PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Dumped my touch pro!! Best thing ever! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78170)

HBOOT 08-06-2009 05:12 PM

Re: Dumped my touch pro!! Best thing ever!

DUUUUDES, Pro isnt for everyone, only the strongest:mrgreen:

dschoenike 08-06-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB (Post 1085599)
DUUUUDES, Pro isnt for everyone, only the strongest:mrgreen:

well said HB, thanks :)

mlin 08-06-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 1085582)
I have a Touch Pro... My hubby has the Pre...

It is a cool phone. Feels relatively solid... I think is phone is 'neat'. It has a lot of stuff out there. "Homebrew" apps... and such. He is really enjoying it. Where the WinMo phones he had either frustrated him or he just never really used to their potential.

I am curious about the Pre. If I have another keyboard fail on my pro... I may jump ship... but I think I could become bored with the pre... So jumping ship is not a solid decision yet.

I have a Pre and I've gotten a little bored with it at times. It's new though and the potential for hacking and customizing is huge IMO so I'll wait pateintly. I currently still own a Diamond and previously had a TP before giving it to my wife. I say a failing TP keyboard far surpasses the garbage keyboard they put on the Pre! Unless your hands are the size of 3 year olds, it sucks.

HBOOT 08-06-2009 06:25 PM

i dont think HTC is pushing out a solid enough kb for everyday use, i dont use mine and never had prob . I still have my first Mogul and first TP from 08

zepsamsung 08-06-2009 06:34 PM

I have the TP and I love it. A lot of you who have all these problems with it, cause them yourself with all your cooked roms and apps. I have aton of tweaks and apps and my phone works great, no issues except for the dialer and missed voicemail, which Sprint will be releasing a wm6.5 update in the fall to fix. That is why Sprint has not released any updates except for the picture mail fix and update to Sprint TV. With heavy use, my battery will last almost all day. I have a few tweaks for my battery and I charge my phone with the phone off after letting it die.

RicoRich196 08-06-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zepsamsung (Post 1085828)
I have the TP and I love it. A lot of you who have all these problems with it, cause them yourself with all your cooked roms and apps. I have aton of tweaks and apps and my phone works great, no issues except for the dialer and missed voicemail, which Sprint will be releasing a wm6.5 update in the fall to fix. That is why Sprint has not released any updates except for the picture mail fix and update to Sprint TV. With heavy use, my battery will last almost all day. I have a few tweaks for my battery and I charge my phone with the phone off after letting it die.

Shag! A lot of the problems we have are due to Windows Mobile itself or crappy hardware provided by manufacturers. And believe me custom roms (good ones) definitely do not hinder windows mobile any more than it was out of the box.

I love WinMo but I've used other peoples BBs, the Pre, iPhone/iPod Touch and the Nokia N95 so I know my way around different OSes and Windows Mobile is sorry to say it but the worst at it's most basic. MS is changing that and I know WM7 is gonna be the ****.

A few people are talking about everyday use, others are talking about for business use. I'll just say this it pisses me off when someone tells me to record a video or take a quick pic of something and it takes me almost 5-8 seconds just to get the camera up in running and recording (Running MightyRom6 with TF3D disabled just titanium) or how about when my phone decides not to "end" the call when I press end and I have to soft reset it. **** gets annoying when on my friend's Iphone 3GS I can jump to the camera and start recording a video in less then 3 seconds (I timed it on my TP lolz).

jethro_static 08-06-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicoRich196 (Post 1085891)
Shag! A lot of the problems we have are due to Windows Mobile itself or crappy hardware provided by manufacturers. And believe me custom roms (good ones) definitely do not hinder windows mobile any more than it was out of the box.

I love WinMo but I've used other peoples BBs, the Pre, iPhone/iPod Touch and the Nokia N95 so I know my way around different OSes and Windows Mobile is sorry to say it but the worst at it's most basic. MS is changing that and I know WM7 is gonna be the ****.

A few people are talking about everyday use, others are talking about for business use. I'll just say this it pisses me off when someone tells me to record a video or take a quick pic of something and it takes me almost 5-8 seconds just to get the camera up in running and recording (Running MightyRom6 with TF3D disabled just titanium) or how about when my phone decides not to "end" the call when I press end and I have to soft reset it. **** gets annoying when on my friend's Iphone 3GS I can jump to the camera and start recording a video in less then 3 seconds (I timed it on my TP lolz).

Well it's all gonna change when 6.1 is been overhauled to WM7. I hope.

deprecated 08-10-2009 02:22 AM

I have an update! My sixth touch pro died just a few hours ago... count them. Six. Six of them. The refurb lasted about twice as long as the boxed ones, but the keyboard still puked, and now its doing all kinds of strange artifacting when you touch the screen, and it seems to display portrait and landscape modes simultaneously. Farewell, Touch Pro section. I'm getting the Pre in the morning!

zedron 08-10-2009 04:01 AM

Ive had the TP since January and before that was the Touch from Sprint as well. The only issues I have with the TP are the SLOW responsiveness and the normal occurrences from anything running anything related to Windows. Sure the ROMS and all have helped greatly. If it wasnt for this site and all teh ROMS I would probably have gotten rid of teh TP within the first 30 days of having it.
Going on a week now I got the wife a Pre and I have been messing around with it as usual. Researching all the sites, blogs, forums referencing the "Homebrew" apps and such and I think that with time it will be just as customizable as WinMo is now.
As for speed, I had 4 cards open at once and once I opened the fifth on the Pre is when I NOTICED a decrease in performance. Hell, If I have 2 things running on my TP it is almost unusable (Programs vary of course).

The KB on the Pre blows by far but o well. And I have heard a lot of issues with the KB on the TP going out. Mine has worked fine ever since I got it and have had no problems with it. I rarely use the on screen KB at all so all typing is done with the KB.

If you decide to give the Pre a try and decide you dont like it then that is fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And my opinion is that I think the Pre will better suit my needs then the TP even though I use it for business.

My .02

JuMpMaN6235 08-10-2009 06:46 AM

I used both the pre and TP for about 2 weeks, The only reason i have not kept the pre is, of course, the keyboard.. its ****ing atrocious ... if they would have made it a sideways slide-out, i would be using a pre right now

knot 08-10-2009 09:47 AM

loving my tp right now yeah it took alot of customizing but i look at that like tinting my window or changing the wheels on my car lol neither the tp2 nor the pre have enough to make me jump ship at this time maybe the htc hero but if sense ui and android get ported probably wont jump for it either jusy mt 2 cents

elmerfudpucker 08-10-2009 10:23 AM

I am on my second TP, this one for 4 months no probs. Wrapped this one in Ivisashield. I am here, playing music or on craigslist every day. Also use wmwifirouter pretty often, 12 gigs last month:thumbleft:. I dont see the problem with the camera, I linked it on htc home. The first TP I had was a POS, but I got lucky with this one.

Atomic2Mod 08-10-2009 10:59 AM

I love my turd!

raidzero 08-10-2009 11:05 AM

I love my touch pro! maybe a bit too much as my wife threw it in the garbage yesterday... but I retrieved it.. anyway once you start cooking your own ROMs you start to love it more and more because you can customize as you like and it really is not that hard to do... battery life issues can be reduced to about 12 hours worth of time before it's dead, perfecting everything else takes a while but QUITE worth it!

maxnix 08-10-2009 05:06 PM

Dumped my touch pro!! It was the best thing ever!

Wonder if the Pre will slip quietly back into the mists with all its predecssors?

At least Walt Mossberg will be there using one!