PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (FRESH!)
Carrier: Sprint

tripflex is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tripflex
Sprint Touch Pro Problems, what to do now?

Alright here's the overview...

I'm on Sprint and have a Touch Pro. It is only like 6 months old and i've been having major problems with it. I use my phone for work and im on call a lot so any downtime is not an option.

The first problem i had was i was missing calls, phone would drop calls, battery was horrible, etc.

So i took my phone to sprint store and after about a million hours of waiting they gave me another one.

I'm having the SAME DAMN PROBLEMS! I've flashed the stock rom onto my old one and kept the stock rom on the new one they gave me. So i figured i would try flashing another rom to see if that would help.

Not at all. So now i spent 2 hours on the phone with Sprint and they are sending me ANOTHER touch pro...what do i have to do to my phone to send it back? I know i had to run that "unlocker" to flash the rom, but doing that didn't help any of my problems and now i have to send this one back to sprint. Do i have to "re-lock" the phone before i send it back?

I'm about at the point now where i'm just going to leave Sprint and go to Verizon. I've been having numerous problems with the touch pro and i know Verizon is offering the Touch Pro 2 at only $199 while sprint wants $350.

I'm at the end of my contract and i'm about fed up with wasting all my time with sprint, they are not going to help me get another phone so i really dont know where to go from here.

I'm guessing i just really have to make the decision when this new phone comes if i just want to go ahead and cancel my account with Sprint, especially since my contract is up. I mean i spent almost $130 a month with sprint and they are making no effort to help me...i'm not sure if all carriers are this way because i've been with Sprint my whole life but i'm pretty much done with them.

What do you guys suggest? I'm just hoping the Touch Pro 2 has some better upgrades that get rid of some of these problems i'm having.
Shared Hosting 20% Off Forever (Promo Code:PPCG20)
Old 09-08-2009, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724
Re: Sprint Touch Pro Problems, what to do now?

well the touch pro 2 is basically the same phone just a bigger screen really so not sure if thats going to solve your problems.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah but thing is, i love the phone so much i think it's worth giving it a try...the TP has just been too busy or non-responsive for me...hopefully the new one works a little better.

What about sending the phone back , what do i need to do?
Old 09-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i would keep replacing it. some of the refurbs out there aren't so bad.(some of them)
Old 09-08-2009, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Urufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good workUrufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good work

It would help if you told us what the problem is, you weren't real clear on that, maybe it's fixable. As for sending it back, flash the stock rom back to it then relock it and you're good.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
It would help if you told us what the problem is, you weren't real clear on that, maybe it's fixable. As for sending it back, flash the stock rom back to it then relock it and you're good.

Main problem is a lot of missed calls. The phone doesn't ring but i get a voicemail. Sometimes when im on the phone or when i end a phone conversation the phone will freeze up for a few seconds and then the signal will go completely out, after a minute or two the service will come back. Sometimes it says the call cannot be completed...those are the major problems.

I'll give the one they are sending me a try and go from there i guess
Old 09-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cracknac is a n00b

I bought a Blackberry Curve off of Ebay to test those waters. I was using a Mogul and then went to the Touch Pro. I have replaced 3 and am having small problems again. It is very frustrating and I have heard great things from my BB friends. Worth a shot I guess until a stable Windows phone is available.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah my girl has one, the only thing i like about it is somehow it automatically updated all her contacts info...like, put the company people worked for in her contacts, automatically....crazy. I'll probably stick with WM it's just a frustrating love/hate relationship that we have together :-\

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro