PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Question about Touch pro 2. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74984)

wonkalow 07-16-2009 12:42 PM

Question about Touch pro 2.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I did some searching and didnt see anything about it.

I see some people already have touch pro 2's. Although I don't know what carrier theyre using. If I somehow obtain one, can I unlock it and use it on sprint?

I'm a little new to phones like this, so sorry if this is a dumb question.

TheRealHotshot 07-16-2009 01:01 PM

Re: Question about Touch pro 2.

Them ones ppl have are unlocked GSM ones which won't work on sprint. Telus getting one this month but you will have to jump thru hoops to get it turn for you. Its said to come out Q3 for sprint which its already Q3 now so you got like 2 and a half months of waiting if it come out Q3(IMO it will) so just hold tight brethren its coming soon ;)

wonkalow 07-16-2009 01:32 PM

ahh :disgust: Thanks for the reply, I'll keep holding out :mrgreen:

TheRealHotshot 07-16-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonkalow (Post 1039475)
ahh :disgust: Thanks for the reply, I'll keep holding out :mrgreen:

LoL don't worry brethren I have a good feeling that sprint will be releasing it next month or sept. They been releasing phones Krayz fast as of late so one can hope the tp2 is to follow suit as well

Darkjedi 07-16-2009 01:50 PM

Supposedly there are Sprint branded TP2's running around in the hands of Sprint employees/techs. If that's the case, release shouldn't be too far off. Unfortunately considering they haven't even announced a release date, it may still be several weeks off.

Dardo 07-16-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonkalow (Post 1039378)
Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I did some searching and didnt see anything about it.

I see some people already have touch pro 2's. Although I don't know what carrier theyre using. If I somehow obtain one, can I unlock it and use it on sprint?

I'm a little new to phones like this, so sorry if this is a dumb question.

i played with one hands on from my Sprint REP..
he said they should be out August 15th..

this device is soooo NICE.

bigger screen, keys to the bottom of the screen.
the START key and OK key are back..YEEEE HAWW
and they added back the ear phone jack..

i have 2 preorded , it will cost me the full price but its well worth it.

Darkjedi 07-16-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dardo (Post 1039569)

wait it has a 3.5mm slot finally?! and an ok key?! Last I saw it was just a back key.

jshell73 07-16-2009 02:24 PM

what's the "going rate" for TP2's? Sorry being too lazy to look it up at Sprint. I'm guessing $499.00

Darkjedi 07-16-2009 02:45 PM

I'm hoping the Sprint CDMA version will still retain worldphone capabilities. That would be pretty cool.

twistedfish 07-16-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dardo (Post 1039569)

I just looked at HTC's website (for Europe) and the specs for the Touch Pro 2 don't seem to include a headphone jack.

Connectivity Bluetooth® 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP for wireless stereo headsets
Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 b/g
HTC ExtUSB™ (11-pin mini-USB 2.0, audio jack, and TV Out* in one)

I can only hope!! I hate Bluetooth and I hate carrying the stupid dongle with me everywhere!! I would love to be able to buy a cheap headset and leave them in my car and office and never have to worry about that thing, or maybe even be able to buy one on the go if my craps out!!

Here is to hoping!! I guess we will know when it happens LOL

TheRealHotshot 07-16-2009 11:06 PM

if its coming out aug 15th than evp will be letting us know soon(well for everyone who has evpdiscount) we shall see with the weeks to come

duck9191 07-16-2009 11:14 PM

shouldn't be long now, the tp is at EOL so it needs a replacement. just keep waiting patiently lol.

dodge_longhorn 07-16-2009 11:19 PM

but there really isnt anything special for the tp2 hardware wise besides a bigger screen and a bigger battery which having a bigger screen could make it almost the same as our battery life span.. its only worth upgrading if you can through contracts and whata not but buying full price i dont think will be worth the 600 dollars because thats how much my tp was 626 full price but that was my decsion for not renewing my contract so the tp2 will proably be 599 just like the tp was

TheRealHotshot 07-16-2009 11:41 PM

Well for ME the bigger screen,better keyboard,and better tf3d is well enough for me to drop $600 on this phone without batting an eye that's just me tho

BioTecK 07-17-2009 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twistedfish (Post 1039718)
I just looked at HTC's website (for Europe) and the specs for the Touch Pro 2 don't seem to include a headphone jack.

Connectivity Bluetooth® 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP for wireless stereo headsets
Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 b/g
HTC ExtUSB™ (11-pin mini-USB 2.0, audio jack, and TV Out* in one)

I can only hope!! I hate Bluetooth and I hate carrying the stupid dongle with me everywhere!! I would love to be able to buy a cheap headset and leave them in my car and office and never have to worry about that thing, or maybe even be able to buy one on the go if my craps out!!

Here is to hoping!! I guess we will know when it happens LOL

I have a TP2 for about a month and I got to say: It's a great phone! The best I've had in years..

Anyway, like twistedfish mentioned the TP2 got only a mini usb slot and doesn't have a headphone jack slot...
But I can live without it as the phone is a great one! ;)

Darkjedi 07-17-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioTecK (Post 1041236)
I have a TP2 for about a month and I got to say: It's a great phone! The best I've had in years..

Anyway, like twistedfish mentioned the TP2 got only a mini usb slot and doesn't have a headphone jack slot...
But I can live without it as the phone is a great one! ;)

The GSM versions can sometimes be different from the CDMA version. There's a Telus version floating around with a 3.5mm.

Josedogg54 07-17-2009 10:00 AM

The Telus Touch Pro 2 has a 3.5mm headphone jack check it out in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MobileSy.../0/MR60F8bd5Z8

TheRealHotshot 07-17-2009 10:22 AM

U.S. Cellular rebate sheet showed they are getting the tp2 the rebate is valid from 7/12/09-11/12/09 U.S. Celluar is CDMA as well this is also a good sign for us carriers! And to Darkjedi007 yes the sprint tp2 is still a worldphone able to use over seas bro no worries there that was one of the selling points of the sprint tp2 to power/business users on the go being able to take your tp2 over seas and roam off other CDMA networks(don't think that's free) but still nice to have just in case

boredandtattooed 07-17-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duck9191 (Post 1040952)
shouldn't be long now, the tp is at EOL so it needs a replacement. just keep waiting patiently lol.

i highly doubt the TP is at "End of life" it took the mogul 3yrs to reach EOL, and it sold a significant more amount of phones than TP did.. MOgul was Phone of the Year in 08 i think? probably 07 though... TP being EOL is just not even considerable....especially since you can get NIBs still...

If a phone is at "End of LIfe" that means the carriers dont even sell it anymore.. TPs are still quite buyable at any carriers store front...
-----------------------------------------------------------------

i usually dont get into these rumor threads but.... My buddys new GF is a sales rep for VZW.. shes the one that makes presentations to buisnesses and clients to get them to bring their entire compnaies over to VZW.. i asked her last night about the TP2... she says VZW is looking at NOV for their release date... since VZW usually waits till after other carriers, ATT and Sprint, to get theirs my guess is we could expect some a month or so sooner than that for ATT, Telus, and Sprint...

she also said, its up in the air still if VZW will even carry the TP2, since VZW really wants to focus on the Omnia II and the Omnia Pro instead that are coming shorty as well...

just my 2cents

jc8320 07-17-2009 10:44 AM

you guys think sero ppl are screwed in upgrading phones? It seems like to get the pre, or the touch pro 2 we'll have to give up our contracts. You guys willing to drop sero?

TheRealHotshot 07-17-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc8320 (Post 1041703)
you guys think sero ppl are screwed in upgrading phones? It seems like to get the pre, or the touch pro 2 we'll have to give up our contracts. You guys willing to drop sero?

Doubt you have to have the SEP to get the tp2 only two phones out you have to have the SEP and you named one.

jc8320 07-17-2009 10:51 AM

i believe the other one is the instinct. What do i win!?

TheRealHotshot 07-17-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1041687)
i highly doubt the TP is at "End of life" it took the mogul 3yrs to reach EOL, and it sold a significant more amount of phones than TP did.. MOgul was Phone of the Year in 08 i think? probably 07 though... TP being EOL is just not even considerable....especially since you can get NIBs still...

If a phone is at "End of LIfe" that means the carriers dont even sell it anymore.. TPs are still quite buyable at any carriers store front...
-----------------------------------------------------------------

i usually dont get into these rumor threads but.... My buddys new GF is a sales rep for VZW.. shes the one that makes presentations to buisnesses and clients to get them to bring their entire compnaies over to VZW.. i asked her last night about the TP2... she says VZW is looking at NOV for their release date... since VZW usually waits till after other carriers, ATT and Sprint, to get theirs my guess is we could expect some a month or so sooner than that for ATT, Telus, and Sprint...

she also said, its up in the air still if VZW will even carry the TP2, since VZW really wants to focus on the Omnia II and the Omnia Pro instead that are coming shorty as well...

just my 2cents

My 2cents is that the diamond and tp is reaching EOL this aint 2004 when most phones had 2 or more years before EOL most EOL are kinda fast since phones drop over seas 1st so maybe just maybe sprint is going by the euro EOL and not when they phone drops with us EOL. And sprint can EOL any phone they won't don't mean they won't SALE the rest of there stock of that phone. So you telling me sprint EOL tp right now and they have 10,000 phone in stock just cause it EOL they not gonna sell me? Ha you would be quite amazed that they will just my 2 cents ;)

TheRealHotshot 07-17-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc8320 (Post 1041715)
i believe the other one is the instinct. What do i win!?

Ding Ding you are a winner! And not a big secret but reason they made them phones SEP is for the data the phone could use which is a lot if your running live apps all the time it was a safety net so ppl wouldn't go over data if they didn't have it added on there plans. Bottomline is so whoever buys the phone can use most of its "features" of the phone. And what do you win ummm I have half an chicken pot pie! Only used the spoon twice I promise :evil3: :mrgreen:

boredandtattooed 07-17-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot (Post 1041717)
My 2cents is that the diamond and tp is reaching EOL this aint 2004 when most phones had 2 or more years before EOL most EOL are kinda fast since phones drop over seas 1st so maybe just maybe sprint is going by the euro EOL and not when they phone drops with us EOL. And sprint can EOL any phone they won't don't mean they won't SALE the rest of there stock of that phone. So you telling me sprint EOL tp right now and they have 10,000 phone in stock just cause it EOL they not gonna sell me? Ha you would be quite amazed that they will just my 2 cents ;)

i know we all get into our replies/posts and misspell and make poor grammatical errors... but, uh, what?!?!?!? lol

EOL means the carriers no longer officailly carry the product, its not available on the website and you can only get the remaining ones as replacements... the TP1 isnt even discontinued yet....

so maybe reread my post above where i disagree with the poster about the TPs "EOL" status... i even said you can still buy these anywhere..

jc8320 07-17-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot (Post 1041725)
Ding Ding you are a winner! And not a big secret but reason they made them phones SEP is for the data the phone could use which is a lot if your running live apps all the time it was a safety net so ppl wouldn't go over data if they didn't have it added on there plans. Bottomline is so whoever buys the phone can use most of its "features" of the phone. And what do you win ummm I have half an chicken pot pie! Only used the spoon twice I promise :evil3: :mrgreen:

keep the pot pie. i'll take the spoon.. forgot to bring one to work today.

So there is hope that one w/ sero can upgrade to tp2?

Darkjedi 07-17-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc8320 (Post 1041703)

One person made a good point on another thread, that the TP2 probably won't follow the route of the Palm Pre, where you were forced to upgrade to a certain plan. Since the Pre was a exclusive phone to Sprint, Sprint had the power to dictate the necessary plan. Since almost every carrier has the TP2, Sprint at most may just require a plan with data, or just go along the same route as the TP. Who knows for sure though.

TheRealHotshot 07-17-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1041730)
i know we all get into our replies/posts and misspell and make poor grammatical errors... but, uh, what?!?!?!? lol

EOL means the carriers no longer officailly carry the product, its not available on the website and you can only get the remaining ones as replacements... the TP1 isnt even discontinued yet....

so maybe reread my post above where i disagree with the poster about the TPs "EOL" status... i even said you can still buy these anywhere..

And maybe your to slow to understand just cause its EOL don't mean sprint won't have the phone or able to sale it cause its in stock. Dude mogul BEEN EOL and if you need an replacement and want that phone and they have it in any warehouse you get it period might have to put up a fuss but you can get it. Simple math EOL+still have the phone=you can still get the phone...its ok tho bro its early you didn't read my post right so I forgive you(this time) and oh yea -1 for trying to be a grammer police this is an open forum not Corporate America buddy no one getting a check or gold star for spelling every word right and -2 for you saying you couldn't understand my post but replied that was err stupid usually ppl who don't understand things don't reply hahaha good day ole chap cheer! (Hands papers you just been SERVED)

Darkjedi 07-17-2009 11:18 AM

Note to self, ban EOL talk from the dinner table to avoid arguments.

TheRealHotshot 07-17-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjedi007 (Post 1041769)
Note to self, ban EOL talk from the dinner table to avoid arguments.

+1 for that brethren I know that's real! :-|

boredandtattooed 07-17-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot (Post 1041751)
And maybe your to slow to understand just cause its EOL don't mean sprint won't have the phone or able to sale it cause its in stock. Dude mogul BEEN EOL and if you need an replacement and want that phone and they have it in any warehouse you get it period might have to put up a fuss but you can get it. Simple math EOL+still have the phone=you can still get the phone...its ok tho bro its early you didn't read my post right so I forgive you(this time) and oh yea -1 for trying to be a grammer police this is an open forum not Corporate America buddy no one getting a check or gold star for spelling every word right and -2 for you saying you couldn't understand my post but replied that was err stupid usually ppl who don't understand things don't reply hahaha good day ole chap cheer! (Hands papers you just been SERVED)

whatever dude, and like you said, its an open forum, so if i wanna talk about your posts reading like the infamous Technology1, well then, i will..

and call and ask anyone...before a phone is "EOL" it will be removed from that carriers website and store fronts... where did i say you couldnt still get them as replcements..in fact i said that is what EOL usually means-that u can only get one as a replacement.... you cant buy Moguls anymore, but u can still get em from insurance, case in point..

EOL means you cannot purchase that phone anymore NIB from that specific carrier...and that all thats left are refurbs... Moguls were EOL from sprint way b4 they were EOL at VZW

guess you didnt really serve me buddy...feel free to try again though, i love a challenge

TheRealHotshot 07-17-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1042428)
whatever dude, and like you said, its an open forum, so if i wanna talk about your posts reading like the infamous Technology1, well then, i will..

and call and ask anyone...before a phone is "EOL" it will be removed from that carriers website and store fronts... where did i say you couldnt still get them as replcements..in fact i said that is what EOL usually means-that u can only get one as a replacement.... you cant buy Moguls anymore, but u can still get em from insurance, case in point..

EOL means you cannot purchase that phone anymore NIB from that specific carrier...and that all thats left are refurbs... Moguls were EOL from sprint way b4 they were EOL at VZW

guess you didnt really serve me buddy...feel free to try again though, i love a challenge

Guy seriously did you read what you wrote? You said the same thing I said with different example sprint mogul EOL was before VZW EOL I said that with the euro tp saying the phones EOL is up to the carrier and how they deem fit. So I see what's going on here we saying the same thing just worded different and that's cool I see what your saying now and know what I'm saying now. But the tp EOL is this month I believe it was posted a few months ago and right after that that's when we found out about the tp2. I found it strange back than why the EOL was so fast but only to see why now getting ready for the tp2 :headbang: that's all that matter to me getting my hands on this lovely beast of a phone :mrgreen: and I just read that VZW is having A LOT of software problems with the tp2 might be Q1 before they get it!!! Anybody else read that too?

ginkilla 07-17-2009 04:19 PM

I love how people can be so ignorant and think that something is the way they think it should be. All of you so called EOL experts out there should consider doing your research. If you want a mogul, call telesales, they will send you one. Just because you don't see it on the website, or in a storefront does not mean you still cannot purchase the phone.

How old is the 700wx? My girlfriend just called Sprint last week to find out about getting one because she misses that phone and they offered it to her for $399.

EOL means when ALL stocks have been depleted, to include refurbs AND the manufacturer ceases to build them AND publish updates for the phone.

gspitman 07-17-2009 05:11 PM

"Can't we all just get along?" - Rodney King :violent1:

TheRealHotshot 07-17-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gspitman (Post 1042573)
"Can't we all just get along?" - Rodney King :violent1:

Yes we can :)

haus 07-17-2009 08:19 PM

LOL I always thought EOL was considered a manufacturer designation (the latter of end of production runs or end of updates).

But (as long as we're jotting down one-liners) don't tase me bro!

The VZW moguls were available longer than Sprint's because Verizon always sells yesterday's technology a week from next Thursday of the following year. Everybody knows that. :)

TheRealHotshot 07-17-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haus (Post 1042895)
LOL I always thought EOL was considered a manufacturer designation (the latter of end of production runs or end of updates).

But (as long as we're jotting down one-liners) don't tase me bro!

The VZW moguls were available longer than Sprint's because Verizon always sells yesterday's technology a week from next Thursday of the following year. Everybody knows that. :)

Correct^^^ thats what i think cell carriers means by EOL buy hey i could be wrong :mrgreen:

duck9191 07-18-2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1041687)

was bored the other day and found it on the EOL list, forgot the exact date though, ill see if i can find out monday.

A-to-the-J 07-18-2009 02:45 AM

Sprint FTW! The first upgraded me from the Rumor to the Mogul because they broke the # button on my Rumor. Then, when my camera button stopped working on my Mogul, I brought it in into Sprint to get looked at. The had it for like 45 minutes, then the rep came out. He told me because I have the TEP, he could get me a refurb Mogul within 5 days or he can get me a brand new TP the next day. I took the TP in a heartbeat! So I went in the next day to pick up my TP. I am eagerly awating the TP2, hopefully they'd upgrade me for free again because of something stupid. LoL. I'm crossing my fingers for an August release!

duck9191 07-18-2009 05:48 PM

well both local copreate stores have pulled there tp's and i seen the july eol update sheet while looking around at work. i wrote it down actuall it said 7/12. yes you can still get them from many channels but they arent on the sales floor (se mich) now. dont why every ones gotta get all wound up lol, means the tp2 SHOULD be comming soon.