PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

p0fell0w is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvgeniX View Post
What was you problem with TP?
freezing up almost every night on the charger, auto restart at least 2 times a day, screen flickering
Old 10-12-2009, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: SP

EvgeniX is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0fell0w View Post
freezing up almost every night on the charger, auto restart at least 2 times a day, screen flickering
Thx I have all this too...

About TP2 I think you need just call them...
Old 10-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

It seems that I have had better luck in the 3rd party repair centers than in the actual corporate stores.

In the corporate stores they try "triage". In the 3rd party repair centers they automatically order a replacement.

Waiting for the TP2 to make it in stock so I can order my replacement.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 10-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Just reporting back.

I went to my local Sprint Store Fri night. Again, my issues are legitimate with the 3 Pro's I have on my account.

The tech was swampped with 14 phones to fix because they were so shorts handed.

Everyone in the store knows me except for this particular tech.

Needless to say, the swapped me for another TP1. He ordered a new one for me. One of the other guys who knows me told the tech to swap it out now for me just so I'm not without a working phone.

I got a refurb, which doesn't really bother me.

Anyways, the store was past closing.

I left and wouldn't ya know it, same probs with refurb as soon as I hit the parking lot.

Anyways, I went back to the store 1st thing Sat morning.

same people there as well as the others that I know. I still had the plastic protectors on the phone from last night.

They asked was I thinking about changing Handsets since I've replaced my phone so many times.

I said yeah. The offered me the BB Tour. I don't do BB. they offered me HTC Snap. I said no way.

They said well we can just order you a TP2 then since they don't have any in stock at this store.

I said cool.

The killer part is that Sunday, I went back in with the other 2 TP's and Diamond on my accout. All having legitimate probs.

The Techs simply said because it's me, they replaced the other 2 TP's with TP2's too. I should have them like Wed or so.

Finally, the Diamond is my sons. He replaced it with the HTC Hero (which they just put on display that same day)!

I'm a happy camper.

Last edited by Da Uniq 1; 10-12-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

p0fell0w is a n00b

anyone confirmed that they are back in stock?
Old 10-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

I feel for yall out there with legitimate problems with your TP, but it kills me when people complain about not getting their phone replaced with a TP2. Why do you feel like you're entitled to a free upgrade? EVERY PPC is going to have problems, that is just the bottom line. When they started replacing Moguls with TPs it was the same exact thing. Half of you probably got your TP for free at that time and now you want a free TP2!? And you know what, the same thing is going to happen when the next phone drops, all of a sudden your TP2 will be the worst phone ever made and you'll be demanding it get replaced with the latest and greatest.

If you want a problem free phone then you should stay away from PPCs and get a flip.

Thanks for reading my rant and have a good day!
Old 10-12-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: IPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

bfaber is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakidobf View Post
I feel for yall out there with legitimate problems with your TP, but it kills me when people complain about not getting their phone replaced with a TP2. Why do you feel like you're entitled to a free upgrade? EVERY PPC is going to have problems, that is just the bottom line. When they started replacing Moguls with TPs it was the same exact thing. Half of you probably got your TP for free at that time and now you want a free TP2!? And you know what, the same thing is going to happen when the next phone drops, all of a sudden your TP2 will be the worst phone ever made and you'll be demanding it get replaced with the latest and greatest.

If you want a problem free phone then you should stay away from PPCs and get a flip.

I always find it odd people post with, "I've had 82 separate phones and they all suck!", with those statistics, I'd see the same issue, yet I've not had any problems with my last 4 Sprint phones... first one, every time works fine.

I've always considered these 'real problems' anything but...

'My 2 cents
Old 10-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfaber View Post
I always find it odd people post with, "I've had 82 separate phones and they all suck!", with those statistics, I'd see the same issue, yet I've not had any problems with my last 4 Sprint phones... first one, every time works fine.

I've always considered these 'real problems' anything but...

'My 2 cents
if the TP wasnt a troubled phone, why would sprint be so eager to get customers moved from that device to another device? reading all i have read, from day one there have been issues. crackling chrome, overheating, poor video playback, keyboard failures, screens that seem to have an oil slick on them. need i go on?

sprint is trying its best to put this behind them and do right by the customer. if there are some people scamming, then shame on them. for the ones who are truly cursed by the choice of a TP. enjoy your new device and do sprint and yourself a favor. sign some new customers up (you get $50 for every one)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakidobf View Post

Have you ever been invited to a party and the hostes says fill free make your self at home dont be shy?

well thats pretty much what sprint did why would they say the TP2 is a acceptable replacement phone for tp1 who knows who cares the tp1 is a faulty device sprint is offering the bigger brother. Thats what people like you and corporate stores need to get throught thier thick fkn skulls is it dosnt really matter what you think its in black and white give me what you said i can have im not being shy and i appreciate sprint for doing this for thier customers its thier employees who have a problem with this new policy and thats just to fkn bad!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Does anyone have a picture of what was on that thread at howardforums. I want to go to the sprint service center tomorrow and I want to have it handy just incase they try to feed me some bs.

Thanks

ModmyPPC
good idea because they dissed me and i even should them the memo and they said i already read that your getting a brand new tp thats all i can do we have policies, and i said your not hearing me this is your policy i have the right to refuse your new TP offer and then you have to offer me something else and he said no i dont so i got tec support on the phone and they didnt know shhhhhhhhhh well the guy i got didnt know shhhhhhhh so i just left and called tec support again>...calling....<

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro