PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 12:18 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to yearn
Re: getting a replacement from sprint...

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
update: here's a picture:
Ooooo!
You may have to do some sweet talkin to get it replaced under warranty.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 06-13-2009, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

neoshi is just getting started

From my experience, Sprint store checks the phone when you come in for TEP replacement. I went in for the keyboard and the tech checked to see if I dropped it because there's an Achilles heel corner that will cause a large crack across the screen and damage internal components. And that ding is BAD. You may have to pay the fee.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:43 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Threadstarter

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

the advanced smartphone tech support is sending me a new one and i have 15 days to send back mine. i'm just hoping i don't see a $100 charge on my account because of the ding.
like i said, i'm positive the fall didn't cause the keyboard problem because i used it for a long time afterward with no issues whatsoever. it just started a few days ago. maybe if i do get the charge, i'll call *2 and straight away ask to talk to a supervisor, then explain that to them... can't hurt to try, huh?
Old 06-13-2009, 03:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

Also check to see if your ESN was in the range of the phones with chrome issues, cuz i dropped mine from the couch to the floor and it got huge chips all over it. Once the chrome had been scrapped or cracked a bit, it flaked like there was no tomorrow.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:54 PM
the World Watcher
Threadstarter

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazybaz13 View Post
Also check to see if your ESN was in the range of the phones with chrome issues, cuz i dropped mine from the couch to the floor and it got huge chips all over it. Once the chrome had been scrapped or cracked a bit, it flaked like there was no tomorrow.
i checked that when it first happened awhile ago. (un)fortunately, mine isn't in that range but it's been like this for awhile and the chrome hasn't flaked past the original damage.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:13 PM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

d94 is just getting started

its easy to fix the keyboard, just unkrew and take the back off the phone, slide the keyboard out and pinch the spacebar hard..it'll start workin again

Mogul > Diamond FREE, $75 inconvenience credit
$42/mo 1250 min unlimited txt/data + TEP
<sprint tech>
Old 06-13-2009, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT

msl7052 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr88 View Post
It amazes me to see all of these nice stories about sprint. Everytime i've had to take in a phone,which happened the most with my Mogul, it was like twisting arms to get any help or anything. When the last time my 3rd mogul started doing all the same crap as the first 2 i had to threaten to pay for and cancel all our accounts just to get them to talk replacement phone. I got the touch pro and its been great till recently. The vibrator broke and it developed the water/oil spots on the screen. I took it in they fixed the vibrator and told me the screen was a noraml thing on the phones so they wouldn't swap it...suffice to say im switching companies as of next friday.
Sprint uses pretty much the exact same policies and procedures as AT & T and Verizion when it comes to service and repair. ive had them all and Sprints always been good to me
Old 06-16-2009, 12:17 AM
the World Watcher
Threadstarter

got my new TP today... looks really good for a refurb.... i'll keep you guys updated
Old 06-16-2009, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D + Vogue

leylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

was insurance neccessary for your replacement? what if i have the keyboard problem and not the insurance plan?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:32 AM
the World Watcher
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leylomo View Post
was insurance neccessary for your replacement? what if i have the keyboard problem and not the insurance plan?
i am going to wait a few days before i send in mine just in case i got a bum refurb in one way or another. when i send it back, i'll let you know if they tack on $100 on my bill :P

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
dead, keyboard, phone, touch pro, tp