PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 04:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Camera Auto focus

Yea, if you're out in bright sun the camera in the TP actually works pretty well (except you can't see the screen in bright sun so you're pretty much guessing at what you're shooting)

I took a pic over the 4th of my two kids out in the sun in Acadia National Park & it came out great, but I haven't used the camera in months before that because IMHO that absurd AF lag makes it virtually unuseable most of the time..........

~John
Old 07-07-2009, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellguy View Post
Have you tried to activate the sport mode takes up to like 99 pics in quick order?

Will
I did try that, then it takes like 40 blurry pics in a row.........

~John
Old 07-07-2009, 04:59 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Yea, if you're out in bright sun the camera in the TP actually works pretty well (except you can't see the screen in bright sun so you're pretty much guessing at what you're shooting)

I took a pic over the 4th of my two kids out in the sun in Acadia National Park & it came out great, but I haven't used the camera in months before that because IMHO that absurd AF lag makes it virtually unuseable most of the time..........

I did try that, then it takes like 40 blurry pics in a row.........
~John
Bahahaha!!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

2 things:

1. (from WMUSER review) The HTC Touch Pro 2 is much faster at taking pictures than the Touch Diamond and Pro or HD that preceded it. Focussing is pretty fast, and as soon as it focuses it takes a picture. Due to lacking a hardware camera button taking the next picture is a bit of a drag, but it only takes 2-3 seconds if you are in a hurry to start the process of taking the next picture. All in all the process is no longer painful, which I can certainly say about taking pictures on the Touch HD for example.

2. The camera will not autofucus while you are on a call....so, what I do is call my vm and then take my pics....lame but that does turn off autofucus
Old 07-07-2009, 10:42 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenerd View Post
2 things:

1. (from WMUSER review) The HTC Touch Pro 2 is much faster at taking pictures than the Touch Diamond and Pro or HD that preceded it. Focussing is pretty fast, and as soon as it focuses it takes a picture. Due to lacking a hardware camera button taking the next picture is a bit of a drag, but it only takes 2-3 seconds if you are in a hurry to start the process of taking the next picture. All in all the process is no longer painful, which I can certainly say about taking pictures on the Touch HD for example.

2. The camera will not autofucus while you are on a call....so, what I do is call my vm and then take my pics....lame but that does turn off autofucus
1. The AF has alot to do with the lighting. So I wonder if he tried w/different types. Does it say in the review? On a bright day outside the camera is absolutely wonderful. Fast and very clear pictures. But if i'm in my house where there isn't much light then

2. hahaha. funny...=D>
Old 07-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

heres the review: http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=5489

I was thinking the same thing...but there are multiple shots with varying light conditions . I guess we will have to wait and see... fingers crossed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro