PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Setting Text Message Ringtone? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72352)

codybear 06-21-2009 10:50 PM

Re: Setting Text Message Ringtone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boritato (Post 988504)
Also file needs to be a .WAV and not an Mp3 or any other sound file format.. That's for ur txt messages!

This answers your question.
it was stated above.

Convert whatever file you want to play into a .wav file and put it into your windows directory, problem solved.

Mylt1 06-21-2009 11:22 PM

you cant set an individual ring tone for each contact, at least not with whats on the vzn tp. there is a program out there that claims to do it but i dont remember what it was or if it really worked.

codybear 06-21-2009 11:34 PM

ringo is one of them that allows you to do so.

if you go into the contact details you can.
go to your contacts, then click a name, go to edit, and then there's a assign ringtone option. you can't do it through the manilla(touchflo3d) contacts page, you have to do it through the default one from microsoft.

Mylt1 06-21-2009 11:40 PM

gotcha. thought i tried it once and it didnt work. may give it another try.

elosogrande7076 06-22-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codybear (Post 988983)
ringo is one of them that allows you to do so.

if you go into the contact details you can.
go to your contacts, then click a name, go to edit, and then there's a assign ringtone option. you can't do it through the manilla(touchflo3d) contacts page, you have to do it through the default one from microsoft.

Do u know if there is a way to back up those settings? I asked because thisis something i would like to do but i flash my tp a lot and would love to have a way to backup or easily restore it (using SASHIMI)

coreyoli 06-22-2009 12:23 PM

I'm looking to set TEXT MESSAGE tones, NOT ring tones!

-Corey

Mylt1 06-22-2009 12:32 PM

that cab allows custom tones for text. i must have had an older version that didnt work.

ChaosTheory 06-22-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 (Post 989400)
Do u know if there is a way to back up those settings? I asked because thisis something i would like to do but i flash my tp a lot and would love to have a way to backup or easily restore it (using SASHIMI)

Dashwire claims to backup settings and ringtones. I personally haven't used it for that purpose yet, but I have set up an account and it is pretty nice. I'm sure it will come in handy once I start flashing :-D