..

thejinx0r 04-18-2008 03:15 PM

Is there a mirror for the Bell version of the rom?

The fileshex one on XDA doesn't work...

boggsie 04-18-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejinx0r (Post 253785)
Is there a mirror for the Bell version of the rom?

The fileshex one on XDA doesn't work...

I don't believe there is a ROM that has been pre-built for Bell.

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/jim256%20-%20jim2561/

The full kitchen is in the directory and if you are so inclined, you could use the kitchen to build a rom for your carrier.

RobNyc 04-18-2008 03:43 PM

This thing is def the fastest thing .. but why is it so clean like no HTC stuff (Home Plugin) etc what can I use as replacement ?