PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 12:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch PRo
Carrier: Sprint

loren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It's been 11 months - Can I EXCHANGE the phone? NO INSURANCE!!

I've had the phone for 11 months. Screen has oily residue. Has a lot of problems. I do not have insurance. I want to exchange it for another one. I bought it at best buy.

Do I go to the sprint store? Isn't there some type of warranty? Or exchange program?
Old 10-07-2009, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313
Re: It's been 11 months - Can I EXCHANGE the phone? NO INSURANCE!!

It might be a warranty. i know Sprint charges to fix if you don't have insurance. But just a suggestion you NEED insurance with these phones. You'll never know what will happen.

----------------
Now playing: Dinner Time
via FoxyTunes

Old 10-07-2009, 01:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate
Carrier: AT&T

coldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It never hurts to try!!!!! The worst they could say is "NO"

Please hit "Thanks" if I helped you.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Is it too late to add insurance, then wait a few weeks, and make a claim?
Old 10-07-2009, 02:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72

You have a year from the purchase date, to purchase the extended warranty proctection. However, just so you know, you cannot call for an exchange until have 30 days of having the coverage.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:07 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren646 View Post
I've had the phone for 11 months. Screen has oily residue. Has a lot of problems. I do not have insurance. I want to exchange it for another one. I bought it at best buy.

Do I go to the sprint store? Isn't there some type of warranty? Or exchange program?
one year manufacturer warranty honored by sprint, they should either trade it or fix it for you but you better hurry, after 12 months you're on your own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman313 View Post
It might be a warranty. i know Sprint charges to fix if you don't have insurance. But just a suggestion you NEED insurance with these phones. You'll never know what will happen.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
Is it too late to add insurance, then wait a few weeks, and make a claim?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
You have a year from the purchase date, to purchase the extended warranty proctection. However, just so you know, you cannot call for an exchange until have 30 days of having the coverage.
asurion's official position is that insurance coverage may be added within 30 days of purchase of a new phone or within 30 days of a paid/warranty repair in a sprint store (as stated by an Asurion Rep @ sprint vendor expo 8/19/09) so yes it should be far too late to add insurance. however i do know the sprint rep's have an "error correction system" in which they can tell asurion "its after 30 days but it should've had it" so if you can get a sprint employee to vouch for you it can be added, however as jmy mentioned, even if they do you'll have to wait a period of time before making a claim otherwise it'll hit asurion's fraud dept.
good luck

Last edited by jbearamus; 10-07-2009 at 03:09 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

furrycnorm is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to furrycnorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren646 View Post

ok, this is what to do.

1. Do an esn swap on sprints website for free. (switch to some random old phone if you have one, doesnt have to work.
2. Switch back to your tp right after.
3. Bingo. Now you are under the 30 since getting it and you can call sprint 5 minutes later and add TEP to your line.
4. Wait a month. File a claim. Hope this helps, worked for me more than once!
Old 10-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
one year manufacturer warranty honored by sprint, they should either trade it or fix it for you but you better hurry, after 12 months you're on your own

Really, because that's a first that I seen sprint will honor a manufacturer warranty. 99.9% of the time you will be told to go to HTC and have them fix it. If sprint fixes it great, but don't count on it. Like other said, your shot maybe to just do an esn swap on your line wait a while I wouldn't say right away, but just switch back and see if you can add TEP, then wait 30 days and file a claim.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Sprint fixes all the keyboard problems in-store. They handle a lot of warranty repairs in-store. Don't see why you can't give this a shot.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

halo9909 is a n00b

I took it to a repair center and they fixed it then it broke and then they ordered a new replacement and didnt ask for any of my info both visits

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro