PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I think i got scammed (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74998)

Darkjedi 07-17-2009 11:16 AM

Re: I think i got scammed

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomApolyon (Post 1041724)
Your quite welcome, and I do apologize for the non-polite staff you had to deal with for the record.

Oh and my store is in the Greenville, SC area if you ever need anything, lmk :-P

I wish all store managers were like you, it would make going to some Sprint stores less rage-inducing, hahah. Though this one store next to my work I go to has fantastic staff, and now they're the only one I'm willing to go to.

PhantomApolyon 07-17-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjedi007 (Post 1041766)
I wish all store managers were like you, it would make going to some Sprint stores less rage-inducing, hahah. Though this one store next to my work I go to has fantastic staff, and now they're the only one I'm willing to go to.

glad to hear you found one that you like :)

dc13 07-18-2009 09:31 AM

But still thinking that because your phone doesnt says referb doesnt mean you desurve the acc. I wouldnt give you anything you had a prob. so you got your phone replaced be happy with what you go and didnt have to pay for it. Every time I go to a new duty station I go and meet the Sprint stores and if they help me and are good people then I get them sales in return if I need some help they will help me. Stop being so greedy. Its people like you that I dont like giving my life for. You needed your phone fixxed so they gave you a new phone take it a be happy. My Audi A8 wasnt getting good MPG I took it in got it fixxed for free and things started to work correctly I didnt ask for all the things that I got it with. When I used to bike if something was wrong with my race bike or play bike (Mountain Bikes DH-FR) I wouldnt call Scott USA and tell them I wanted a new bike I would say I need a new swing arm or bearing. EFF GREEDY PEOPLE. Ok that was my RANT.

viwizard 07-18-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomApolyon (Post 1039899)
Ok, I HAVE to chime in here before this turns into a mess for anyone involved. I'm a sprint repair store manager/lead technician for the record.

#1 - As mentioned previously accessories aren't covered so reguardless of what the store actually recieved you certainly are not "entitled" to anything extra.

#2 - If you work for a repair center you are TRAINED to not give the customer anything but the unit itself(some dont even like to give the battery doors) so the people who dealt with you were doing their job correctly(by the book)

#3 - The reason they would keep the extra stuff that came in with a phone is to help out service customers in the future. For example, if your phone is fine but you lost the battery door and had insurance, I'd just GIVE you a new battery door and call it a day, no paperwork, 5 second transaction, everyone wins.

#4 - There are 2 types of repair centers, corporate and indirect. They operate very differently in the respect that a corporate employee can only do what sprint will allow whereas a indirect employee may have different rules/regulations.

#5 - Exchange orders can come in to the stores in various ways. NIB phone, New Phone in Wrapper but not in the box, Refurb unit with or without battery, etc. There are times when I get a brand new unit and brand new battery door and nothing else.

#6 - The policy at my store(indirect) is that if the unit's original battery tests bad we would give you the replacement battery IF it came with one and battery door. If nicely requested by the customer a replacement charger wouldn't be out of the question by any means.

--Now having said all this, if you marched into MY store with an attitude and wanted the accessories that you were ENTITLED to(that you have no idea if the store even got in the first place), you would get nothing other than a breif explanation about how acessories aren't covered under warranty. If you walked in and simply inquired about getting a charger to go with your new unit, I would definitly just GIVE it to you with no questions asked especially if one really came in with the unit.

You are full of!!

drizzo91 07-19-2009 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc13 (Post 1043607)
But still thinking that because your phone doesnt says referb doesnt mean you desurve the acc. I wouldnt give you anything you had a prob. so you got your phone replaced be happy with what you go and didnt have to pay for it. Every time I go to a new duty station I go and meet the Sprint stores and if they help me and are good people then I get them sales in return if I need some help they will help me. Stop being so greedy. Its people like you that I dont like giving my life for. You needed your phone fixxed so they gave you a new phone take it a be happy. My Audi A8 wasnt getting good MPG I took it in got it fixxed for free and things started to work correctly I didnt ask for all the things that I got it with. When I used to bike if something was wrong with my race bike or play bike (Mountain Bikes DH-FR) I wouldnt call Scott USA and tell them I wanted a new bike I would say I need a new swing arm or bearing. EFF GREEDY PEOPLE. Ok that was my RANT.

I don't think i understand your comparisons here. If it was a single part of the phone that the store replaced, i would never have expected new accessories. I came here with a question, i got a great answer, and i thanked the person who gave me the information. Your post bragging about all the things you have and making non-sense comparisons really wasn't necessary. EFF BIG-MOUTHED MOUNTAIN BIKERS. & that was my RANT

fr0st 07-19-2009 11:33 AM

I got 3 new TP's since I owned it. Everytime I got the new one. They gave me the box with all the accessories. If you need a charger let me know. I have 3 :)

HBOOT 07-19-2009 12:06 PM

Hey Frost, can I please request screen protector?:mrgreen:

fr0st 07-19-2009 12:16 PM

Those are all used up. I currently use this kind:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270368467163

I've had this same on one for about 2 1/2 months now and still no bubbles or scratches. They are very worth the price.

HBOOT 07-19-2009 12:35 PM

Gotcha Frost dude man:mrgreen:

DaPeeps 07-19-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc13 (Post 1043607)

WTF are you even talking about?

EFF PEOPLE WHO COME INTO THREADS ONLY TO SPEW NEGATIVITY, TALK DOWN TO PEOPLE, AND LIST OFF THINGS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING. Ok that was my rant :D