PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Late text messages, permanet fix? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77592)

asgard_thor 08-01-2009 07:45 PM

Late text messages, permanet fix?

I am using pretty much stock Sprint Touch Pro
sprint pro clean up + SMS-MMS threading(that i switched to a few days ago)

I'm getting alot of texts crazy late
and sometimes if I make a phone call or launch a data connection using app, I get texts, I've looked around and didn't see anything

rstoyguy 08-01-2009 08:07 PM

Re: Late text messages, permanet fix?

Something like this is what recently happened to my phone. I recently had it replaced by sprint as I (we lol) determined it a harware issue. Turns out I wasn't receiving text/incomming call notifications until I made a phone call.
It's like the radio quit, new tpro = no more problems.
I concluded the 1x radio notifications quit triggering the phone, it occurred after letting the phone get really hot while tethering at work and that whole weatherpanel data always on scare about a month ago...
...or are you talking about the drunk texting thing? Lol...

asgard_thor 08-01-2009 08:11 PM

lol not the drunk texting thing

Well, I really don't want to go through that process of getting a new Tpro
My phone is at 1x all the time,so any options what I can do? to make sure its triggering, making a call doesn't always work

rstoyguy 08-01-2009 08:17 PM

I tried all the radios, new roms, etc. I finally called sprint tech support, we upped the PRL and what not and couldn't get it to work. So they sent me out a new one, a brand new refurb to replace my 2 month old baby brick. The phone just got too hot, and as a result something melted/came-unsoldered/whatever. My fault or theirs, the hardware just couldn't handle the heat...

asgard_thor 08-02-2009 02:13 AM

so are they're any other options? that I can do

psycho_maniac 08-02-2009 02:59 AM

call sprint and tell them whats going on. maybe they can change something on your profile for an easy fix.

8notime 08-02-2009 01:39 PM

When I was with Sprint my friends could chisel their messages on a stone and hand deliver them faster than Sprint could deliver them. I spent hours on the phone with tech support and went through several TP replacements before I gave up and Verizonized it. Now my texts are instantly delivered in both directions. The strange thing is that I have another friend that has a Diamond and he gets his in a reasonable amount of time. So who knows what the problem is.

psycho_maniac 08-02-2009 03:37 PM

do you get better service with verizon?

8notime 08-02-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1077132)
do you get better service with verizon?

In the west, where I'm at, I would say coverage is a wash. Especially with the roaming agreements the 2 carriers have with each other. However, right before I switched, not only was I having issues with text messages, but I was also having a problem where I'd have 4 bars of signal, but my phone would never ring and callers would be sent to voicemail. Sometimes the voicemail indicator wouldn't come through for an hour or so. I tried setting the slot cycle index lower, working with Sprint tech support, swapping out phones several times, and they just couldn't fix it. I was really bummed I had to switch after 9 years of Sprint's great prices and the first to get the cool phones, but the service just wasn't working out.

jmorton10 08-02-2009 05:12 PM

I swapped from Sprint to VZ for all the reasons already listed -problem solved.

~John