PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

auxny is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Big Question

Okay, Recently i've been using my Sprint Touch Pro with Energy Rom on it to tether my computer to share internet via USB. Im using the default Internet Sharing app on the phone. I read some posts where sprint is charging customers who tether if they dont have a tether plan. I've looked it up but all the posts i've seen are outdated. I was just wondering, does sprint currently charge for tethering? Even if I have an Everything Data 450 Plan? And if so, is their a way around t his?
Thanks guys!

And also, my account under data says Unlimited, it doesnt show a cap, so theoretically do I have a cap data transfer on my account? If say I downloaded like 100gb a month (just hypothetical) from tethering, can I be charged? the account clearly shows no cap, so just wondering. if so thats just plain stupid.

Last edited by auxny; 08-25-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750
Re: Big Question

ive found conflicting results when looking this up. It seems like in the situations where people ARE charged, they are using enormous ammounts of data per month (one person in a thread even said he was sharing through a router with the TP to all the computers in his house as his primary internet connection). I prefer to use wmwifirouter or the htc wifi sharing software instead of usb tethering. Best advice to be given here is to just check your plan each month. You have an everything plan so they cant charge you for extra data, so the MOST they could charge if they did charge you is whatever the tethering costs (20$ i think), and it could probably be argued with them whether or not your using it since you dont have it activated on your plan. All sprint should see from tethering is data usage.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Threadstarter

auxny is a n00b

I mean its not like i can add tethering to my sprint account. its not an option as a pack or add on for a monthly thing.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:44 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

first, its $15 a month for PAM... absolutely everything customers cant even add that if they wanted too, its not allowed..

2nd, you do technically have a 5gb soft cap....

3rd, i dont think ive read about a Sprint customer getting charged..

4th, if you hit a 100gb in 1 month, thats about the most excessive ive read about, if you did actually hit that sometime in the future... ive read a few people in the 20gb-50gb range, but they all know that to do it every single month...

5th, hopefully its not your primary method of internet, as youll get way up in GBs over a month if it is..

6th, dont sweat it... Sprint seems not to care a whole lot if we do it or not... but yes, technically there is a cap, and a plan for it..

7th, if you want more options for tethering, click the link in my sig

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro