PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Cook your own Custom Touch ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=18745)

yvesgazin 04-19-2008 08:33 PM

Re: Cook your own Custom Touch ROM

BuildOS won't run. I'm getting the classic '... encountered and problem... report to MS yes/no..." window/

I'm running windows xp tablet edition service pack 2

Any ideas?

Yves

640k 05-02-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yvesgazin (Post 254541)
BuildOS won't run. I'm getting the classic '... encountered and problem... report to MS yes/no..." window/

I'm running windows xp tablet edition service pack 2

Any ideas?

Yves

If you're getting an error running BuildOS, you didn't follow the directions and skipped right to running BuildOS. First you have to extract the kitchen into the tools folder, then you can run BuildOS.

OMJ, the batch file needs some TLC. I'm editing it to trap for errors. Mine crashed during the building process and if a n00b went to flash their phone with the RUU, they'd probably brick their phone.

640k 05-02-2008 02:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
BuildOS isn't creating the input.nbh file for me. I searched my entire drive and its not getting created anywhere. Did I leave out a step?

According the batch file, the input.nbh file should be located in the root of the kitchen folder you're working in. This isn't the case. BuildOS does something and then no file is produced. Is something backwards in the batch?

I modified the batch file because it doesn't trap for errors and a n00b could cause some serious damage to their phone if they're not paying attention.

OMJ 05-02-2008 05:00 PM

BuildOS does not create an input.nbh......1st, let's start from the beginning...which kitchen version are you using, stock, basekit or the version with no .nbh? The stock & basekit already have the input.nbh & prepit has already been done. The 3rd kitchen does not have a .nbh you will have to provide, then rename to input.nbh, then run prepit.

BuildOS creates the dump, it actually creates the temp folder, and the dump folder is inside the temp.

Buildit uses the dump to create the rom, then copies the flashable RUU_signed.nbh in the RUU folder.

not sure why you would need to edit buildit

Quote:

Originally Posted by 640k (Post 269547)
BuildOS isn't creating the input.nbh file for me. I searched my entire drive and its not getting created anywhere. Did I leave out a step?

According the batch file, the input.nbh file should be located in the root of the kitchen folder you're working in. This isn't the case. BuildOS does something and then no file is produced. Is something backwards in the batch?

I modified the batch file because it doesn't trap for errors and a n00b could cause some serious damage to their phone if they're not paying attention.

rstoyguy 05-02-2008 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 640k (Post 269547)

PrepIt.bat is the one that renames your *.nbh to input.nbh in your kitchen root directory. I don't see any need to edit the batch files, they work just marvously by themselves already. Unless your wanting to mess up something...

yaco 05-11-2008 12:14 PM

OMJ,

I've always used your kitchen to customize my roms. However, when using any of the new Sprint ROMs, once the device is flashed it always gets stuck in the HTC screen after reboots for the first time... even if I don't change anything on ROM (just prepit, buildos and builtit) the new ROM will get stuck. Help?

rstoyguy 05-11-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaco (Post 279235)
OMJ,

I've always used your kitchen to customize my roms. However, when using any of the new Sprint ROMs, once the device is flashed it always gets stuck in the HTC screen after reboots for the first time... even if I don't change anything on ROM (just prepit, buildos and builtit) the new ROM will get stuck. Help?

Here is the fix.... Use the ppckitchen and create a "clean" rom and flash it. I was then able to use omj's kitchen and flash a bootable rom. I used omj's latest creation OMJ.WM6.1.GPS.Sprint.NEW.Custom.exe and it booted up fine. Not sure why the ppckitchen caused this, may be some sort of....I do not want to guess and get flamed. But flash away yaco!

yaco 05-11-2008 08:23 PM

hmm... thanks.. this kinda sucks though.. anyway, i'm just going to use the ppckitchen for now until there's another kitchen that will allow me to edit ROMS based on the new sprint rom.

Whosdaman 05-11-2008 08:34 PM

It says I don't have access to the kitchen, the first link in your post

rstoyguy 05-11-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whosdaman (Post 279584)
It says I don't have access to the kitchen, the first link in your post

Do you mean the actual kitchen? Try this link... to go directly to omj's ftp.