PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 12:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: hero
Carrier: sprint

rikk0 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheixe View Post
well i been playing with the new rom installed, and i found a lil problem. my internet explorer doesnt open. it opens and closes by itself.. any ideas?
thanks
Ditto. I'm having the same problem. I did a hard reset after installing the ROM too. What's the deal. If I can't use PIE, I gotta go back to the stock ROM pronto. Thanks
Old 12-30-2007, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

doubleu is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikk0 View Post
Ditto. I'm having the same problem. I did a hard reset after installing the ROM too. What's the deal. If I can't use PIE, I gotta go back to the stock ROM pronto. Thanks
speaking of, where does one get the sprint stock rom?
Old 12-30-2007, 05:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: "THE NOW NETWORK"

Ya Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Ya Boi D
Im a noob with custom ROM's....If I want or need to go back to the original ROM, what would I need to do? Hard reset & it will go back to the original ROM or re-install the original Sprint Touch ROM from someone kind enough to post it?
Old 12-30-2007, 06:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
Im a noob with custom ROM's....If I want or need to go back to the original ROM, what would I need to do? Hard reset & it will go back to the original ROM or re-install the original Sprint Touch ROM from someone kind enough to post it?
nope you will need to reflash the rom. go to htcamerica.com and you will find the rom there
Old 12-30-2007, 06:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc vouge
Carrier: sprint

lutzik is a n00b
I like your rom for touch just as same as for mogul, great work.
Some problems. Resco pocket radio, shows only speed selection and then closes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheixe View Post
well i been playing with the new rom installed, and i found a lil problem. my internet explorer doesnt open. it opens and closes by itself.. any ideas?
thanks
Internet explorer crashes aswell, maybe because of the PIE plus. If you remove the PIE from the remove programs in the settings the EI will work fine.
Touch has a new large start menu which doesn't play well with quickMenu, you can't open the large menu only, the quickMenu will show up.
Also i am not so sure touch needs the pokcetcm contacts, since the stack contacts is not bad. And the sms option of pocketsm will crash it on openning. Could be a conflict with the threaded palm sms. Hope there is a workaround since i like them both.
Also when openning threated sms from the htc home menu on the first page, for some reason it will open the regular massenger inbox and only then the threaded sms. Makking you have to close both of them when you are done. But if opened from the programs list, opens only by itself. And, btw, nice theme on htc home, much better than on mogul At least i can tell the time now
That's all so far. Thanks so much for your hard work.

Last edited by lutzik; 12-30-2007 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Bell Touch

BeenTouched is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean View Post
Hi,

I understand that this is for Sprint Vogue. I have a Bell Canada's Vogue (CDMA). Can I use this?

Also, if I use this rom, would I lost my voice+data plan with Bell and ended using sprint voice+data plan? I mean this is CDMA...

Thanks and forgive my ignorance if I'm totally out there...

You should not have any problem connecting to Bell. I flashed my device with the Sprint ROM by CokeMan and Latissimo, although the Latissimo's ROM show an update Radio, I am able to use my Bell network (voice+data+txt+etc...) without any problem at all... the only changes are sprint-based software. One thing to is your data connection. The device will "Sprint PCS" rather than the regular "Data Connection" as Bell has it...just a naming thing as u'll actually connecting to Bell's data network instead

I'm gon' give the JD's ROM a test drive in a bid (downloading it) and will report back .....u may PM if you have questions

Last edited by BeenTouched; 12-30-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Lurker

BeenTouched is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt19 View Post
nope you will need to reflash the rom. go to htcamerica.com and you will find the rom there
Matt, I believe you meant to direct the user to http://america.htc.com ?
Old 12-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Lurker

BeenTouched is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean View Post
Hi,

I understand that this is for Sprint Vogue. I have a Bell Canada's Vogue (CDMA). Can I use this?

Also, if I use this rom, would I lost my voice+data plan with Bell and ended using sprint voice+data plan? I mean this is CDMA...

Thanks and forgive my ignorance if I'm totally out there...

Flashed the device with JD's ROM, process was like a charm. Now comes the time to put it to the test.

-- Congrats JD

-- CoolBean; I flashed this ROM on a Bell device and all's working good. Voice is good...and Data (since both Sprint and Bell "dials" the same #777 to connect the Data network) is working just like a charm; it's just called "Sprint PCS" as I mentionned before
Old 12-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: telus utstarcom6700

lips905 is a n00b
i flashed my touch with JD's rom ..Very nice.Is there a way to remove all of the sprint stuff since im with Telus .Also i have tried searching for telus rom but i cannot find it anywhere.Am I S.O.L do i have to wait till telus releases a rom update so that i can go back to telus rom?
Old 12-30-2007, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

doubleu is a n00b
is this the factory sprint rom?

http://www.utstarcom.com/pcd/downloa...31398_Ship.exe

edit: ack, i shoulda known the 'BM' in the filename stood for Bell Mobile, hehe......

Last edited by doubleu; 12-30-2007 at 02:29 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development