PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja
touch pro: worst battery life in the history of WM?

i took my TP off the charger and in 5 minutes the battery was already down to 95%. Made a quick 3 minute phone call and battery went down to 90%

By noon this afternoon it will probably be around 70% without using it at all and getting a full signal.

i think im gona have to take a trip to the sprint store and see if they will give me a new battery considering ive only had the TP for about 3 months

I don't even have a data plan and use the modaco NO data app to make sure it doesnt try to get data. wifi and bluetooth are off as well.

any ideas on how i can get a decent amount of battery life out of this thing?
my old Mogul lasted me about 2-3 days with just making phone calls and using wifi for a few minutes at a time to just check email. This TP won't even last me an entire day!!!

its a good thing i didnt cancel my TEP yet, might just try for an HTC Hero once it comes out.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:08 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: touch pro: worst battery life in the history of WM?

I get pretty decent battery life.... I can go a 12 hour shift at work using really heavily... not using it stays at 100 % like forever... I could take it off the charger before i go to bed and when i wake up 10 hours later, itll still be 100.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:12 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

op, check your backlight settings. put them on the lowest setting and watch out for bluetooth or data connection being turned on.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja

im going to try flashing to a different rom and see if maybe that does anything.
id really hate to lose this Energy Rom, so far its the best one ive found.

the only time i use bluetooth is if im going on a long trip (not driving) and use my bluetooth headphones.
and my backlight is already set to its lowest setting, the TP drops battery life without the screen even being on.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

I have the latest Energy ROM too (which is awesome by the way) and my battery dies incredibly fast. I can go through 2 full batteries with charging in between and still have a dead phone by the end of the day. I just realized my data connection was always on and so I set it to turn off in 2 minutes so lets see if that helps.

p.s. This is my first post! Ive been a lurker for a bit but never got around to posting. Go ME!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

sho0z is keeping up the good worksho0z is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratedninja View Post
i took my TP off the charger and in 5 minutes the battery was already down to 95%. Made a quick 3 minute phone call and battery went down to 90%

By noon this afternoon it will probably be around 70% without using it at all and getting a full signal.

i think im gona have to take a trip to the sprint store and see if they will give me a new battery considering ive only had the TP for about 3 months

I don't even have a data plan and use the modaco NO data app to make sure it doesnt try to get data. wifi and bluetooth are off as well.

any ideas on how i can get a decent amount of battery life out of this thing?
my old Mogul lasted me about 2-3 days with just making phone calls and using wifi for a few minutes at a time to just check email. This TP won't even last me an entire day!!!

its a good thing i didnt cancel my TEP yet, might just try for an HTC Hero once it comes out.

i think its your rom dude...ive noticed with psyki's new rom and energy rom i can go 8-10 hours with pretty heavy texting, light browsing. try that and a different radio...see if that helps.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

I've learned to live with the battery life on the TP definitely check your backlight settings.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rcubed3r is just getting started

My battery life is pretty decent UNLESS I am somewhere that does not have a good signal. Then it is unbelievable how fast it drains.

Ron
Old 08-22-2009, 10:44 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Id say its the battery or rom..... Also ame sure My Location is off.... thatll suck some life also....
Old 08-22-2009, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Imagio/ Alltel Touch Pro/ VZW Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

bam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good work

I used one of the earlier Energy Roms & absolutely loved it. But I found the battery drain too much for me (battery drain was exactly like the o.p. described). Reading through the posts on his rom, it was known that the battery life would suffer with such a fast rom. It was built for speed, not battery life. Alot of people in the forum would complain about it for some reason, but it looked to me like it worked as advertised. Energy made no claims on great battery life. I don't know if this has changed since his recent builds.

Since I wanted better battery life, I played with different Roms until I found Nightraven's winmo 6.5 1.9 worked best for me (I'm on an alltell touch pro). Was a good compromise on performance & battery life. Haven't tried his later releases because I am happy with my current install after much tweaking. Guess I'm not a flashaholic

You might have to do the same...try a few different roms until you are satisfied.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro